The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Default Tony Romo

Was he that good, or was the defense that bad?

500+ passing yards. Was it a fluke? Denver was missing arguably their best 4 defenders (or at least 4 of the best 5 if you include DRC) for most of the game, so there is definitely hope for improvement.

On another note. Denver had 11 possessions and did not need to punt once. That is unreal. Even when they had devastating penalties after big plays, they just turned around and made up for it with another big play. This offense is unreal. Hopefully the defense Sunday was a fluke, and they will be healthy in the playoffs.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Was he that good, or was the defense that bad?

500+ passing yards. Was it a fluke? Denver was missing arguably their best 4 defenders (or at least 4 of the best 5 if you include DRC) for most of the game, so there is definitely hope for improvement.

On another note. Denver had 11 possessions and did not need to punt once. That is unreal. Even when they had devastating penalties after big plays, they just turned around and made up for it with another big play. This offense is unreal. Hopefully the defense Sunday was a fluke, and they will be healthy in the playoffs.
a little bit of both, he was on target most of the game. But we were minus von and champ to start and then harris, ayers and woodyard most the game....name me any other team that can take 5 hits like that and still win on the road.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Go watch the game and let us know how he did. He shredded our defense. It doesn't matter who is out there as some of those bombs were spot on the money. He scrambled like Elway and getting the first down on a few of those plays. He got his team 48 points. 500 yards is unheard of for NFL football but the guy had a career game.

I think you can figure this one out on your own.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

No Von, Champ for the entire game.
No Harris, Wood, Ayers for the entire second half when they scored 28.

Add in a lot of blown coverages and sloppy tackling and you get two long ball TDs in the 2nd half that this defense may not give up the entire rest of the season with those guys back.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Go watch the game and let us know how he did. He shredded our defense. It doesn't matter who is out there as some of those bombs were spot on the money. He scrambled like Elway and getting the first down on a few of those plays. He got his team 48 points. 500 yards is unheard of for NFL football but the guy had a career game.

I think you can figure this one out on your own.
Oh I know he was good, and made some great plays, but there were a lot of easy plays as well. When he did get sacked, its cause he held the ball for WAAAYYY too long, and rarely had any real pressure. His receivers made some nice plays as well.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
No Von, Champ for the entire game.
No Harris, Wood, Ayers for the entire second half when they scored 28.

Add in a lot of blown coverages and sloppy tackling and you get two long ball TDs in the 2nd half that this defense may not give up the entire rest of the season with those guys back.
You have to give Romo credit for taking advantage, but no other QB will likely have as easy of a defense to face against the Broncos this year.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I agree with a little of both. He had a career game. That can happen when there's not great pressure in your face. And after a handful of seconds went by, we still managed to allow him to scramble and get throws off. Say what you want about our coverage guys but it's not designed to hold for 8 and 9 seconds. Miller coming back will help big time but I'd still like to see us get better pressure all around. Our blitz never reached him once I believe. That was horribly designed. And then of course, yes, we had a ton of missing parts for all of the game and some other parts missing for half the game. Throw in a mix of sloppy tackling this game and there's your shoot out.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

The half of our defense that's injured/suspended is the important half. At least I hope.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Bronco Yoda

I have to give some kudos to a cowboy pal of mine. He said on my fb "it will be an epic shootout with both going well into the 40's. Romo will have the game of his life but throw it away at the end and will lose despite having better stats. Denver's D is not very good and Romo chokes!"

pretty much nailed it.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote