The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Colts to Honor Peyton Week 7

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...broncos-week-7

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts will not give quarterback Peyton Manning the cold shoulder when he returns to Lucas Oil Stadium with the Denver Broncos on Oct. 20.

The Colts plan to honor Manning for his 14 seasons with the organization when the Colts and Broncos play in Week 7, owner Jim Irsay told USA Today Sports.

"We're going to have a great tribute to him," Irsay told the newspaper. "It's going to be something where you go into it wanting to have a lot of fun, where you love Peyton as a Colt fan, but now we're competing against him."

Details of the tribute, which will include a lot of cheers -- and possibly tears -- from what will be a sold-out stadium, have yet to be finalized.

I don't see how we lose this game.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Good for them. I know a ton of people on this board will inevitably have a problem with this, but he deserves it.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

**** the faithless Colts. You turned your back on Manning, now reap the whirlwind.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Really? The Colts beat the Niners in Candlestick and the then-perfect Seahawks. They're a clutch team and will be at home. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we lost that game.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
**** the faithless Colts. You turned your back on Manning, now reap the whirlwind.
They made a business decision that ultimately has benefited them, and us......there was no way they could have kept Manning and draft Luck #1 overall.

We get the short term benefit of 3-5 years, they get what seems like yet another franchise QB for the next 10-15 barring injury.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

The irony here is, I could see our D winning this game for us...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Von Miller may cause Luck to explode into confetti
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Really? The Colts beat the Niners in Candlestick and the then-perfect Seahawks. They're a clutch team and will be at home. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we lost that game.
No doubt this game will be a huge challenge for us. Of course our O is alot better then SF and Seattle's but, D's are better. I'm glad Miller can play in this one.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-10-2013 at 11:06 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

I think you'll see a lot of orange #18 jerseys in the stands. Sure, Luck MIGHT be a great QB, but, Manning is solidifying himself as the GOAT, while putting up god-like numbers as a Bronco. If I was a Colts fan, I'd feel pretty torn-up about that.
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
They made a business decision that ultimately has benefited them, and us......there was no way they could have kept Manning and draft Luck #1 overall.

We get the short term benefit of 3-5 years, they get what seems like yet another franchise QB for the next 10-15 barring injury.
Ya.. it's hard to argue with the decision. They're going to win another superbowl and probably more with Luck at the helm.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Think again -- they could have kept Manning, and traded the Andrew Luck pick for far more than the Rams traded away the Griffin Pick. Probably three #1 picks and 2 #2 picks at a minimum.

Could the Colts have made a run at the Super Bowl with Manning at the helm along with that bounty?

Again -- **** the Colts, teams without loyalty get what they deserve.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If we let the Colt's WR's run wild like we did the Cowboys WR's? Very good chance we lose our first game of the season...but I just think we will win because Manning is the master and Luck is still the pupil....not to mention we should be much healthier too.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

How funny would it be if at the post-game handshake Peyton and Luck just start making out instead?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #14
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
How funny would it be if at the post-game handshake Peyton and Luck just start making out instead?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Think again -- they could have kept Manning, and traded the Andrew Luck pick for far more than the Rams traded away the Griffin Pick. Probably three #1 picks and 2 #2 picks at a minimum.

Could the Colts have made a run at the Super Bowl with Manning at the helm along with that bounty?

Again -- **** the Colts, teams without loyalty get what they deserve.
Yes, because the last time they traded away arguably the once in a lifetime #1 overall pick Stanford QB it worked out so well for them.

they got a Pro bowl player in Chris Hinton and two #1's.....they then wallowed in obscurity for many moons.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
I wouldn't be totally shocked if we won or lost. Colts are a very good team. We are a very good team.

Ultimately, though, the Colts haven't played offensive juggernauts like us. The Niners and Seahawks are primarily defensive first teams. We are absolutely offensive first. So can Luck and Trent outscore Manning and Knowshon?

Also - you say its at home, but won't a lot of that home field advantage be lost based on Manning returning to his NFL hometown? With a friggin Tribute built up for HIM? With many fans irritated that the Colts cut him lose? With many who love Manning as much as their whole team? How many blue 18s will be in the stands with the Broncos orange 18s?

I actually wonder if when Manning lines up under Center and waives his hands to quite the crowd down and if they won't actually do just that. He has been getting Colts fans to quite down for him for a long time. They probably won't do the waive.

Last edited by Irish Stout; 10-10-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

I dunno...Luck is kind of a goofy looking dude. But heat of the moment and all of that, so it could be possible.

And people thought Janet Jackson's nipple slip was an uproar...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

I think Irsay genuinely wants to do this but I also think he is hoping it will get into Peyton's head a little bit.

On a side note, I love the comments on the article. Many of the Colts fans have convinced themselves that they let him go so he could go win a Superbowl because they weren't ready and it was actually an act of kindness. They chose to go with the future instead of the present which has worked out for us and them but nonetheless.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:

This.

I wasn't sure what our record would be when Von returned, but now it's very possible it'll be 6-0. Either way, I was very glad we were getting him back for this one. Sure, Peyton will be fired up to beat his old team/town/friends, but it doesn't take away from the fact that this is a very good football team and they are playing at home.

The NFL/NBC network was smart to lock this one up as a Sunday Night Game before the season.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

It's good of the Colts to do. Manning made them relevant again and he should be honored in Indi. But Manning is probably going to tear them a new one as a reminder. The kid might be good, but he is not me kind of thing.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I dunno...Luck is kind of a goofy looking dude. But heat of the moment and all of that, so it could be possible.

And people thought Janet Jackson's nipple slip was an uproar...

Old 10-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #22
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I think Irsay genuinely wants to do this but I also think he is hoping it will get into Peyton's head a little bit.

On a side note, I love the comments on the article. Many of the Colts fans have convinced themselves that they let him go so he could go win a Superbowl because they weren't ready and it was actually an act of kindness. They chose to go with the future instead of the present which has worked out for us and them but nonetheless.
Great, if they let him go to actually support Peyton, then they should all be rooting for him on October 20th! Give him your full support Indy!!!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #23
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Great, if they let him go to actually support Peyton, then they should all be rooting for him on October 20th! Give him your full support Indy!!!
Absolutely.

You can't have it both ways, Indianapolis. Either you support Manning, or you stabbed him in the back. You decide.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

We're going to have a great tribute to him," Irsay told the newspaper. "It's going to be something where you go into it wanting to have a lot of fun, where you love Peyton as a Colt fan, but now we're competing against him."

That is a classy move by their owner.

Hope we kick the **** out of them by 28 points.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #25
uplink
Ring of Famer

I want to see if Peyton can get the fans to quiet down in Lucas when he walks up to take the snap with the usual hand waiving he does at Mile High. He should try it.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote