The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default Injuries

@MaseDenver: Fox: "No real updates" on the injury report, and "nothing serious," he said.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
"nothing serious," he said.
That is at least mildly reassuring.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
That is at least mildly reassuring.
haha mildly really is the best word for that
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think our guys will be fine. Harris probably concussion, should be back next week. Woodyard looks like he got kicked in the neck while he was down. Probably bruised but I think should return next week.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Woodyard looks like he got kicked in the neck while he was down. Probably bruised but I think should return next week.
It was interesting that during the game they said his return was "probable". Which almost always means the player will return. And then he didn't.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

This is extremely good news for us. Means Harris, Woodyard and Ayers will be good to go. We're getting Champ and Von back too. Our defense is going to transform when this happens.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
This is extremely good news for us. Means Harris, Woodyard and Ayers will be good to go. We're getting Champ and Von back too. Our defense is going to transform when this happens.
Von is next week not this week
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I actually think we could rest some guys next week against Jacksonville. I know Champ wants to come back but we have a bye after next game. That's another 2 weeks of rest for him.

But I suspect what will happen is these guys will all start (obviously not Miller) and once the blowout is in full progress many of these guys will hit the bench.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I actually think we could rest some guys next week against Jacksonville. I know Champ wants to come back but we have a bye after next game. That's another 2 weeks of rest for him.

But I suspect what will happen is these guys will all start (obviously not Miller) and once the blowout is in full progress many of these guys will hit the bench.
Our bye isnt till week 9. We play Jax, Indy, and Wash before the bye
Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
BroncoFanatic
Roaming Coloradan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
t-mobile girl

Quote:

3 more games to the bye week according the the schedule I have. But yes, rest Harris, Woodyard, and Ayers if they are not 100%. I'd even say play Champ, get him some time to warm up against a less threatening offense (being nice here).

We need those 3 guys at full health for the Indy game in 2 weeks
BroncoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Oh my bad. But yes, gimmie game next week. Rest the guy's that aren't 100% and by halftime rest everybody else...........lol
Old 10-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

If Harris, Ayers and Woodyard are all 100% goes and will be fine then I'd like to see Champ take another week off, even though if he too is close to 100% and at no real risk for reinjury of that same foot then having a tune up game against the Jaqs might be good before the Colts game at Indy with a real QB on the other side.

Nevertheless, if Harris and/or Woodyard is out I think Champ needs to play this week, assuming he is able to with minimal to no risk of re-injury and as long as he is basically at 95% + his normal capability.

WHile we should be able to beat Jacksonville blindfolded, this is the NFL and if we came in completely overconfident and ill focused .. well I wont say an upset is likely but it would be ridiculous to even let them make it a game.

On second thought, scratch that last paragraph. This version of the Jaqwads have as close to zero chance as you can get in this game.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
@MaseDenver: Fox: "No real updates" on the injury report, and "nothing serious," he said.
I think he said almost the same thing after the Seattle pre-season game ( except for Wolfe). Downplayed Champs ankle.
So when Fox says nothing serious, I guess it means HE feels fine.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Only winners get wings.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duke Ihenacho

Yeah, I'm not going to breathe a sigh of relief about this until I hear that Woodyard, Ayers, and Harris are practicing on Wednesday.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Chris Bianchi ‏@chrisdbianchi 1h
Just talked to Robert Ayers, said his shoulder stiffened up after he went back in. Left shoulder heavily wrapped. #Broncos

I did read on twitter last night that Harris had a mild concussion. Nothing new on WW.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #16
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
If Harris, Ayers and Woodyard are all 100% goes and will be fine then I'd like to see Champ take another week off, even though if he too is close to 100% and at no real risk for reinjury of that same foot then having a tune up game against the Jaqs might be good before the Colts game at Indy with a real QB on the other side.
I agree with the bolded part......and therefore would like to see Champ play this week vs. the option of letting him sit until Indy. Might need to knock the rust off before he is really needed vs. Luck.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #17
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Rest all the players cause this is a Preseason game?

BS! The Jaguars are an NFL team, and all it takes is a few funny bounces to have an avalanche start. We should NOT rest anyone until we are 40 points ahead and there is no way they have any shot of getting back in the game.

Remember, these other teams are PAID to play too. These are all professionals. And we saw what another Professional team did to the defense when we had our (pre-season) second string in yesterday. If the Broncos takes it EASY they will end up getting another embarrassment on D.
Not to mention that relaxing on the field leads to more injuries. Romo had a great day, and almost any NFL QB would have too. It was easy pickings against no pass rush and the depleted secondary we had.

Of course the Jaguars don't have Dallas's talent level, and we can game plan on how to adjust if some guys are out. But everyone that CAN play should.

I have no doubt that Peyton is not going to take it easy on their D. He will NOT let the O slow down or have a day of rest. Thankfully our best Defense is his fantastic offensive set.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
DenverBound
Perennial Pro-bowler

CotY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Rest all the players cause this is a Preseason game?

BS! The Jaguars are an NFL team, and all it takes is a few funny bounces to have an avalanche start. We should NOT rest anyone until we are 40 points ahead and there is no way they have any shot of getting back in the game.

Remember, these other teams are PAID to play too. These are all professionals. And we saw what another Professional team did to the defense when we had our (pre-season) second string in yesterday. If the Broncos takes it EASY they will end up getting another embarrassment on D.
Not to mention that relaxing on the field leads to more injuries. Romo had a great day, and almost any NFL QB would have too. It was easy pickings against no pass rush and the depleted secondary we had.

Of course the Jaguars don't have Dallas's talent level, and we can game plan on how to adjust if some guys are out. But everyone that CAN play should.

I have no doubt that Peyton is not going to take it easy on their D. He will NOT let the O slow down or have a day of rest. Thankfully our best Defense is his fantastic offensive set.
The voice of reason. Kudos.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Yeah, all this talk about resting starters and 28 point spreads is making me nervous. Not nervous in the sense of losing the game or anything, but in the sense that J'ville still has grown ass men who are elite athletes with pride on their team. Denver has been snakebitten by injuries and the more bulletin board stuff on the walls the more the Jags are going to come out physical and try to fight instead on just laying back and taking it. I want a disinterested paycheck collecting countdown to the end of the season J'ville team. Not a fired up hang around for a half and get our players dinged up Jags team.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Blackmon will probably have a very good game against us, even if the rest of the Jags offense is hopeless
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #21
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

I think there is a way to rest players without having them sit out the whole game and without risking a loss.

Just substitute in others more frequently and freely reducing the wear and tear. And if by some strange bounce of the ball (more like 5 strange bounces, but it can happen) we do end up in a dog fight you just slap in all the starters.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #22
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

I hope our defense doesn't have another record made by the opposing team, again... Seems like we do too many times (not this year, but recently).

I wanna hang 60 on them! Manning throws 8 TD's, no 3rd downs on each TD drive, etc.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
I think there is a way to rest players without having them sit out the whole game and without risking a loss.

Just substitute in others more frequently and freely reducing the wear and tear. And if by some strange bounce of the ball (more like 5 strange bounces, but it can happen) we do end up in a dog fight you just slap in all the starters.
No. You play as if we were playing KC and if you happen to curbstomp them by halftime, you rest guys.

This is insane talk.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #24
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
No. You play as if we were playing KC and if you happen to curbstomp them by halftime, you rest guys.

This is insane talk.
This. Hang 40 on them if you can and then rest players. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jags hang within 3 touches though. It's the ****ing NFL. Not Florida St. vs. South Georgia.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Yeah, all this talk about resting starters and 28 point spreads is making me nervous. Not nervous in the sense of losing the game or anything, but in the sense that J'ville still has grown ass men who suck at football. Denver has been snakebitten by injuries and the more bulletin board stuff on the walls the more the Jags are going to come out physical and try to fight instead on just laying back and taking it. I want a disinterested paycheck collecting countdown to the end of the season J'ville team. Not a fired up hang around for a half and get our players dinged up Jags team.
Fixed