The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #51
socalorado
Ring of Famer

I agree with the Tony Romo-Jake Plummer comparisons and have used it here many times. Romo really is Jake with a slightly better arm.
Romo's INT was worse because of when it was thrown, and where his team was on the field. You just cant do what he did. Take the sack, throw it away, whatever, but you dont give Peyton half the field with 2 minutes to go in a tie game.

Another factor that plays into this is the team Romo plays on.
How many owners of NFL teams had a presser right after their game yesterday?
How many wives of QBs on other teams were shown by cameramen reacting to every other play in the stands yesterday?
The Cowboys are the Kardashians of the NFL. Its pathetic.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #52
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I agree with the Tony Romo-Jake Plummer comparisons and have used it here many times. Romo really is Jake with a slightly better arm.
Romo's INT was worse because of when it was thrown, and where his team was on the field. You just cant do what he did. Take the sack, throw it away, whatever, but you dont give Peyton half the field with 2 minutes to go in a tie game.

How many wives of QBs on other teams were shown by cameramen reacting to every other play in the stands yesterday?
^This!
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #53
stopgap
Chicken

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Agreed. What can one do though? Apparently they are America's team. I don't remember registering for that. Don't question the NFL though.
stopgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #54
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
any qb who throws for 500+ yards and 5 TD's, yet still loses, cannot be blamed. late pick or not, the fact that he scored 48 pts and needed to come from behind to win is ridiculous. (same with our team, for that matter). if peyton didnt come back to win he wouldnt take ANY blame after his game, and his stats were not as good as romos.
I absolutely detest the Cowboys but I've never had a problem with Romo. He's had a good year and yesterday was remarkable. But I have to admit, I, along with I'm sure many other Bronco fans was sitting there thinking, why can't Romo be Romo.....and he was. Thank you!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #55
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's BS. It was a great play by Trev but it still wasn't a great pass. If the coverage is tight enough to where a defender can intercept the pass, either by cutting in front of the guy or diving for it, none the less that coverage was tight enough to where it's a risky pass. But I will say Romo wasn't the reason they lost the game. Their D gave up 50+ points. You can't look at your QB who threw for 500+ yards and 5 TD's with only 1 pick and say he was the reason we lost the game. The game is 60 minutes long. It all counts, not just the last 2 minutes.
Um... I didn't say it was a "great pass" -- I said it was placed where the TE could have had a chance at catching it had Trevathan not been quite so quick with his dive for the ball. The point was that -- IMHO -- the INT was more due to a very good defensive play than a boneheaded throw by the QB. Sure, there was room for better decision-making and a better throw by Romo. That's by no means an easy INT for the defense, however. Trevathan deserves a lot of credit for making it happen. The outcome of the game was determined by that single play.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #56
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:

I don't think that the throw or decision were bad so much as it was an epic play by Trevathan.

Watching it again in slow motion, it would have been a perfect pass against probably 95% of the LBs in the league.

The rest of your post I agree with wholeheartedly.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #57
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's BS. It was a great play by Trev but it still wasn't a great pass. If the coverage is tight enough to where a defender can intercept the pass, either by cutting in front of the guy or diving for it, none the less that coverage was tight enough to where it's a risky pass. But I will say Romo wasn't the reason they lost the game. Their D gave up 50+ points. You can't look at your QB who threw for 500+ yards and 5 TD's with only 1 pick and say he was the reason we lost the game. The game is 60 minutes long. It all counts, not just the last 2 minutes.

Where should he have thrown it? That's a perfect pass against a vast majority of LBs in the league. He leads his receiver any more and Duke destroys him.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #58
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Um... I didn't say it was a "great pass" -- I said it was placed where the TE could have had a chance at catching it had Trevathan not been quite so quick with his dive for the ball. The point was that -- IMHO -- the INT was more due to a very good defensive play than a boneheaded throw by the QB. Sure, there was room for better decision-making and a better throw by Romo. That's by no means an easy INT for the defense, however. Trevathan deserves a lot of credit for making it happen. The outcome of the game was determined by that single play.
Absolutely CORRECT. When Romo released Trev was still turned AWAY from the receiver. He made a spectacular play to turn and dive that fast. It would have been a good play just to knock it down. to also intercept it was the Best.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #59
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

He always ****s up when it matters lol
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #60
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Romo played his ass off, so what we didn't have Von, Champ, Harris and Woodyard playing.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #61
extralife
Ring of Famer

tony romo has always been good. I've said that forever. if he didn't play for a team like Dallas, which is inundated in media coverage and tends to think it should win the super bowl every year no matter who suits up, we would be singing the praises of an undrafted QB who does what he does.

and do you know what he led the NFL in last year?

fourth quarter comebacks.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #62
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:

Check down to the RB. Take the yards and play 3rd down.

Also, they are the team that gave him a huge extension.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote