The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #1251
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Like how priceJJ followed up this post by SonOfLe-loLang

Quote:
First off, you've admitted to not really following LeBron's career, and both the eye test and stats do not back up your claim. Im not sure where "all these fundamental mistakes" are coming from (he's only had one subpar game this series), and a few of his turnovers were due to him being overly aggressive.

Prior to this year, he led the league in PER and win shares for 5 straight seasons (he has 3 of the top ten PER seasons ever, he was second this year to KD, but still a huge 29 PER. By the way, Kobe's best season only ranks him 52). He's taken the Heat to 4 straight finals while consistently dominating on all levels. He can also guard all five spots on the floor (something Jordan or Kobe could never do) and is probably the best passer in the game. Need more proof? Look at the dog**** teams in cleveland he has dragged to the finals. Clutch? Look no further than last year's game 7. Game six in boston in 2001. The 48 special against detroit.

Sorry, despite your basketball background, youre flat wrong. I agree with Mark Jackson. If I'm having an all time NBA starting 5, LeBron is my 3.
With this weak ass response

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceJJ
I've followed Lebron's entire career. I watched him play in high school on TV, and every year since. Sorry he's not in my top 5. Like I said, comparing him to MJ is insane. I don't think he's better than Magic either.

Lebron has good talent, and bigger is than 90% of the players in the NBA.
After making the bold statement of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj
I've played basketball my entire life, and it's my favorite sport. I've played against many college players, and was at one point thinking about trying to walk on at CU. I know a little bit about it. Questioning my basketball knowledge over your perceived greatness of the Miami Heat after never having even played the sport on an organized team is laughable dude. Stay in your lane.

If you were on here talking about Cheese Puffs I wouldn't say anything. I'm sure you know a lot more about snack foods than 90% of the posters on here.
Dude is a real mental midget
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #1252
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So LeBron is ahead of the following right now.

No order.

Magic, Kareem, Jordan, Bird, Russell, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem, Oscar.

He's top 10 but christ yall are elevating him and disrespecting some of the greats who played when you could play real men basketball, not this watered down p***Y ****.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #1253
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Bulls would at least make Miami have a little competition in the East.

Certainly would need to improve his D for sure but Thibs is awesome.

If he joined Miami, they could honestly rest Wade for 3/4 of the season and still get the top spot.
The real question I have with the Bulls is what they do with their draft picks.
We are reportedly trying to package the #16 and #19 to move into the top 10-12 picks.
Then we have the rights to Sacramento's pick until 2017, which means we likely get it next season as it is only top 10 protected next year.

If the FO makes the right moves this year then we are set up well to not only contend next year but to potential be the front runner in future years and having the assets of Mirotic, Sacramento's first and a resurgent Rose.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #1254
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:

No order.

He's top 10 but christ yall are elevating him and disrespecting some of the greats who played when you could play real men basketball, not this watered down p***Y ****.
Well then you should just have 2 separate categories then. Just like Wilt should be in his own. You can't knock LeBron for playing in this era - it's not like he had a choice

You're saying "right now" as if he hasn't played 11 years in the league and been to the Finals 5 times. You realize how ridiculous these numbers are?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #1255
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Mavs, for sure.

Bulls, obviously.

Knicks from the standpoint that he would get the touches but he'd be wasting away his prime there.

Harden and Melo are similar, i dont know if that would work but Melo should stay in the East, West is too good right now.

I think it could work but thats a lot of sacrificing on all-ends from money, touches, etc.

If he wants to win, sure, but he can win and get the shots at other places.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The Spurs draft good basketball players. It doesn't matter where they come from. The problem with most FO's in the NBA is that they just try to acquire the biggest players they can, regardless of skill.

Look at guys like Steph Curry. He's 6'2", can shoot lights out, and basically rules the NBA. Most NBA teams historically (for the past 30 years) haven't been interested in guys like that. The Nuggets have ZERO players like that.

You can't tell me that there aren't dozens of Steph Curry's out there who haven't been drafted, just because they're not over 6'5".

Ray Allen is 6'3.5" and is pushing 40. He's still a major contributor, because he's actually good at playing basketball.

The problem came from the top with Stern. NBA marketing is centered around idolizing players while making them bigger than life. Nobody cares about the Spurs. They say it's 'boring basketball'. Well, if making 19 of 21 shots in the 1st half is boring, then NBA fans have no clue.
Size isn't the only reason guys get pushed down in the draft. This is turning into a freakishly athletic league and if you do not have the athleticism to keep up then you will be downgraded. Team also draft on the projection of what you can be as well as what you currently are.
This is a superstar driven league and teams attempt to draft the guy with superstar talent and ceiling over the all star floor.

Size does matter though, it creates match up issues and if you harness their skill it allows for a lot of holes to be in their game.
If you have a elite skill then scouts will find you.
Curry is a elite shooter but you can go at him on the defensive end with ease and just go off as a scorer. Yes he lights up the score board but he also has issues due to his lack of size.

I would take him all day over a lesser player but size is a legit concern in the NBA.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #1256
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Well then you should just have 2 separate categories then. Just like Wilt should be in his own. You can't knock LeBron for playing in this era - it's not like he had a choice

You're saying "right now" as if he hasn't played 11 years in the league and been to the Finals 5 times. You realize how ridiculous these numbers are?
He plays on one of the talented teams of all-time, am i supposed to give him an award for making the Finals for that?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #1257
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:

No order.

