The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #2651
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He averaged 25/11/7 for the series. You're really gonna get on his case?

He had 18 the first game...but he also had 18 boards/10 assists
He didnt shoot well the second game, but it was a complete blowout
Bad game 3
Superb Game 4
Good Game 5
And we already talked about 6 and 7
I'm not gonna get on his case, no but he didnt have some all-time great series.

Not like he averaged 40 PPG in that series like MJ did, if people want to compare him to MJ, LeBron needs to take a series over and put the team on his back like THAT.

Yes, he played well and they won that series because their role players stepped up. Chalmers was huge in Game 6-7, Battier hit i think SIX 3's in Game 7, of course Wade, Bosh, Allen, etc did their thing.

Funny how you dont complain about the supporting cast when the team wins but win yall lose, it's because his team sucks.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #2652
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
There's no way in hell the heat go to 4 straight finals based on one player alone.
Yes this is correct, but if Lebron played for another eastern conference team the past 4 years, the Heat don't make a single Finals appearance IMO. That is assuming you don't change any other aspect of their roster.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #2653
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
I dont disagree but he doesnt need to shift to a Manu-type role.
He's already skipping 30 games a year, why not? His body is starting to fail him, he should be limited minutes. I assume the heat's plan is to get another attacking guard who needs the ball in his hands. I think a Manu-esque role is what he should be embracing.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #2654
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I remember the 4 straight finals James carried the Cavs too. Oh wait nope that **** never happened.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #2655
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Yes this is correct, but if Lebron played for another eastern conference team the past 4 years, the Heat don't make a single Finals appearance IMO. That is assuming you don't change any other aspect of their roster.
Depending where, i think they MIGHT have made it in Year 1.

Wade was still prime-Wade then.

Otherwise, you are correct.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #2656
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
I'm not gonna get on his case, no but he didnt have some all-time great series.

Not like he averaged 40 PPG in that series like MJ did, if people want to compare him to MJ, LeBron needs to take a series over and put the team on his back like THAT.

Yes, he played well and they won that series because their role players stepped up. Chalmers was huge in Game 6-7, Battier hit i think SIX 3's in Game 7, of course Wade, Bosh, Allen, etc did their thing.

Funny how you dont complain about the supporting cast when the team wins but win yall lose, it's because his team sucks.
Who is comparing him to MJ. Stop doing that. But I'd say 25/11/7, especially when you factor his awesome game seven. Disparaging him because he didn't put up 40 (and hes never been the scorer Jordan was) is silly.

And I dont understand how you watched the 2014 finals and think Miami's supporting cast let him down. Dude, they sucked. They might not always suck, but that series they did. But Miami was on a downward spiral all year. Wade can't carry the load he's used to and the entire supporting cast got older. They need to retool, and thats what they are doing.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #2657
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Depending where, i think they MIGHT have made it in Year 1.

Wade was still prime-Wade then.

Otherwise, you are correct.
The year before Lebron and Bosh came, Miami didnt even win 50 games. They weren't making ****.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #2658
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I remember the 4 straight finals James carried the Cavs too. Oh wait nope that **** never happened.
the fact that he carried one ****ty team to one was a feat in itself
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #2659
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He's already skipping 30 games a year, why not? His body is starting to fail him, he should be limited minutes. I assume the heat's plan is to get another attacking guard who needs the ball in his hands. I think a Manu-esque role is what he should be embracing.
Doesnt mean he should play the 6th-man role.

Well, there is this thing called a cap.

Tom Penn on ESPN was breaking it down this morning.

If LeBron does indeed want a max like alot of people are reporting, they cant really add that 4th non-max star.

They would be close to capped out with 7 guys under contract.

LeBron 22, Wade 12, Bosh 15, Cole 2, Napier 1, Haslem 3, Allen 2.

They'd have a little over 5-6 to use before going over the cap.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #2660
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
the fact that he carried one ****ty team to one was a feat in itself
I guess he can win 60 plus games himself. Just don't ask for anymore then that because apparently it's too much.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #2661
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Who is comparing him to MJ. Stop doing that. But I'd say 25/11/7, especially when you factor his awesome game seven. Disparaging him because he didn't put up 40 (and hes never been the scorer Jordan was) is silly.

