The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #901
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 
HoFer

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ND
Posts: 7,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #902
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Can't miss your free-throws, Spurs. That's on you!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:48 PM   #903
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Parker isn't the go to guy in those situations(end of game) Hasn't been all year. It's almost always in ginobilis hand. Green was open on 2 possesions down the stretch. Manu just goes into those stupid moments on his own.


Game was over though after that 0-4 bricked free throws.
No it wasn't. It's easy to look back and say, boom 4 FT's! That was the reason SA lost.

It's simple, Miami was clutch at the end of the game and SA was not. Huge Bosh 3, excellent D by the King on Parker, The King attacking the rim drawing a foul, Bosh blowing past Duncan for the assist to Wade to go up 5.

That is where the game was won.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #904
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
Yeah it's far from a must win for anybody. Spurs are tough on the road. Heat have to play their best defense to even be in the game. Going to be a great series.
It was a must win for the Heat 2nite. They had to get the split.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #905
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #906
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
Pops is the only reason this is a series. Spoelstra is so mr remedial
He's an excellent coach. The team is in 4 straight finals. He deserves the credit.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:14 AM   #907
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't think so. The spurs are pros. Don't think it's over till it's over with them
They are. I'd like to see Miami go up 2-1 on Tuesday. 3 to go for a 3 peat.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:20 AM   #908
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
As a Knicks fan, I was often infuriated at the calls Jordan got, the traveling he got away with, and best of all, the defensive fouls that wouldn't get called. He was the king of fouling someone in the paint and then the refs calling it on the next closest guy.
Jordan got so many calls it was ****ing ridiculous.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:23 AM   #909
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
I hate Chalmers so much
Heat fan?



Chalmers just needs to deliver a big game and all is forgotten.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #910
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
No it wasn't. It's easy to look back and say, boom 4 FT's! That was the reason SA lost.

It's simple, Miami was clutch at the end of the game and SA was not. Huge Bosh 3, excellent D by the King on Parker, The King attacking the rim drawing a foul, Bosh blowing past Duncan for the assist to Wade to go up 5.

That is where the game was won.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  61.8 KB
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #911
Maleficent
Return to the Moors
 
Maleficent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,096
Default

LeBron James Went To See Maleficent Before Game 2

Quote:
James quietly showed up at a theater a couple miles from where the Miami Heat were staying for a 5:40 p.m. showing Saturday of “Maleficent.”

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/06/0...before-game-2/

Get that free promo Maleficent.
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #912
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 8,639
Default

Calipari is in serious negotiations with Cleveland according to Dan Patrick this morning. They have allegedly offered 7/63. He would be club president and coach.

Last edited by bombay; 06-09-2014 at 11:26 AM..
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #913
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
No it wasn't. It's easy to look back and say, boom 4 FT's! That was the reason SA lost.

It's simple, Miami was clutch at the end of the game and SA was not. Huge Bosh 3, excellent D by the King on Parker, The King attacking the rim drawing a foul, Bosh blowing past Duncan for the assist to Wade to go up 5.

That is where the game was won.
Sure but they woulda been up 7 if they make those FT's.

Changes how SA attacks late in the game with a lead.

It didnt lose them the game, they didnt execute well but missing those FT's cost them the game or at least a good shot.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #914
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Sure but they woulda been up 7 if they make those FT's.

Changes how SA attacks late in the game with a lead.

It didnt lose them the game, they didnt execute well but missing those FT's cost them the game or at least a good shot.
The King misses a FT, Ginoboli with an errant pass, Bosh with a missed 3 pointer. Ginoboli with a missed 3 pointer. ETC

There were plenty of instances where the game could have gone either way.

You are pulling four missed ft attempts with 6:43/6:34 left in the game. The game at the time was 87-85 spurs. And you are assuming the 4 FT's are automatic even though they aren't great FT shooters. A guy like Ray Allen who is an elite ft shooter, misses shots from the line as well.

The Spurs should've attacked the Heat in the paint repeatedly since they were in the bonus early. But, they did not.

I'm glad the Heat are coming home Tuesday. The long bombs and transition game is much better at home. Need that home cookin.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #915
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Calipari is in serious negotiations with Cleveland according to Dan Patrick this morning. They have allegedly offered 7/63. He would be club president and coach.
I give credit for coaches going for the president/coach route. More control of what is on the floor and more $$$.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #916
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent View Post
LeBron James Went To See Maleficent Before Game 2



http://extramustard.si.com/2014/06/0...before-game-2/

Get that free promo Maleficent.
Glad to see you rooting for the Heat!

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #917
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,988

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
The King misses a FT, Ginoboli with an errant pass, Bosh with a missed 3 pointer. Ginoboli with a missed 3 pointer. ETC

There were plenty of instances where the game could have gone either way.

You are pulling four missed ft attempts with 6:43/6:34 left in the game. The game at the time was 87-85 spurs. And you are assuming the 4 FT's are automatic even though they aren't great FT shooters. A guy like Ray Allen who is an elite ft shooter, misses shots from the line as well.

The Spurs should've attacked the Heat in the paint repeatedly since they were in the bonus early. But, they did not.

I'm glad the Heat are coming home Tuesday. The long bombs and transition game is much better at home. Need that home cookin.
I'm not saying it's the sole reason they lost but it played a big part. Even if they make 2-3, it helps, in a tight, grind out game like that, every point matters.

I agree they shoulda attacked the paint instead of shooting jumpers.

Indeed and i'm sure some of their role players will do better at home.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #918
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Game 3 coming up and the World Cup starting this week. Ahhhh yah!

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #919
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Back home, appropriate colors! And to the Heat fans out there. Looking forward to this game!

Will hit the courts and play some ball, then bars to catch the game.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #920
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 18,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Wades flop and free throws were an added factor in the result of that game.

5,000 dollar fine isn't enough. A one game suspension would get them to stop. People say spurs flop? No one flops more than the heat. That phantom face slap was one of the worst all time flops I've ever seen affect a game.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #921
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Wades flop and free throws were an added factor in the result of that game.

5,000 dollar fine isn't enough. A one game suspension would get them to stop. People say spurs flop? No one flops more than the heat. That phantom face slap was one of the worst all time flops I've ever seen affect a game.
Are you really suggesting in any way, shape or form that SA wins that game if Wade doesn't flop?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #922
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I've never seen a team try to get fouls more than the Miami Heat in game 2. Their strategy was:

A. Flop
B. Drive to the lane and act like you got mugged.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #923
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,985

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I've never seen a team try to get fouls more than the Miami Heat in game 2. Their strategy was:

A. Flop
B. Drive to the lane and act like you got mugged.
Miami was in the penalty with about 6-7 minutes remaining. Hell, they even got a flagrant one (which i thought was absurd) in a critical moment. What is all this b****ing about the refs?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #924
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Not to mention the Pacers flopped nearly the entire Eastern Conf Finals.

And Tim Duncan cries for a foul every time he touches the ball.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #925
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 23,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

its part of the game. I would get trained actors to teach my squad if I was the head coach.

In the end, you must make plays and hit shots, the Heat did that in game 2, the Spurs in game 3.

Going to be another thriller in game 3 no doubt , these two teams are pretty evenly matched.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Denver Broncos