The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #26
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
There are places in upstate New York that are incredible! Heck, just ninety minutes up the Thruway, you have Rochester, which is a great city! And the areas right around Buffalo are some beautiful places. If you've never been there, it's nothing like you would probably expect. It's green, and lush.

But Buffalo? The best thing you can say about Buffalo is that it's not Cleveland. If Hogan still came around, I would look forward to his negative REP about this comment (even though REP was stupid, and he didn't even really know what REP was, and he wasn't sure how to check it, and anyone who cared about REP was an idiot, and - and - and -). So, sorry, Hogan. But Buffalo is the armpit of our great country (Cleveland, being the sphincter).
Born and raised in Rochester. Great city and the western NY scenery is amazing.

Buffalo blows chunks although they've done a good job w urban revitalization in recent years. Great minor league baseball stadium, too. Ahh I miss home now, dammit.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I was born and raised there... Yes, outside of Buffalo New York is a pretty place... I was always fond of the finger lakes myself....
The finger lakes are ridiculously beautiful. And then there is Ithaca! I lived six months in Ithaca, and I now base all my life's travels upon how they compare to that great city. I truly love that town, its people, and its surroundings that much!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
One word: Scalper

Before the game the last two seasons, I have got a $40 upper and last season a $60 plaza level seat. Minutes before game time.
damn that sucks. In Denver a scalper would laugh himself to death if he got a $40 offer for tickets.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #29
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

It makes sense. I don't see how it's a viable option to move Jacksonville to LA when the Chargers are 2 hours down the road and cannot even sell out games.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Just sell the Chargers to Carlos Slim or some other rich Mexican and build a killer stadium in SD. Cultivate a huge following on both sides of the border and cater to Mexicans.

The games between the Raiders and Chargers will be like THE GANGS OF NEW YORK.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Instead of metal detectors you can't get in without a knife to protect yourself.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #32
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
damn that sucks. In Denver a scalper would laugh himself to death if he got a $40 offer for tickets.
Not for the buyer. Not sure if you remember this but I owned 50 season tickets to the Chargers and they have prices that are overinflated and the team has exactly the description of bandwagon fans. Trouble selling playoff tickets because of the possibility of rain so I had to go to the parking lot and sell them at a loss. The hardcore fan base is very small. At least Raiders' fans have an excuse of fearful of their life and their team has sucked for 11 straight seasons.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #33
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

If the Chargers had a new stadium, this wouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately, the Q is a dump and can't blame people for not wanting to go when they can get a better experience at home with HDTV and no bathroom lines to deal with etc. The bathroom lines are ridiculously long forcing people to go pee on the walls or in a corner. It's bad.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #34
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
If the Chargers had a new stadium, this wouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately, the Q is a dump and can't blame people for not wanting to go when they can get a better experience at home with HDTV and no bathroom lines to deal with etc. The bathroom lines are ridiculously long forcing people to go pee on the walls or in a corner. It's bad.
They can do it cheaper and redo the stadium. They can lower the field by 3 feet giving the field level seats unobstructed view and make them premium seats (which = more $). Get rid of the big wall and have South endzone drop near field giving fans a better view and on top of the action. Get rid of the baseball "curve" and pull the best yardage seats parallel to the sidelines. Cosmetic touches of LED screens along faces of the level (who still uses billboards that are not electronic?) and of course more bathrooms.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #35
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
They can do it cheaper and redo the stadium. They can lower the field by 3 feet giving the field level seats unobstructed view and make them premium seats (which = more $). Get rid of the big wall and have South endzone drop near field giving fans a better view and on top of the action. Get rid of the baseball "curve" and pull the best yardage seats parallel to the sidelines. Cosmetic touches of LED screens along faces of the level (who still uses billboards that are not electronic?) and of course more bathrooms.
No. There's no point in sinking more money into a decaying structure.

The Falcons "needing" a new stadium is ridiculous because it's only 20 years old. Qualcomm Stadium actually needs to be torn down because it's falling apart (it's going to be 50 years old soon) and it's not designed for football. They can put all the lipstick on that pig that you want but it's not going to fix the deeper problems with that stadium. The problem is the city is broke and the local government is in shambles right now and has been a mess for a long time.

I love watching Charger games but I will admit that just being in such an ugly, worn down stadium isn't a pleasant experience. A new stadium would be so much more attractive to go to. The difference in going to Padre games (Petco Park vs Qualcomm Stadium) night and day, even thought the product still sucks, just because of the new stadium and all the renovation around Petco Park.

A report from 2011:

The report assessed the condition of the stadium and said nearly $80 million in maintenance and improvements were needed, including $18 million in mechanical issues, $17 million in site repairs — which includes the parking lot — and $12 million in plumbing. A new video display board would cost $9.6 million.

The report estimated $30.2 million of the $79.8 million to be “short-term conditions” that are necessary for the facility to function but may not require immediate attention. The remainder — $5.7 million — was deemed to be “long-term requirements” which are likely to be require attention within five years, or would be considered enhancements to the facility.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #36
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

^^^ Why I said to redo it instead of tearing it down because of the situation at the government level in San Diego. Look how nice Angels Stadium has become when they redid it. A fraction of the cost and looks great. Put $40 million more into the project and the improvement would be huge. There is no new stadium in site so make it manageable.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #37
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
^^^ Why I said to redo it instead of tearing it down because of the situation at the government level in San Diego. Look how nice Angels Stadium has become when they redid it. A fraction of the cost and looks great. Put $40 million more into the project and the improvement would be huge. There is no new stadium in site so make it manageable.
According to Wikipedia the renovation cost $118 million in 1997 ($169 million in 2013 dollars).

To get aesthetic improvements would cost even more IMO because those numbers quoted in 2011, don't address a lot of the visual improvements that the stadium would need.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #38
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
According to Wikipedia the renovation cost $118 million in 1997 ($169 million in 2013 dollars).

To get aesthetic improvements would cost even more IMO because those numbers quoted in 2011, don't address a lot of the visual improvements that the stadium would need.
What would a new stadium cost? I would think $120 million would go a long ways for the improvements. Not sure what was included in 1997 but I imagine some of those are still in use today and doing fine.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #39
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
What would a new stadium cost? I would think $120 million would go a long ways for the improvements. Not sure what was included in 1997 but I imagine some of those are still in use today and doing fine.
New stadium on the cheap side in S.D.? $700 million sound about right?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #40
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
What's football?

"Dude, I gotta go surfing. Wait, dude...night game? It's too dark for surfing, dude. I might as well go that place where they throw a ball around, dude. Or, I could just stay home and smoke weed...dude."
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #41
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/16/qualcomm-stadium
Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #42
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

9,000 tickets need to be sold by 8:40 p.m. ET tonight

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...tball-blackout
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #43
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Well thanks to some local sponsors and ESPN for buying up the tickets, there will be no blackout.

Man that fan base really sucks.
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote