The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #26
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
That was the context behind Eugene Robinson's "These are the Indianapolis Colts!" comment...
I was going to make the same point.

Ah, good old Eugene Robinson. He played a big roll in two of my favorite memories of all time!

Kudos for him winning the 1998 NFL Man of the Year award, though.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I remember the game and also driving around for some reason but every sports station was interviewing someone from that Colts' team. I can't think of a bigger regular season upset since that time.

Without looking it up due to laziness, didn't the Colts make the playoffs the next season with a 8-8 record or 9-7 and then was one Hell Mary pass away from upsetting the Steelers and going to the Super Bowl? Fast turnaround.
Looking it up now it looks like they went on to win two more games after the Green Bay one later in 97 to finish 3-13. The next year (98) was Peyton Manning's rookie season, when they also went 3-13. It was 99 that they had the incredible turnaround and went 13-3, the Manning legend was born, etc.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote