The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default Why home field matters

Manning:
  • in Foxboro: 2-9, 61% completion rate, 22 TD, 20 int, 79.5 QB rating
  • In Mile High: 16-3, 68.6% completion rate, 52 TD, 10 int, 111.5 QB rating

Brady:
  • in Foxboro: 92-18, 63.4% completion rate, 197 TD, 63 int, 95.3 QB rating
  • in Mile High: 2-4, 59% completion rate, 11 TD, 7 int, 87 QB rating

Manning is significantly better in Denver, worse in Foxboro. Brady is significantly better in Foxboro, worse in Mile High.

I have a feeling we will see the Pats again. I would much rather see them in Denver. Beating KC and then finishing out the season to stay home in January is imperative. Forget the stats about cold weather - the above are much more meaningful, IMO.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Bottom line is we have to win out now. Looking at the Pats schedule, I can see them winning out and now they have the tie breaker over us. We don't want to go back there for the AFC Championship game.

WE NEED TO WIN OUT
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Unless it's cold at home, then we have no chance.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Unless it's cold at home, then we have no chance.
right, but we have double stamped, triple negative, no chance in Foxboro.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
right, but we have double stamped, triple negative, no chance in Foxboro.
Exactly, did you see Peyton crying after the game?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Exactly, did you see Peyton crying after the game?
not through my own tears, no.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
not through my own tears, no.
thanks Obama
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
thanks Obama
exactly.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
not through my own tears, no.
brilliant response, best of the day !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Greatspirits's Avatar
 
"Little Von!"

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Park Hill
Posts: 775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev
Default

For this team it does, they sure the hell can't win big games on the road.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,060

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If they can't win there in November they aren't going to in January. This was a bigger game than people think. Having said that I can see them winning out and getting home field.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,512

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Meh, it's about getting hot at the right time.... The Raven beat both of said teams on the road, and they clearly we're not the better team overall, just a that time
B-Large is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,139

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Meh, it's about getting hot at the right time.... The Raven beat both of said teams on the road, and they clearly we're not the better team overall, just a that time
I'm not even sure they were the better team that day against us. Every break went their way. And Rahim Moore.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm not even sure they were the better team that day against us. Every break went their way. And Rahim Moore.
and, well...you know

(brrrrrr)
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,380
Default

of course it does! ask the concessioneers and local bar owners !
whose gonna tailgate at mile high for an away game?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,512

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm not even sure they were the better team that day against us. Every break went their way. And Rahim Moore.
I agree, sometimes it's just being in the groove cosmically... That sounds cheesy, but it's true
B-Large is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Manning:
  • in Foxboro: 2-9, 61% completion rate, 22 TD, 20 int, 79.5 QB rating
  • In Mile High: 16-3, 68.6% completion rate, 52 TD, 10 int, 111.5 QB rating

Brady:
  • in Foxboro: 92-18, 63.4% completion rate, 197 TD, 63 int, 95.3 QB rating
  • in Mile High: 2-4, 59% completion rate, 11 TD, 7 int, 87 QB rating

Manning is significantly better in Denver, worse in Foxboro. Brady is significantly better in Foxboro, worse in Mile High.

I have a feeling we will see the Pats again. I would much rather see them in Denver. Beating KC and then finishing out the season to stay home in January is imperative. Forget the stats about cold weather - the above are much more meaningful, IMO.
I disagree!

We need to get tougher!

The Super Bowl is in NY & the NFC has some fierce foes to throw at the AFC this year.

If we can't hold up to a little adversity on the way to the Super Bowl we don't belong there anyway. The NFC will kill anyone that is allowed to coast on in.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,139

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I disagree!

We need to get tougher!

The Super Bowl is in NY & the NFC has some fierce foes to throw at the AFC this year.

If we can't hold up to a little adversity on the way to the Super Bowl we don't belong there anyway. The NFC will kill anyone that is allowed to coast on in.
If we make the super bowl, it will mean we have already won some tough games in **** weather.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,817

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
of course it does! ask the concessioneers and local bar owners !
whose gonna tailgate at mile high for an away game?
Damn fine idea. Think they'd play the game on the jumbo torn for me when I am done tailgating?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Winning out is pretty much our only option, unless somebody beats New England. That is why last night mattered. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #21
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If we make the super bowl, it will mean we have already won some tough games in **** weather.
do we win our next game in KC?
if not, then discussion of the SB is ludicrous.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,175

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Winning out is pretty much our only option, unless somebody beats New England. That is why last night mattered. . .
Yup. This loss will sting with me for a while.

Had we won, we would have a THREE game lead on the next best division leader, with only 5 games to play. Barring a colossal collapse....homefield would have been all but assured already.

Now we have only a 1 game lead, and the #1 seed is very much up for grabs. In fact, as we've said, we probably have to win out to get it.

Last night's loss was HUGE.....bigger than huge.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,139

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
do we win our next game in KC?
if not, then discussion of the SB is ludicrous.
You're right. The Ravens looked like a Super Bowl team last year in week 15.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #24
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Yup. This loss will sting with me for a while.

Had we won, we would have a THREE game lead on the next best division leader, with only 5 games to play. Barring a colossal collapse....homefield would have been all but assured already.

Now we have only a 1 game lead, and the #1 seed is very much up for grabs. In fact, as we've said, we probably have to win out to get it.

Last night's loss was HUGE.....bigger than huge.
It was absolutely devastating. I almost regret the $10 I spent on getting a digital antenna to be able to watch the game from my place. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #25
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
edog24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Meh, it's about getting hot at the right time.... The Raven beat both of said teams on the road, and they clearly we're not the better team overall, just a that time
Agreed, we looked over rested last year and got knocked out by the Ravens. I hope we continue to firm things up and really start rolling in the last couple games before the playoffs. It's very unlikely and I can't remember the last time we have done this (I guess the Tebow year maybe?), but it's possible.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Denver Broncos