The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #51
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
So I am a female now? Man you are on a tear today.

I don't think you followed my post at all, but that's cool.
Quote:
So, you give the OP crap by responding like a d-bag and then turn around and say that Henne could provide problems for us?

That is solid work there.
See bold. Yes, you jumped to major conclusions here. Nowhere does he say that Henne could provide a problem. Henne > Gabbert does not = "provides a problem for the Broncos"
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #52
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Has anyone in history hit 7 field goals in a game?

Hence why I said its hard?
http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...s/cundiff.aspx
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #53
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
See bold. Yes, you jumped to major conclusions here. Nowhere does he say that Henne could provide a problem. Henne > Gabbert does not = "provides a problem for the Broncos"
cali, I am a fan of yours...I am serious, you make me laugh just about every day but you need to lay off the cough syrup today my man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I agree with this. Henne is a much better QB. He should have started the whole season. He could provide problems for Denver.
He says it, right ****ing here.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #54
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
7 fg's?
My first ever Broncos game was in St. Louis 2006, and they kicked 6 field goals along with 0 touchdowns to win 18-10. So I would say 7 is very possible.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #55
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
My first ever Broncos game was in St. Louis 2006, and they kicked 6 field goals along with 0 touchdowns to win 18-10. So I would say 7 is very possible.
Rocket just found a game where it happened. That's pretty crazy to do
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #56
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Has anyone in history hit 7 field goals in a game?

Hence why I said its hard?
Bironas hit 8 in a game in 2007.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #57
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Some of you need to realize regardless how seriously you or I take this team, or how pissed off the Jags fans are about the twitter comment, neither group can do anything to change the outcome of the game in any way more or less than they already do. So outside of the fans being less loud, which is unlikely, the two teams will be the ones who decide. And after a bad performance on defense and with Peyton Manning on offense, it is unlikely either squad is looking to lay down this week.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #58
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Some of you need to realize regardless how seriously you or I take this team, or how pissed off the Jags fans are about the twitter comment, neither group can do anything to change the outcome of the game in any way more or less than they already do. So outside of the fans being less loud, which is unlikely, the two teams will be the ones who decide. And after a bad performance on defense and with Peyton Manning on offense, it is unlikely either squad is looking to lay down this week.

Sure, mostly just trying to voice my own concerns and keep boredom at bay.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #59
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

On a positive note, just saw this awesome quote from Andrew Mason:

"Broncos fans, savor this. It's like getting to sit with the Viennese court in the 18th century and watch Mozart conduct "The Marriage of Figaro" live. This is an art form at its zenith."
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #60
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
So you're telling me there's a chance...
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #61
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
So, you give the OP crap by responding like a d-bag and then turn around and say that Henne could provide problems for us?

That is solid work there.
Hey Douche, I did not say Jags couldn't give us problems but why should we not sleep on the Jags?? Whatever that means.

and besides the post was a joke anyway.

Last edited by Guess Who; 10-09-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #62
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well said Kaylore. I laugh when people actually think what they wear or say can "Whammy" or haven an effect on a said game. Even crap talked by players before games mean nothing once kickoff happens. The Jags are garbage and Denver is in dire need of back to back bye weeks. That is the type of break Denver needs with all the banged up players.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #63
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
cali, I am a fan of yours...I am serious, you make me laugh just about every day but you need to lay off the cough syrup today my man

He says it, right ****ing here.
I have no excuse. I need to get better drugs than the cough syrup for the cheap high.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #64
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Pretty much. Didn't think it was that hard to explain. Maners seem to be very female sometimes. As you see from my response on "jumping to conclusions".
Um... some Maners are, in fact, female, BCJ. Maners come in both genders... lol
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #65
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

For those of you with ESPN Insider access, there is a front page article about how the Broncos should bench Manning for the game just to be safe. It's not a very well thought out article because he acts like we have already won the division and have nothing to fear from losing a game even though we have another undefeated team in our division
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #66
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Um... some Maners are, in fact, female, BCJ. Maners come in both genders... lol
Yes, and "very female" is the act of being a female in theory. You know, reaction by feelings instead of thought. I got one in my household so I talk from experience. Some females are not "very female" and use logic with their opinion.

See, I don't slam women kind at all.

