The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #26
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Good post thanks, I also loved the Von Miller segment.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
FISH
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 408

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
We really need a Louis Valsquez thread, He's been the best Olineman to date and Elway robbed SD of a quality starter to boot.

I think he goes overlooked because not once this year have you heard his name call for holding.
He actually had a big one (edit:holding call) against Dallas but that's the only one I remember....hes been playing very well. I think thats been the only one in a long time too.
FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #28
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH View Post
He actually had a big one (edit:holding call) against Dallas but that's the only one I remember....hes been playing very well. I think thats been the only one in a long time too.
Good catch. A big 40 yard reception by DT called back
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #29
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
That also leaves the issue that I believe there is no way he would move to guard.
I'm baffled that you think this is an issue.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm baffled that you think this is an issue.
Because Tackle is a much more difficult job. It is a higher paying job. Any good or great tackle like Franklin would resist a move to guard as it will lower his value and his money. He is due for FA and he will want to hit FA as a tackle not a guard.

If the Broncos re-sign him he will want to be compensated like a Tackle not a guard.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,995

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm baffled that you think this is an issue.
I'm baffled that you don't.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #32
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,101

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Worry about it in the offseason and bask in the current joy gentleman.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

If you're a good offensive lineman you'll get paid what you were worth. The top three highest paid offensive linemen are all tackles, but the fourth and fifth highest are a guard and center. And once you come off that top tier, it's actually broken up pretty evenly depending on what the team thinks of the player. So the idea that Franklin moving to tackle will absolutely = less money just isn't true. It would show he's a versatile player, which adds value.

You also have to consider if a pretty good tackle became and all-pro guard (not saying he will, per se) that his value would actually be much higher at a better fit.

An awesome left tackle is highly valued, but outside of the top tier, it evens out.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
If you're a good offensive lineman you'll get paid what you were worth. The top three highest paid offensive linemen are all tackles, but the fourth and fifth highest are a guard and center. And once you come off that top tier, it's actually broken up pretty evenly depending on what the team thinks of the player. So the idea that Franklin moving to tackle will absolutely = less money just isn't true. It would show he's a versatile player, which adds value.

You also have to consider if a pretty good tackle became and all-pro guard (not saying he will, per se) that his value would actually be much higher at a better fit.

An awesome left tackle is highly valued, but outside of the top tier, it evens out.
I agree but consider Denver's cap options they are not going to pay Franklin top dollar to play guard.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #35
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,331
Default

gotta love all the posters worried about how much Pat Bowlen's gonna have to spend of his own money.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #36
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
gotta love all the posters worried about how much Pat Bowlen's gonna have to spend of his own money.....
more about the cap, we all know this isn't the 90's anymore and everything done around the Broncos complex has a dollar amount attached to it.

I could care less about Bowlen's money he probably has no idea how it is spent anyway.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,045
Default

PFF won't tell you that Clark isn't good at sustaining blocks like Clady becuase of how quickly Manning gets rid of the ball.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
PFF won't tell you that Clark isn't good at sustaining blocks like Clady becuase of how quickly Manning gets rid of the ball.
PFM definitely makes all the lineman look better than they probably are.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #39
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I love back-ups playing like this. Denver needs to resign Franklin or Clark whoever comes cheaper. In hindsight Denver should have just Franchised Clady.
You must not pay attention to the details. Clark signed a 2 year deal when Clady went down.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #40
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You must not pay attention to the details. Clark signed a 2 year deal when Clady went down.
You must not be paying attention either as this was mentioned a long time ago.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #41
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 346

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

To the OP-

Don't know contract status, positions played in college, arm length, contracts, etc...

Your post doesn't come across all that credible....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
To the OP-

Don't know contract status, positions played in college, arm length, contracts, etc...

Your post doesn't come across all that credible....
WTH are you talking about? I posted a link. I never said I knew anything about Franklin in college, fool. In fact I made it plainly clear that I did not know this information.

Unlike some people I have no problem admitting when I do not know something.

If I ever see you at a tailgate I am going to nut-punch you.

Last edited by Guess Who; 10-19-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #43
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
If you're a good offensive lineman you'll get paid what you were worth. The top three highest paid offensive linemen are all tackles, but the fourth and fifth highest are a guard and center. And once you come off that top tier, it's actually broken up pretty evenly depending on what the team thinks of the player. So the idea that Franklin moving to tackle will absolutely = less money just isn't true. It would show he's a versatile player, which adds value.

You also have to consider if a pretty good tackle became and all-pro guard (not saying he will, per se) that his value would actually be much higher at a better fit.

An awesome left tackle is highly valued, but outside of the top tier, it evens out.
Not to mention he HAS played tackle and could use that in negotiations ... it will only add to his value if he can play both positions at a high level.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #44
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
WTH are you talking about? I posted a link. I never said I knew anything about Franklin in college, fool. In fact I made it plainly clear that I did not know this information.

Unlike some people I have no problem admitting when I do not know something.

If I ever see you at a tailgate I am going to nut-punch you.
if it were me I'd probably delete this thread and think about what i post in the future. or at least do some research on said subject. or develop some thicker skin
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #45
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
PFF won't tell you that Clark isn't good at sustaining blocks like Clady becuase of how quickly Manning gets rid of the ball.
You could make the claim that this whole team wouldn't be what it is with out manning.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #46
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
You could make the claim that this whole team wouldn't be what it is with out manning.
Not completely.

Clady is exceptional in his initial movement and sustaining his blocks no matter who's back there. Ramirez/Vasquez are all very solid and their play is just what it is.

The biggest weakness is Beadles because he whiffs once of twice every game right off the snap. Even Manning can't overcome a guy like Beadles who just let's guys go, virtually unblocked at times, into the backfield.

Hopefully this is the last year we see Beadles on the field as a Bronco.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #47
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 346

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
WTH are you talking about? I posted a link. I never said I knew anything about Franklin in college, fool. In fact I made it plainly clear that I did not know this information.

Unlike some people I have no problem admitting when I do not know something.

If I ever see you at a tailgate I am going to nut-punch you.
Thank you for your insight
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #48
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 346

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
if it were me I'd probably delete this thread and think about what i post in the future. or at least do some research on said subject. or develop some thicker skin
Exactly.

To the OP-
If you're going to spout off about what Franklin can and can't do you might want to know a little bit about him which you obviously don't. Same goes for Clarks contract status.

Just saying....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #49
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Everybody's dancing around the right way to play this, or try to play it is: Starting now, coach up one or two of these guys to play center, then release Walton. He's a FA next year.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #50
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Everybody's dancing around the right way to play this, or try to play it is: Starting now, coach up one or two of these guys to play center, then release Walton. He's a FA next year.
I'd be okay if we rolled with ManRam as the center for next year (he still has some work to do on the snaps, but I bet he worked the heck out of it this week!), let Walton walk, let Beadles walk (or RFA tender?) Kuper at LG, keep Clark as insurance/jumbo, and draft some interior C/G late to develop Magazu style.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Denver Broncos