And I dont understand how you watched the 2014 finals and think Miami's supporting cast let him down. Dude, they sucked. They might not always suck, but that series they did. But Miami was on a downward spiral all year. Wade can't carry the load he's used to and the entire supporting cast got older. They need to retool, and thats what they are doing.
I agree, he had a good Finals, and thats it despite playing well in Games 6-7.

Of course they did but LeBron didnt play super-human either.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #2662
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I guess he can win 60 plus games himself. Just don't ask for anymore then that because apparently it's too much.

The bitterness of a cleveland fan
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #2663
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Doesnt mean he should play the 6th-man role.

Well, there is this thing called a cap.

Tom Penn on ESPN was breaking it down this morning.

If LeBron does indeed want a max like alot of people are reporting, they cant really add that 4th non-max star.

They would be close to capped out with 7 guys under contract.

LeBron 22, Wade 12, Bosh 15, Cole 2, Napier 1, Haslem 3, Allen 2.

They'd have a little over 5-6 to use before going over the cap.
I have a feeling LeBron will wind up taking less. They don't need another star. They need an attacking guard, some kind of big, and the normal role playing shooters. My guess is they'll try to shop Cole out of town for peanuts.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #2664
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Anyone know anything about the guys the Magic drafted? :/
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #2665
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
The bitterness of a cleveland fan
The front running of a Knicks fan.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #2666
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I have a feeling LeBron will wind up taking less. They don't need another star. They need an attacking guard, some kind of big, and the normal role playing shooters. My guess is they'll try to shop Cole out of town for peanuts.
Well, there is a salary cap, you cant have everything.

He probably should take less but most people have said he'll want/get the max, guess we'll see.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #2667
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

You guys need to let us know before the season starts if James doesn't have enough help around him to win.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #2668
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I have a feeling LeBron will wind up taking less. They don't need another star. They need an attacking guard, some kind of big, and the normal role playing shooters. My guess is they'll try to shop Cole out of town for peanuts.

no doubt I expect he wants stacked team vs max contract. I hope he takes max and goes with it.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #2669
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,753
Default

Lol, LeBron is the only player who wants to play for a good team.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #2670
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Sam Amico@SamAmicoFSO 27m Cavs flying to New Jersey to offer Kyrie Irving max contract extension when free agency opens, ESPN reports. It's believed Irving will sign.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #2671
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Lol, LeBron is the only player who wants to play for a good team.
Any team Bron goes to is a good team right away.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #2672
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 9,060

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Lol, LeBron is the only player who wants to play for a good team.
He's already on one. Problem is he ran into a team who is better. Just load up a team in the east with all the eastern all stars. That conference is a joke anyways. Have one team full of all stars to face the spurs and lose again.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #2673
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Well, there is a salary cap, you cant have everything.

He probably should take less but most people have said he'll want/get the max, guess we'll see.
If they want it, they can have all those things if they all took paycuts. I think it would be silly to have four stars. But they do need another effective player, like a Kyle Lowry.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #2674
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He's already on one. Problem is he ran into a team who is better. Just load up a team in the east with all the eastern all stars. That conference is a joke anyways. Have one team full of all stars to face the spurs and lose again.
That team did beat the spurs the year before when it was playing like they were capable of. I think the Spurs were the better team this year for sure, but its in our nature to find absolute truths out of small sample sizes.*** If Wade and Bosh can play like they are capable of, then they'll be contenders. But they do need more depth for sure.

*** People talk as if the Broncos would have lost to the seahawks 41-8 each time if they played a hundred times. Thats not true either.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-30-2014 at 02:24 PM..
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #2675
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 9,060

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That team did beat the spurs the year before when it was playing like they were capable of. I think the Spurs were the better team this year for sure, but its in our nature to find absolute truths out of small sample sizes.*** If Wade and Bosh can play like they are capable of, then they'll be contenders. But they do need more depth for sure.

*** People talk as if the Broncos would have lost to the seahawks 41-8 each time if they played a hundred times. Thats not true either.
Team last year had an underdeveloped Kawhi, as opposed to the Kawhi we saw. Joseph running the point instead of Mills, Neal(not on team) and his suspect defense with a lot of minutes, splitter and Diaw still learning the offense and their roles. And a ginobili who was an absolute unforced turnover machine. Not to mention an undersized Blair on the floor.

And even then it was more a collapse of the spurs than a statement win for the heat in that game 6.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-30-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Denver Broncos