Signed,
M.C.P.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #67
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

This is going to be a better Jag team on O thanks to their switch to Chad and getting Blackmon back. Unfortunately they have to deal with our O too.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #68
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

So here's some stats for you all.

Jacksonville is the second worst team in offensive yardage better only than the Yuccs (yes, it's time to start calling Tampa that again).

They are also the second worst team in points with an average of 10.2 per game. They are -7 in the turnover margin column. Only five other teams are have a greater minus in turnover margin: The Chargers, Texans, Jets, Steelers and the league worst Giants.

Interestingly side note: Even though the AFC is appearing to be the superior conference, only three NFC teams have negative turnover margins; Atlanta and Green Bay (-2) and the Giants (-13). If Houston, San Diego and both NY teams cut their turnovers way down, the face of the league would be totally different.

BTW Denver is +1 and KC is a league best +10.

On defense Jacksonville is better than us in yardage at 24th (We're second to last, by the way). But they are second worst in points allowed to our 26th.

Finally, to make matters worst, the Jags have one of the harder schedules in the league.

They're opponents, including us this Sunday, are 22-8. They also get to play teams like the 49ers, Chargers, Browns, Texans and Colts again.

When it rains, it pours.

Last edited by Kaylore; 10-09-2013 at 05:05 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #69
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Two rookie safeties and weak at the CB positions for the jags. Um, unless the Broncos go 8 turnovers they are steamrolling this team.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #70
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bucky Dilts

I dont think we lose to the Jags, but they could make a game of it if we are asleep at the wheel. A terrible Colts team nearly beat the 85 Bears. Face it, this is the Jags superbowl. There guys get paid too and have 'some' pride. Henne is at least average and they have a couple of threats on Offense.

Personally I hope we make a mockery of that team. They are a joke of an organization and deserve to be obliterated.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If Broncos go it without Woodyard and Harris most likely the do give up close to 30. Just how it is the defense stinks. Ayers banged up now as well. You can't take Doom, Miller, Bailey, Woodyard, Harris, Ayers off last yrs defense and expect them to play the same.

Broncos just need to win who cares if the media bags on the defense or says we cant win with this crappy defense. There is no reason at some point all those players aren't on the field together. Once Miller comes we have a 1-1 pass rusher that is so good offenses have to give help. That frees up Phillips and the other dlineman to get to qb. Woodyard has to play he gives us our speed down the middle of the field and sideline to sideline. No one on the defense can play that spot like he does. Then bailey and Harris together in the secondary with DRC could be a very nice trio come a few more weeks.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #72
CEH
Ring of Famer

5 0-5 teams have played a 5-0 and all 5 5-0 teams have covered

In 2007 NE had it's largest point spread against the Eagles some 24 point s and won by 3. They beat the 1-15 Dolphins twice by 21 points each time
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #73
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If Broncos go it without Woodyard and Harris most likely the do give up close to 30. Just how it is the defense stinks. Ayers banged up now as well. You can't take Doom, Miller, Bailey, Woodyard, Harris, Ayers off last yrs defense and expect them to play the same.

Broncos just need to win who cares if the media bags on the defense or says we cant win with this crappy defense. There is no reason at some point all those players aren't on the field together. Once Miller comes we have a 1-1 pass rusher that is so good offenses have to give help. That frees up Phillips and the other dlineman to get to qb. Woodyard has to play he gives us our speed down the middle of the field and sideline to sideline. No one on the defense can play that spot like he does. Then bailey and Harris together in the secondary with DRC could be a very nice trio come a few more weeks.

Right...

Against the Jaguars? Have you seen Jacksonville?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #74
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If Jacksonville throws up 30 or more there's big problems with the D. 2 players being out shouldn't bother the defense against a horrendous offense.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #75
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
If Jacksonville throws up 30 or more there's big problems with the D. 2 players being out shouldn't bother the defense against a horrendous offense.
I would agree but I think that is unlikely. Mercedes Lewis is banged up. And neither Henne or Gabbert is Tony Romo. Even if Woodyard is out, I think Chris Harris and Bailey are going to play. We'll be very deep at corner and that affords us an advantage even against Blackmon. Also this game is in Denver. It's just going to be difficult for them. We're still number one against the run which means Henne will have to beat us with his arm and keep pace with Manning. <----- Just writing this sentence seems incredibly ludicrous to me.