The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD
Default Congrats on a very rival year....

Payed-a-ton is at his best.

Our D is one of the most dangerous in the league and most Chiefs fans fear our QB.

How is this not what was, what both of us have always been, and how this year will be?

I think there's a huge probability that Den will host a playoff game vs. the Chiefs.

Of course, we'd have to win one first. No small feat (for us) but you have to love where we both are.

I don't want to predict or judge anything. I just love where we (both of us) are this early in and how this rivalry is finally back where it should be...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

HA! I would love to play kFc in the playoffs, easy pickings. Last time Peyton played kFc in the playoffs, the chefs didn't get a 1st down until almost the start of the 4th quarter and that was with Diaper boy having a career year.

With the smart changes Reid made you guys are setup to have a good year rebounding from a 2 win season but there is no down field threat, Charles hasn't had any big games or busted any big runs, your OL is suspect especially at both G and the center.

Reid and your new GM played it safe and built a team that could win some games but he didn't make any impact signings that could win playoff games down the road.

Bowe has been a non factor, Avery just runs drag routes and Smith pulls the ball down and runs with it as much as Tebow used to.

You have an above avg pass rush, but even they were not getting to the QB late in the Tenn game and they were playing a busted out QB. kFc cannot stop the run, Flowers gets burnt a lot.

Fox kind of had the same plan when he came in, he brought in what he could, Elway and Co had a very good draft and then they treated 2011 as an audition year. Thing is we got Manning and you guys picked up Steve Bono 3.0.

It will be fun to watch Manning dismantle kFc twice this year for sure, would love to see him do it three times.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's definitely reminiscent, isn't it Rausch? A cold game in Arrowhead in December that may decide the division.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Glad your team is playing better but then again there was no way but up, was there ?

I do not believe the Chiefs are any threat to any better than average football team unless the average team kicks the ball into the end zone ffor the Chiefs to fall on and spots them 7, then gives them two ints off deflections.

Unsustainable..........

Some here think your defense has something........I do not.

Your defense is better but no way they hold above average offenses down even close to enough for the pathetic offense to keep up.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It's definitely reminiscent, isn't it Rausch? A cold game in Arrowhead in December that may decide the division.
No fellatio smilie.

Shame...
Old 10-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Your defense is better but no way they hold above average offenses down even close to enough for the pathetic offense to keep up.
We already have.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Glad your team is playing better but then again there was no way but up, was there ?

I do not believe the Chiefs are any threat to any better than average football team unless the average team kicks the ball into the end zone ffor the Chiefs to fall on and spots them 7, then gives them two ints off deflections.

Unsustainable..........

Some here think your defense has something........I do not.

They don't get that late hit call the Titans with a back-up QB win that game.... Eventually the bounces don't go your way, and Smith ain't good enough to pull that team through, sorry...
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not as big of a believer of KC's defense as others. Not saying they aren't very good, but haven't really went up against a great offense yet.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
We already have.

Really, who you gonna name. Better not be the Cowboys or your delusional to think the Cowgirls will play like Sunday all year.......

Anyone with an ounce of common sense realizes that..........

Cowboys have one great game....thats your premise

You have one decent cover corner and he is banged up............

Something else you forget............spotted seven points last Sunday and a BS NOT out of bounds penalty led to seven more points........

Tenn with a backup has been QB gave you all you could handle even with a lot going your way...........

Be real.............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Cowboys have a good offense, but don't think many see them among the best in the NFL.

Know they shredded our defense, and so they certainly looked great. But doubt they get near that type of production if Denver is moderately healthy on defense.

Injuries a part of the game, but there aren't many teams that can be good defensively without 5 defensive starter... arguably the 4 best defensive players among those 5

Congrats on the improved team.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Reid and your new GM played it safe and built a team that could win some games but he didn't make any impact signings that could win playoff games down the road.
Marcus Cooper (22), Sean McGrath (25), Sean Smith (26) are all playing damn good football and Dorsey brought all of them in. And this of course is not counting Eric Fisher, who has the tools and talent, but is struggling to grasp the NFL early. I think he'll be fine in the future, as all of these tackles that were drafted are struggling.

Donnie Avery is on pace to have his best year ever, and last year he played with Andrew Luck.

To question John Dorsey right now makes you look like a complete and utter idiot. The man has done as good a job as any GM in the entire league this offseason and it's showing.
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Bronco Yoda

Mullets win a couple lucky games and they think they're champions of the world. bwawaahahaaa
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Marcus Cooper (22), Sean McGrath (25), Sean Smith (26) are all playing damn good football and Dorsey brought all of them in. And this of course is not counting Eric Fisher, who has the tools and talent, but is struggling to grasp the NFL early. I think he'll be fine in the future, as all of these tackles that were drafted are struggling.

Donnie Avery is on pace to have his best year ever, and last year he played with Andrew Luck.

To question John Dorsey right now makes you look like a complete and utter idiot. The man has done as good a job as any GM in the entire league this offseason and it's showing.
You just told me a struggling RT is an impact player that will win you playoff games. We have 3 elite tackles who have proved it on the field this year, sucks for us that we lost one but his replacement came in without struggling to grasp the NFL.

Smith has been beaten like a dirty victorian era carpet.

All the dudes you mentioned besides Fisher are on the D side of the ball. You have no one who can take it vertical. Saying Donnie Avery is having his best year is hysterical

I sort of gave your GM a complement because they did make moves that will win them games now, they just didn't build the team to win when it counts.

There is no one behind Charles to run the ball. Charles is more consistent this year but he is also less spectacular. He still gets to the edge but not much more. He has to be reminded by Reid to run hard inside.

I realize the QB they have cannot throw it down field like Manning can but even if they did he has no one who can get open down field to throw to. Everything is underneath to Avery on a drag or they run bunch formations to get the under guy free for YAC, stuff like that will win games vs backup QB's. I know you want to mention all the turnovers but you cannot count on those in the playoffs, just ask duh bears. Duh bears had teams that would take the ball away and out score their O but then vs better teams in the playoffs couldn't get those turnovers that were their bread and butter.

The best move Dorsey did was to hire Dave Toub.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Mullets win a couple lucky games and they think they're champions of the world. bwawaahahaaa
I bet this got them motivated to shoot some carb cleaner and replace their points on their Camero's to get them running again.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Really, who you gonna name. Better not be the Cowboys or your delusional to think the Cowgirls will play like Sunday all year.......

Anyone with an ounce of common sense realizes that..........

Cowboys have one great game....thats your premise

You have one decent cover corner and he is banged up............

Something else you forget............spotted seven points last Sunday and a BS NOT out of bounds penalty led to seven more points........

Tenn with a backup has been QB gave you all you could handle even with a lot going your way...........

Be real.............
We have held 2 teams (Cowboys/Eagles) to far below their average and they've scored above what we've held them to after.

Our defense is legit.

I won't argue the same for our very...undecided offense.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Cowboys have a good offense, but don't think many see them among the best in the NFL.

Know they shredded our defense, and so they certainly looked great.
Yeah.

Your defense is terrible...
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #17
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah.

We'll see. I have a lot more confidence in Denver's defense to turn it around, then I do in KC's offense doing so.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #18
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Going to **** stomp the Chiefs. It's going to be epic when the game gets flexed onto Sunday night. Hopefully we get 9-0 vs. 9-0, but I think KC might drop the @Buffalo game as a trap. KC's record is horrible there. Although KC's schedule has been pretty mild so far, December is far from easy.

SD
Denver
@ Washington (Skins might be in a dogfight to win the NFC east at 8-8_
@Oakland (Rivalry game in the hole and Pryor can ball a bit.)
Indy
@SD

Could easily see them going .500 during this stretch.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yes. I've already put the Crisco in the equipment room next to the old box of stick'em. Muhahaha
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Yeah.

Romo > Tiny handed game manager
Dez > Bowe
Witten > Whatever TE you guys pulled off of the trash heap
Dallas' o-line > KC's line.
Ryan Fitzpatsuck moved the ball pretty easily against your vaunted 85 Bears caliber defense in the second half. If my math is correct, you guys gave up 17 second half points to a mediocre Titans offense, without their starting QB.

Oh and there is that inconvenient fact that almost every KC fan refuses to acknowledge that returning a DPOY caliber 20 sack LB is probably going to make a bit of difference in what Denver does defensively. Completely changes what JDR can do schematically when Von's in the game.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #21
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Meh....The Chefs haven't really been tested yet. Check back in 3 weeks.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Meh....The Chefs haven't really been tested yet. Check back in 3 weeks.
Really check back after they play Denver. Not like the Raiders, Browns and Texans are setting the league on fire.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #23
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You just told me a struggling RT is an impact player that will win you playoff games. We have 3 elite tackles who have proved it on the field this year, sucks for us that we lost one but his replacement came in without struggling to grasp the NFL.

Smith has been beaten like a dirty victorian era carpet.

All the dudes you mentioned besides Fisher are on the D side of the ball. You have no one who can take it vertical. Saying Donnie Avery is having his best year is hysterical

I sort of gave your GM a complement because they did make moves that will win them games now, they just didn't build the team to win when it counts.

There is no one behind Charles to run the ball. Charles is more consistent this year but he is also less spectacular. He still gets to the edge but not much more. He has to be reminded by Reid to run hard inside.

I realize the QB they have cannot throw it down field like Manning can but even if they did he has no one who can get open down field to throw to. Everything is underneath to Avery on a drag or they run bunch formations to get the under guy free for YAC, stuff like that will win games vs backup QB's. I know you want to mention all the turnovers but you cannot count on those in the playoffs, just ask duh bears. Duh bears had teams that would take the ball away and out score their O but then vs better teams in the playoffs couldn't get those turnovers that were their bread and butter.

The best move Dorsey did was to hire Dave Toub.
With the way your pourous secondary looks, Alex could have no trouble throwing 300 on you if Romo is easily dropping 500.

Oh and Rahim Moore still sucks.
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #24
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
With the way your pourous secondary looks, Alex could have no trouble throwing 300 on you if Romo is easily dropping 500.

Alex Smith can't throw it down the field like Tony Romo. That's KC's major issue in a game with Denver.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #25
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:

Alex Smith is one of the worst qbs in the league at throwing the ball deep

That is our weakness, getting burned deep

Its one thing to know how to take advantage of that, its another to have the horses to do it

oh and most likely Von, Champ, and Harris will be back when the Broncos play the Chiefs

That changes a lot
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote