The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #2501
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He's a 76er
thanks...
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #2502
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Jusuf Nurkic. I know almost nothing about Jusuf Nurkic except that Fran Fraschilla called him a mountain man this week, Danny Chau keeps saying heís got dancerís feet, and Thursday night we learned that his father is a riot police officer in Bosnia. Iím so glad Jusuf Nurkic exists.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...iggins-randle/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #2503
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Not big on Euro players but, at least Nuggets got props by press yesterday great job. At least the C is 19 and see if we can develop him. What moves do you see coming this summer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
What trades do you see Nuggets doing later this summer?

For me, the Euro was an extra asset to gamble on. I'm not going to sit here and say Gary Harris is the best player ever, but all the mocks I read had the Nuggs taking him at 11, so the fact that they could still get their guy at 19 and get an extra draft pick out of it, I was happy.

As for moves/trades, the local guys are saying that they're basically done and will roll out this team (with Gallo and McGee coming back) at least to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised if an in-season deal happens, but we'll see.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #2504
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Lakers are also on 'Melo's list.

Quote:
Anthony opted out of his contract with the Knicks recently to become an unrestricted free agent and can begin talking to teams July 1. A source said there is currently no frontrunner for Anthony's services. He is expected to meet with the Knicks, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source-...172349955.html
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #2505
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I swear to God. If we draft Gary Harris for the Nuggs I will lose my **** tonight. Just straight up lose it.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #2506
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
For me, the Euro was an extra asset to gamble on. I'm not going to sit here and say Gary Harris is the best player ever, but all the mocks I read had the Nuggs taking him at 11, so the fact that they could still get their guy at 19 and get an extra draft pick out of it, I was happy.

As for moves/trades, the local guys are saying that they're basically done and will roll out this team (with Gallo and McGee coming back) at least to start the season. I wouldn't be surprised if an in-season deal happens, but we'll see.
Thanks for the breakdown. Glad to see Nuggets do well.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #2507
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
I am still not ok with that. Let's just let that lie. It's possible I may snap again and actually break something this time.
It doesn't sound any better to me the next day even after all of the experts fellating McDermott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
The only teams that worry me are the Knicks and the Bulls. The Bulls because they have been cheap in the past and this FO doesn't land super stars. Hell, the reason he has so much interest in us is because of Noah being in his ear and then talking about Thibs.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #2508
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Robert Mays on Gary Harris:
Quote:
Gary Harris and his game deserve more than a one-word description, but every time I watched Harris play for Michigan State in the past two years, I kept coming back to the same adjective: sturdy.

That may seem like a fairly ďmehĒ way to describe a guy lurking around the top 10 of what we all (except Danny Ainge) see as a pretty good draft, but I mean it as pretty high praise. Everyoneís favorite thing about Jabari Parker, even before the Joel Embiid news, is that heís the best plug-and-go option at the top of the draft. Iíd argue that Harris is an even better one.

The majority of teams in the league could lean on Harris as their starting shooting guard tomorrow, and even among first-round talents, thatís a rarity. As a Bulls fan, my hope in December was that Charlotteís pick would fall at 11 or 12, solely so Harris could wind up in Chicago and be the off guard it has been needing for years.

Harris will never be a highlight machine ó and that fixed athletic ceiling is part of whatís keeping him at the back end of the lottery rather than the top eight ó but he just does everything youíd want a player at his position to do. Iím choosing to throw out his shooting numbers from last year. He shot 41 percent from 3 as a freshman, but really, all you have to do is watch. He couldnít look any more comfortable on catch-and-shoots from the corner; itís effortless. More important, he brings it on the other end.

The sturdiest part of Harrisís sturdy game is the defense. He makes up for the 6-foot-4 frame by knowing where he has to be pretty much all the time. That doesnít come along all that often in 19-year-olds who shoot it like he does. Donít just lump him in with the 3-and-D crowd, either. Part of what makes Kawhi Leonard the guy he is right now is what happens when he puts the ball on the floor. Harris already has that; heíll put it down if he needs to.

I hope every team drafting in the top 10 enjoys the limitless potential of guys like Noah Vonleh when Harris is averaging 14 points a game, shooting 40 percent from 3, and generally making life hard for other teamsí point guards next year. Every draft has its ďWait, why did we act like we didnít know this?Ē guy. Harris has been my pick for a while.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...ake-your-pick/
Old 06-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #2509
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Danny Chau on Jusuf Nurkic:
Quote:
Iíve really pigeonholed myself as the international prospects guy over the past week, and as much as I want to show the Internet that Iím more than just a foreign fetishist, I really, really want you to know about Big Jusuf.

Jusuf Nurkic (not to be confused with fellow European big man prospect Nikola Jokic) is a big boy. Real big. And remarkably fluid for all the heft. Heís a moai of Easter Island gliding up and down the court on a dolly. Heís Zangief with Chun-Liís legs (sorry). He is, based on height and weight alone, every bit the brick wall Nikola Pekovic is, but with little dainty dancerís feet, allowing him to do ridiculous things no man his size should even dream is possible.

Check out this play at 7:10.

Look at where he is hedging this pick-and-roll. Look at him rushing the passer. Look at how terrified that poor guy is. Look at how fluid he is taking the ball coast-to-coast for the dunk. How many other 6-foot-11, 280-pound guys in the NBA are capable of pulling this play off? DeMarcus Cousins, surely, but there is no way heís putting that much effort into hedging that far out. Greg Monroe would be able to get the steal, but heís not getting from Point A to B that quickly.

Scouts have talked about Nurkicís ďconditioning issues,Ē but if heís already capable of doing things like this, imagine what he could do when a team whips him into shape. Itís a pick-and-roll league, and this guy has shown he can play it on both ends of the floor. Again, heís 6-foot-11 and 280 pounds. Itís surprising he isnít considered a consensus top-10 prospect. Whatever, man. Iím holding this tiny dancer close.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...ake-your-pick/
Old 06-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #2510
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
That's just for show. They have nothing there but an aging and injured Kobe with dumb ownership (Jim at least, not Jeanne). He will not go there.

You are in for a rough couple of years, 24.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #2511
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
That's just for show. They have nothing there but an aging and injured Kobe with dumb ownership (Jim at least, not Jeanne). He will not go there.

You are in for a rough couple of years, 24.
If Jim Buss gets run over and dies in a car accident, Laker fans would have a really hard time not jumping for joy.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #2512
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
If Jim Buss gets run over and dies in a car accident, Laker fans would have a really hard time not jumping for joy.
It boggles the mind as to why he(Jerry) appointed him over basketball operations.
Jeanie has the clear better head both for business and for basketball.
She also is the face of the Lakers ownership and the one who represents the Lakers in board of governor's meetings.

Seeing him run the Lakers into the ground is as bad as having watched Hal Steinbrenner try to penny pinch when running the Yankees and being stunned when fans gave him a big ole **** you.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #2513
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Melo doesn't care about winning. He cares about looking good and making his wife happy. He'd totally sign with the Lakers. No other players? No problem. More attention on him.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:51 AM   #2514
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Melo doesn't care about winning. He cares about looking good and making his wife happy. He'd totally sign with the Lakers. No other players? No problem. More attention on him.
There is that Kobe guy still getting a lot of attention!
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #2515
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yep. I'm a lakers fan so I would be for it. Just want them to at least be a tad competitive in Kobe's final years.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #2516
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Yep. I'm a lakers fan so I would be for it. Just want them to at least be a tad competitive in Kobe's final years.
I am curious to see what Kobe does after he retires. I would think he ends up as part of a ownership group at some point.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #2517
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I am still not ok with that. Let's just let that lie. It's possible I may snap again and actually break something this time.
It doesn't sound any better to me the next day even after all of the experts fellating McDermott.
To make you feel worse, they coulda had James Young and Harris.

Add Melo, sign Augustin or a vet cheap PG to backup Rose.

I assume they trade away Dunleavy.

Rose, backup.
Butler, Harris.
Melo, Young.
Gibson, Melo.
Noah, vet big.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #2518
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

so is Jurkic another Darko Milicic (or whatever his name was)? Euro players are always going to be good in the fundamentals (boxing out, rebounding, following shots, etc.) but where they can't always compete is the raw athletic talent of the NBA. Also, it's a long season and conditioning + strength is important.

I just never get too excited about some of these big Euro players. If the Nuggets score big time on a big guy like Jurkic I'll love it. But, I'm not holding my breath.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #2519
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
so is Jurkic another Darko Milicic (or whatever his name was)? Euro players are always going to be good in the fundamentals (boxing out, rebounding, following shots, etc.) but where they can't always compete is the raw athletic talent of the NBA. Also, it's a long season and conditioning + strength is important.

I just never get too excited about some of these big Euro players. If the Nuggets score big time on a big guy like Jurkic I'll love it. But, I'm not holding my breath.
Nikola Pekovic or Marc Gasol is likely his career trajectory.

Quote:
To make you feel worse, they coulda had James Young and Harris.

Add Melo, sign Augustin or a vet cheap PG to backup Rose.

I assume they trade away Dunleavy.

Rose, backup.
Butler, Harris.
Melo, Young.
Gibson, Melo.
Noah, vet big.
We were going to take Napier with one of the picks if we couldn't trade up. Not sure who the other target was.
We wouldn't have taken 2 SG's though.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #2520
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
We were going to take Napier with one of the picks if we couldn't trade up. Not sure who the other target was.
We wouldn't have taken 2 SG's though.
Still, Napier and Young or Harris is better than McBuckets.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #2521
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
I am curious to see what Kobe does after he retires. I would think he ends up as part of a ownership group at some point.
I hope he coaches or does something in the media. How awesome would it be to see him on TNT?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #2522
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Happy to get Napier. Does this mean the Heat don't pursue Lowry?
Good to see Haslem opt out to opt in saving 5M. Hopefully we hear the same from Bosh and Wade soon.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #2523
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I hope he coaches or does something in the media. How awesome would it be to see him on TNT?
So... You want to put Shaq and Kobe on the same show?
That would be epic for ratings.

Quote:
Still, Napier and Young or Harris is better than McBuckets.
The only reason I will somewhat attempt to warm up to this is because Thibs had a hard on for him. Stauskas and McDermott were the top targets so when Stauskas went I guess we wanted to make sure we got McDermott.

I agree that, I actually wanted either Nurkic or McGary and Harris.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #2524
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
So... You want to put Shaq and Kobe on the same show?
That would be epic for ratings.

Those two with Barkley would be must see TV.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #2525
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

D Wade opts out.