Exactly. That's why it's subjective. It's tough to compare Lebron to Tim Duncan for instance. Duncan is one of the best Power Forwards ever, and probably top 10 best overall basketball players of all time.

Who would win 1-on-1 right now? Who knows? All I know, is it would be close, and Duncan has 10 years on Lebron.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #1258
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The different eras kinda waters down the top 10 greatest. But here's mine.

Jordan
Russell
Magic
Bird
Kareem
James
Wilt
Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #1259
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
He plays on one of the talented teams of all-time, am i supposed to give him an award for making the Finals for that?
And he did it with the Cavs with that d-league roster. He won 66 games and 61 games in back to back seasons.

You need talented teams to make it to the finals. Jordan played on a great team - who were great even when he left for baseball.

Kobe wasn't doing **** in the playoffs until Pau game to to town. Shaq won 3 finals MVPs.

Bird's Celtics? Kareem/Magic's Lakers? Have you seen those rosters?

Even with all this - who is leading the team in all major statistical categories like LeBron? including FG %?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #1260
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Exactly. That's why it's subjective. It's tough to compare Lebron to Tim Duncan for instance. Duncan is one of the best Power Forwards ever, and probably top 10 best overall basketball players of all time.

Who would win 1-on-1 right now? Who knows? All I know, is it would be close, and Duncan has 10 years on Lebron.
This is a joke right? Who would win on a game of 1-on-1 in Duncan vs LeBron right now?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #1261
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And he did it with the Cavs with that d-league roster. He won 66 games and 61 games in back to back seasons.

You need talented teams to make it to the finals. Jordan played on a great team - who were great even when he left for baseball.

Kobe wasn't doing **** in the playoffs until Pau game to to town. Shaq won 3 finals MVPs.

Bird's Celtics? Kareem/Magic's Lakers? Have you seen those rosters?

Even with all this - who is leading the team in all major statistical categories like LeBron? including FG %?
I never doubted LeBron as a player, he's an ALL-TIME GREAT, all i said was right now it's not that crazy to say he's not Top 5.

That is all
Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #1262
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

lol @ games of 1 on 1 like that signifies anything.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #1263
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Size can be manipulated by the other team. Last years finals the heat took Splitter right off the court. Made him non existent. This year he's playing sub par as well. Pop had to adjust in the OKC series to make sure Duncan and Splitter were not on the court at the same time cause OKC kept runnin small ball. Where as going against Portland, Dallas he was impacting the game, now he's a minor contributor.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-12-2014 at 02:26 PM..
Old 06-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #1264
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

So many people want to put Wilt ahead of LeBron but not acknowledging the rules and the height advantage Wilt had over his competition?

Wilt played against weak ass players.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #1265
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
I agree with price.

If Miami wins the title, he's probably top 5.

I dont think its that crazy to not have him in the top 5 RIGHT NOW in this moment, obviously if they win the title we're talking a different tune.

I had a long debate with Bird/LBJ on a different board, i'll just leave that there.
before a player can be judged on his status of EXACTLY where one falls among the elite..shouldn't it be determined once their careers are over? Cant have placement to all is said and done..to much can happen while still playing..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #1266
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

I would take him all day over a lesser player but size is a legit concern in the NBA.
Size is a legit concern in most sports. Most of these NBA teams have been treating it as their only concern, which is one of the reasons the NBA regular season is not a very good product. I'm not very interested in paying $60 to watch guys like Javale McGee get paidd $11M per year to develop their low post game to the point where they can consistently make a 7-foot jump shot.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #1267
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So many people want to put Wilt ahead of LeBron but not acknowledging the rules and the height advantage Wilt had over his competition?

I have Wilt under James.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #1268
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I have Wilt under James.
Wasn't directing anything at you. I'm just saying IMO it's so hard to judge Wilt because of the era he played in.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #1269
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So does LeBron.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #1270
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I agree.

Size isn't the only reason guys get pushed down in the draft. This is turning into a freakishly athletic league and if you do not have the athleticism to keep up then you will be downgraded. Team also draft on the projection of what you can be as well as what you currently are.
This is a superstar driven league and teams attempt to draft the guy with superstar talent and ceiling over the all star floor.

Size does matter though, it creates match up issues and if you harness their skill it allows for a lot of holes to be in their game.
If you have a elite skill then scouts will find you.
Curry is a elite shooter but you can go at him on the defensive end with ease and just go off as a scorer. Yes he lights up the score board but he also has issues due to his lack of size.

Steph Curry lack of size? What? He's a tall player for his position.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #1271
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wasn't directing anything at you. I'm just saying IMO it's so hard to judge Wilt because of the era he played in.
Ya era's are always a factor in sports. Different rules, talent, racism(baseball), Roids, etc etc

Rarely do we see a talent that we could all agree they would dominate any era. Jordan is for sure.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #1272
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
So does LeBron.
...joke right? You're not even trying to compare here...

Wilt played against unathletic humans.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #1273
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

LeBron is currently playing against Duncan - Parker - Ginobili and a great player/defender in Kawhi.

How are you even going to compare that to Wilt when the whole damn league wasn't even recruiting the best athletes in the country.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #1274
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:

you DO know who put the word flop on the map right? Bingo..LeBron himself..you contradict yourself to much..to you Wilt did nothing special because he played against nobody..thats funny..but Lebron is the all time great because he improves every year..doesn't take much to please you does it..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #1275
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Was talking about the East, arguably one of the easiest paths of all-time.

He plays one series against the West.

He has it easy right now.