The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #2576
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Nah he'll stay in Miami. The order of business to keep all 3 and bring in a little help at PG/bench is in full swing. All signs point to that happening. I think they are handcuffing themselves with bosh and wade though. They are no longer "big" IMO.
Wade, maybe.

Bosh would be a 20-10 guy again if he went elsewhere, Miami just doesnt use him right.

I agree they'll probably stay but if the cap reports are true, they can maybe add one mid-tier guy and some depth guys. A little better than last year but not a whole lot.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #2577
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA Follow Yahoo Sources: Armed with young talent, assets and max contract space, Suns will pursue a LeBron-Carmelo partnership. http://yhoo.it/1mvssBf
They don't even want to pay Bledsoe as it stands. No way Melo or Bron will go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Nah he'll stay in Miami. The order of business to keep all 3 and bring in a little help at PG/bench is in full swing. All signs point to that happening. I think they are handcuffing themselves with bosh and wade though. They are no longer "big" IMO.
LeBron isn't even setting up visits. He is definitely staying. They will be locked in to that team for 5-6 years and I hope LeBron gets no ETO in his next deal.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #2578
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Nah he'll stay in Miami. The order of business to keep all 3 and bring in a little help at PG/bench is in full swing. All signs point to that happening. I think they are handcuffing themselves with bosh and wade though. They are no longer "big" IMO.
I agree, both are on the down hill slide. Wade will never leave the Heat, but I think they would be wise to let Bosh and his 15 million per year salary walk away.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #2579
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I agree, both are on the down hill slide. Wade will never leave the Heat, but I think they would be wise to let Bosh and his 15 million per year salary walk away.
They don't have a choice. Bosh and LeBron want to continue playing with each other even if it's not with the Heat.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #2580
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Not a good look for Lebron to need even more superstars next to him to beat the spurs.
Meh. He carried that team on his back this year. Wade is a shell of his former self, Bosh isn't all that great, and the team had no depth. They've played a lot of games and minutes over the last few years and were completely spent as this postseason wore on. Anyone expecting LeBron to do it all by himself isn't being real or fair.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #2581
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I agree, both are on the down hill slide. Wade will never leave the Heat, but I think they would be wise to let Bosh and his 15 million per year salary walk away.
It's about being loyal. Although it bites you in the ass most of the time. You have to bring the other two back to reel in the big fish. Bosh, Wade, and Haslem have done their loyal part. The Heat will do theirs. That money spent at Mello/Gasol would make more sense with Wade being limited. You almost have to be cut throat like Billechek/Saban to let Bosh walk after he gives you that type of flexibility.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #2582
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
It's about being loyal. Although it bites you in the ass most of the time. You have to bring the other two back to reel in the big fish. Bosh, Wade, and Haslem have done their loyal part. The Heat will do theirs. That money spent at Mello/Gasol would make more sense with Wade being limited. You almost have to be cut throat like Billechek/Saban to let Bosh walk after he gives you that type of flexibility.
Your right, I just think that like you said at the start of that post, it will ultimately bite them in the ass.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #2583
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
It's about being loyal. Although it bites you in the ass most of the time. You have to bring the other two back to reel in the big fish. Bosh, Wade, and Haslem have done their loyal part. The Heat will do theirs. That money spent at Mello/Gasol would make more sense with Wade being limited. You almost have to be cut throat like Billechek/Saban to let Bosh walk after he gives you that type of flexibility.
How the hell are they supposed to get Melo and Gasol if they money reports are true?

This isnt Madden.

And if those are true, James/Bosh would make 41 mil between the two which they woulda got if they opted-IN.

Wade unless he signed for under 10 mil wouldnt save a ton.

So if thats true, then its 53-54 mil or so instead of 60-61 for the Big 3. 8 mil in savings or so.

Some, but not a ton, if its true.

Last edited by LikeABoss5820; 06-29-2014 at 12:01 PM..
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #2584
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Meh. He carried that team on his back this year. Wade is a shell of his former self, Bosh isn't all that great, and the team had no depth. They've played a lot of games and minutes over the last few years and were completely spent as this postseason wore on. Anyone expecting LeBron to do it all by himself isn't being real or fair.
agree to a point but, it sure appears he wants dream team only or nothing that makes him kind of lame.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 06-29-2014 at 12:23 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #2585
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
How the hell are they supposed to get Melo and Gasol if they money reports are true?

This isnt Madden.

And if those are true, James/Bosh would make 41 mil between the two which they woulda got if they opted-IN.

Wade unless he signed for under 10 mil wouldnt save a ton.

So if thats true, then its 53-54 mil or so instead of 60-61 for the Big 3. 8 mil in savings or so.

Some, but not a ton, if its true.
You misunderstood me. I was talking about being loyal. That money allocated for Wade and Bosh would make more sense used on Mello and Gasol type player. Not all 4.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #2586
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
agree to a point but, it sure appears he wants dream team only or nothing that makes him lame.
That's not what he wants. We got killed bc we had no depth. He wants an improved roster, more Mike Miller types than Mello's.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #2587
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

This Jason Kidd story is odd. Milwaukee is retarded
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #2588
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
You misunderstood me. I was talking about being loyal. That money allocated for Wade and Bosh would make more sense used on Mello and Gasol type player. Not all 4.
My apologies.

Bosh is misused imo.

Wade is tough to say, he looked GREAT in the first 3 rounds, decent/good in the first 3 games vs SA then looked toast in the final 2 games.

I think he can still play but i mean, he sat out most of the year, they had an easy first 3 rounds and he looked tired.

I'd give him 3 years, then see what happens.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #2589
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
That's not what he wants. We got killed bc we had no depth. He wants an improved roster, more Mike Miller types than Mello's.
That is spot on.

Although i'm sure they could make Melo work if it happened but depth-wise after the starting lineup....
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #2590
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
This Jason Kidd story is odd. Milwaukee is retarded
I think this is a strategic move on Kidd's part. He knows the fate of the Nets is downhill. He knows he did a good job last year with what he had. Might as well get out of situation that has no hope and look for a job with more long term job security.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #2591
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
I think this is a strategic move on Kidd's part. He knows the fate of the Nets is downhill. He knows he did a good job last year with what he had. Might as well get out of situation that has no hope and look for a job with more long term job security.
For HIM it makes sense...i dunno why Milwaukee cares to give up compensation and control
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #2592
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 9,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Meh. He carried that team on his back this year. Wade is a shell of his former self, Bosh isn't all that great, and the team had no depth. They've played a lot of games and minutes over the last few years and were completely spent as this postseason wore on. Anyone expecting LeBron to do it all by himself isn't being real or fair.
He doesn't even get to the conference finals if that team was in the west. None of those players played more games over the years than the team that punked them off the court. SA had a much tougher road in that playoffs. Took more effort OKC Dallas Portland. Heat coasted and played who? They should've been the fresher team.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-29-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #2593
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He doesn't even get to the conference finals if that team was in the west. None of those players played more games over the years than the team that punked them off the court. SA had a much tougher road in that playoffs. Took more effort OKC Dallas Portland. Heat coasted and played who? They should've been the fresher team.
This.

The minutes argument is just a bunch of excuses for the LeBron fanboys like Tony.

They went through untested basically in the East playoffs. Health-wise, they were fresh as can be.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #2594
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

James hasn't changed since his days at Cleveland. You either get the talent he wants or he will leave.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #2595
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He doesn't even get to the conference finals if that team was in the west. None of those players played more games over the years than the team that punked them off the court. SA had a much tougher road in that playoffs. Took more effort OKC Dallas Portland. Heat coasted and played who? They should've been the fresher team.
lol, the Heat have been in the finals 4 straight years. And the Spurs are a considerably deeper team than Miami. Neither of these statements are debatable, they are facts.

And to the "fanboy" comments, I'm not a Heat fan. I'm a Nuggets fan.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #2596
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 9,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
lol, the Heat have been in the finals 4 straight years. And the Spurs are a considerably deeper team than Miami. Neither of these statements are debatable, they are facts.

And to the "fanboy" comments, I'm not a Heat fan. I'm a Nuggets fan.
How many games did they play? You can get to a finals 4 straight years while playing less games than another who didnt. Like I said count how many games the spurs have played over the years?

There's no excuse coming from the easy east that the team wouldn't be fresh. Spurs had to play 3 more games than the heat that playoff run.

Also, it's not really the deep angle, it's the way they play together under Popovich. How was Diaw before becoming a Spur? mills? Green? How are players once they leave...hill? Neal? Not as great.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 06-29-2014 at 03:55 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #2597
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
lol, the Heat have been in the finals 4 straight years. And the Spurs are a considerably deeper team than Miami. Neither of these statements are debatable, they are facts.

And to the "fanboy" comments, I'm not a Heat fan. I'm a Nuggets fan.
SA has gone to 3 straight WCF's, 2 straight Finals.

SA had series of 7, 5, and 6 before the Finals, Mia had 4, 5, and 6 basically going untested.

Depth-wise, both teams played 8-9 players.

Check Mate.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #2598
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He doesn't even get to the conference finals if that team was in the west. None of those players played more games over the years than the team that punked them off the court. SA had a much tougher road in that playoffs. Took more effort OKC Dallas Portland. Heat coasted and played who? They should've been the fresher team.
Points taken but, factor in a team going for a 3 peat vs Hungry SA team. 2 peat team was content and lost its hunger which happens to alot of teams in same scenerio.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 06-29-2014 at 05:28 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #2599
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Points taken but, factor in a team going for a 3 peat vs Hungry SA team. 2 peat team was content and lost its hunger which happens to alot of teams in same scenerio.
They didnt lose their hunger, they just got their ass kicked by a better team.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #2600
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
They didnt lose their hunger, they just got their ass kicked by a better team.
Huh SA wanted a rematch with Miami in the finals. If that's not a edge in hunger going into finals I don't know what is. Once finals started it was clear SA was better team this year. To say being a two time champ doesn't let down some I just don't buy it.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 06-29-2014 at 06:29 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Denver Broncos