The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We sacked Romo four times. And got some pressures that he played houdini on.
This is an understatement. How many times on some of the early drives did he magically evade good pressure on third down to make a play?

I kept thinking, "Well, if he's going to have to make plays like that consistently in order to keep up, we don't have anything to worry about." And then we did.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Romo was "on" during most of that game. As bad as the D played the pass he was throwing some dimes out there and doing a wicked escape act on some of the plays he should have been sacked on.
Some of his throws were just beautiful. Like you want to show a potential QB his and Manning's film from that game on how to be a QB.

Duke is mostly a run stuffer and is only in his second year. He'll get better as he plays more and grows as a S.
It was a home game for Dallas, they were amped up after running their mouths to the media all week. They played above themselves on Offense, I thought their D was worse than ours, we started the game without Champ and Von and we also lost Woody and Harris for the game and then Trevathan, Ayers and a couple others for parts of it. When your down to your last stringers in the secondary your going to give up passing yards.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #28
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That's based on week 5.

Broncos fans have become incredibly spoiled. We've won so many regular season games in a row, we (and others) start trying to find as much fault with the team as possible, and then get all worried when we discover the team isn't flawless (as if there's another team in the league that is)

Of course we have flaws, but none of them are fatal. If we stay healthy, we'll have as good a chance as anyone.
Did you read the article? It said statistcally that Ihenacho is terrible in coverage for the whole season, not just the Dallas game. Since Denver has played few good passing teams this could be a problem. It has nothing to do with us fans being spoiled.
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

His play has been downhill since the beginning of his nagging injuries. Can't expect all of our UDFA's to be baller, but hopefully he can progress.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #30
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Since Denver has played few good passing teams this could be a problem.
Ummmm, what?

#7, #10, #11 and #14 are the passing rankings of 4 out of our 5 opponents so far.

Raiders are the only one we faced so far who suck at passing.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #31
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
We sacked Romo four times. And got some pressures that he played houdini on. I think this had more to do with poor coverage.

Yes but Von and Champ should make a significant difference at both ends. It will get better.

Lets be honest ROMO just played the best game of his life and still
****ed it up.

Give the defense props if your gonna complain.

Last two plays they sacked him and intercepted him.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #32
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Let's check the secondary rankings in 2 weeks when we have a legit pass rush. Willing to bet Miller changes the entire dynamics of our defense.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #33
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
in pass coverage.

http://milehighmaniac.com/2013/10/08...m_medium=email

Considering Denver has only played one top notch passing tem so far and the defense got throttled this could be an issue. Good thing Champ is coming back.
You started a thread based on this sentence:

"According to the grades given out by ProFootballFocus, Ihenacho was almost the worst safety in the league for week five. Of 64 safeties who were graded, his -2.8 grade (with 0.0 being average) was better than only Major Wright of the Bears and Antrel Rolle of the pitiful New York Giants."

Injuries to Woodyard and Harris SEVERELY hurt Denver's D against a pretty good offense (that barely lost to KC IN KC).....and you take a pot shot at Nacho for his pass defense in that ONE game? Really?

Denver has to ADJUST around injuries during a game, especially one that takes out your defensive captain and signal caller - NOBODY knew what they were doing after Woodyard and Harris went out - but you call out Nacho based on PFF's bull**** rating on a stat that didn't matter because EVERYBODY knows that Denvers D struggled - and for a very good reason - sheeeshus........
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #34
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
You started a thread based on this sentence:

"According to the grades given out by ProFootballFocus, Ihenacho was almost the worst safety in the league for week five. Of 64 safeties who were graded, his -2.8 grade (with 0.0 being average) was better than only Major Wright of the Bears and Antrel Rolle of the pitiful New York Giants."

Injuries to Woodyard and Harris SEVERELY hurt Denver's D against a pretty good offense (that barely lost to KC IN KC).....and you take a pot shot at Nacho for his pass defense in that ONE game? Really?

