The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #1676
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,315
Default

Props to the Spurs, there was no doubt they deserved to be champions this season.

A lot of teams would have folded up and not rebounded after the way they lost in the NBA Finals the previous season, but they allowed that bitter loss in Game 6 to motivate and fuel them all season and they wanted a piece of Miami in the finals this season and then they took it to them.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #1677
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Really happy for Duncan.
Most underrated player ever?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #1678
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You are ****ing beyond infuriating. Yes, lets ignore advanced stats because Willynowei doesn't like them. Let's ignore common sense that suggests 3 first options can't all have their stats elevate when they come together. Wade's stats were similar until his body started to fail him. He learned how to become a more efficient basketball player and, most importantly, the heat won a lot of games, including two championships. But, sure, lets ignore results because his PPG went down and all the above doesn't fit your failing argument.

And according to advanced metrics, Chamberlain still looks the best (though he does with traditional stats too, which were...umm insane), with Jordan coming a close second. Obviously Jordan had "something" Chamberlain didn't. Jordan was a ****ing assassin. The best ever. I've never watched Chamberlain play, but i know he languished with a bad team a while, and also was probably pretty selfish (though he did lead the league in assists one year, go figure).

So, again, you're full of ****.
Hahahah looks like someone's crying as much as her hero!

There's nothing failing about my argument as you have failed to disprove it. Lebron is surrounded by tons of talent, they won games with that talent but he in general forces other players to play in a way where their talent is not maximized. Despite all that, Miami was so stacked they still won two titles.

Don't pop a blood vessel tho kiddo, maybe you oughta go take a walk.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #1679
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Hahahah looks like someone's crying as much as her hero!

There's nothing failing about my argument as you have failed to disprove it. Lebron is surrounded by tons of talent, they won games with that talent but he in general forces other players to play in a way where their talent is not maximized. Despite all that, Miami was so stacked they still won two titles.

Don't pop a blood vessel tho kiddo, maybe you oughta go take a walk.
I've disproved it a hundred different ways. All you keep saying is "nope, you're wrong." I can prove to you the sky is blue by pointing at it, but if you don't admit it, what can i do.

If this style of play didn't work, or wasnt effective, why did Miami win two titles and make 4 finals. Because "all the talent" around him? I thought he wasted so much time dribbling around. How can all that talent help him if he's just dribbling around.

You make no sense. I'm done with this stupid ****ing argument.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #1680
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Most underrated player ever?
Potentially. He is the quietest superstar ever.
5 rings, dominant career and still playing at a high level.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #1681
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

The crazy thing is I dont even care about LeBron so much. Im a knicks fan. I love watching Lebrons game, but I just can't stand when people are being nonsensical, so i have to double down on my argument.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #1682
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,377
Default

Adam Silver is going Mick Foley on the cheap pop. Kissing serious fan ass.
Good job!
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #1683
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I've disproved it a hundred different ways. All you keep saying is "nope, you're wrong." I can prove to you the sky is blue by pointing at it, but if you don't admit it, what can i do.

If this style of play didn't work, or wasnt effective, why did Miami win two titles and make 4 finals. Because "all the talent" around him? I thought he wasted so much time dribbling around. How can all that talent help him if he's just dribbling around.

You make no sense. I'm done with this stupid ****ing argument.
Logic. You lack it.

You can at the same time be very talented, fail to tap into all of that talent because one of your players is too ball dominant, and still win Championships. This is especially the case when you play in a terrible conference and only face 1 good team in the playoffs per year!
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #1684
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

The Spurs dynasty has been so impressive. Pretty damn hard to do in this day. Always good depth. Their stars have adapted to the system. Really pretty basketball. Good on them.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #1685
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,315
Default

Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan have been coach and player together for 17 seasons and have won 5 NBA Championships.

I've read a few articles about their relationship and those two are super tight.

I appreciate seeing a coach and a player together like that for that long of a time with that much success.

In the modern day NBA....and modern sports for that matter, you rarely see a combination like that stick together for almost two decades.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 06-15-2014 at 08:02 PM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #1686
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Logic. You lack it.

You can at the same time be very talented, fail to tap into all of that talent because one of your players is too ball dominant, and still win Championships. This is especially the case when you play in a terrible conference and only face 1 good team in the playoffs per year!
All I have to say is .

So essentially, something worked and won championships, but I'll trust a guy who probably hasn't watched much basketball and is just talking ****.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #1687
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,377
Default

Kawhi won MVP! Good for him. Fantastic player.

Patty Mills acted like he didn't want to give the trophy up. That was hilarious.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #1688
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,687

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Kawhi gets MVP, well deserved.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #1689
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 12,563

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
"Epitome of an apologists attitude"? WOW! So I have to ask in what way did this have any affect on you? While you have a right to your opinion, and I doubt that James or anyone else for that matter gives a **** if you respect him or not, I have to wonder how you quantify having hate for a person who makes a dumb decision that affects no one but him. Hell if that's the case you must hate every person on earth including yourself. And please don't come back with **** about the Cavs. It's a business, not a family. In that case you'd be talking about the ever unsuccessful Jazz.
It didn't have any affect on me. I just stopped rooting for him because it was so utterly lame. I think you're taking this way too seriously. I think you're equating rooting against a player in a sport to actual hate; which is absurd.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #1690
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Kawhi won MVP! Good for him. Fantastic player.

Patty Mills acted like he didn't want to give the trophy up. That was hilarious.
He was awesome. Dude doesn't get tired.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #1691
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
All I have to say is .

So essentially, something worked and won championships, but I'll trust a guy who probably hasn't watched much basketball and is just talking ****.
You don't have to trust anything, you can keep buying Lebron hype comparing him to MJ and Kobe. Ignorance is bliss baby.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #1692
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
You don't have to trust anything, you can keep buying Lebron hype comparing him to MJ and Kobe. Ignorance is bliss baby.
I dont compare him to Kobe or Jordan. He's not as good as one, he's better than the other.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #1693
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He was awesome. Dude doesn't get tired.
I did not expect him to be this good this quickly. Buford is a genius.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #1694
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

So will there be a guess as to when Maven will show up at the Mane again?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #1695
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I did not expect him to be this good this quickly. Buford is a genius.
Remember when people were saying that trade was a wash? Ooof
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #1696
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,687

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

congrats to Kawhi
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #1697
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,569
Default

Great win , great Team... And think if they won last year Timmy would have 6 like M.J.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #1698
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So will there be a guess as to when Maven will show up at the Mane again?
He already was here and commented.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #1699
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont compare him to Kobe or Jordan. He's not as good as one, he's better than the other.
! in your dreams. 7 finals appearances and 5 rings facing stiffer competition with less help. Get out son, wouldn't even entertain that argument!

LeChoke is far below either of those two guys. Spurs let Ray Allen strike back last year and proved who's better today, not even close.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #1700
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,687

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So will there be a guess as to when Maven will show up at the Mane again?
He posted a few pages ago.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Denver Broncos