Denver has to ADJUST around injuries during a game, especially one that takes out your defensive captain and signal caller - NOBODY knew what they were doing after Woodyard and Harris went out - but you call out Nacho based on PFF's bull**** rating on a stat that didn't matter because EVERYBODY knows that Denvers D struggled - and for a very good reason - sheeeshus........
I didn't say I agreed with it. It is a controversial thread because he is a fan favorite here in this forum so I knew people would scream fraud.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #35
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
I didn't say I agreed with it. It is a controversial thread because he is a fan favorite here in this forum so I knew people would scream fraud.
Fraud? How about "unimportant thread based on nothing"?
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #36
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I laugh looking at our stat rankings because its warped. Our run defense looks better than it is and our pass defense looks worse than it is.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Lets be honest ROMO just played the best game of his life and still
****ed it up.
Were it against anyone but this Denver offense, he'd have won.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #38
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Nacho rocks. We get Von back and our secondary are going to look like all pros. Week 7 and a fresh Von and Champ. I like the sound of that.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #39
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Fraud? How about "unimportant thread based on nothing"?
Profootball Focus is one of the best sites around. I never noticed Nacho being poor in coverage in any games before the Dallas game but if they say he is one of the worst then it bears discussing.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #40
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Nacho rocks. We get Von back and our secondary are going to look like all pros. Week 7 and a fresh Von and Champ. I like the sound of that.
Yeah I think Champ playing and Carter moving to thedime package will be a significant upgrade. Von rushing will also help tremendously.

Also I think Nacho being poor in coverage is probably to be expected. It is much easier for a S to come in and be agressive and play against the run than it is to cover WRs or TEs.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #41
BroncsCheer
Scrappy, cerebral poster

There is no dark side on the moon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny T

I like PFF -definitely not a BS site, and the numbers are good IMO
Nacho was crispy after that game, along with everyone else who covered a receiver that day.

Romo is REALLY GOOD at scrambling, and he slung it like old 4" Farve.
I would think that this Defense will come out strong and look really good on Sunday to try to wash the taste of that lousy performance out of their collective mouths.

I'll definitely go back to PFF after each game though - I generally agree with their empirical analyses based on my anecdotal 'eye test'
BroncsCheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #42
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
We sacked Romo four times. And got some pressures that he played houdini on. I think this had more to do with poor coverage.
We had 4 sacks and a handful of other pressures but that's doesn't mean many of the other times he wasn't standing back there in a nice cushy pocket with all day to throw. Quite frequently I saw him back there for 5 seconds plus before making a toss. Hard to cover with that much time gone by.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Whenever an article cites ProFootballFocus you can just stop reading.
QFT
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #44
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That's based on week 5.

Broncos fans have become incredibly spoiled. We've won so many regular season games in a row, we (and others) start trying to find as much fault with the team as possible, and then get all worried when we discover the team isn't flawless (as if there's another team in the league that is)

Of course we have flaws, but none of them are fatal. If we stay healthy, we'll have as good a chance as anyone.
No kidding. If Nacho is the worst in the NFL (passing or otherwise) give me the worst any day.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #45
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummmm, what?

#7, #10, #11 and #14 are the passing rankings of 4 out of our 5 opponents so far.

Raiders are the only one we faced so far who suck at passing.
Teams getting blown out are going to throw the ball lots. Teams trying to keep up in a shootout are going to throw the ball lots. In any case, on paper our pass D will be "terrible" because of all the yards allowed.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #46
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh people...the real problem is when fans start looking at decent players, no matter the position, and insisting they should be hall of fame players.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #47
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd argue 3 of the 4 sacks the Broncos had Sunday were coverage sacks.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #48
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Broncos' cheerleaders rule!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

I mean, that nobody Whitten kept getting open, fire Nacho now!!!
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #49
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Ieatnachos was kicking major ass until last week along with the rest of the secondary i'm sure they will get it back together
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #50
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Stats can be misleading, and the only one that matters in the end is W vs L.

Would I like Denver to be #1 in every category, sure, but really, as long as we win, I could give 2 hoots about it.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote