The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Tony Romo respect

Now that some time has passed and my a-hole has de-clenched, I'd like to say that I've never had much respect for Tony Romo, but he played a HELL of a game yesterday. I have not seen many QBs be as accurate, not to mention precise, as he was yesterday. I'll no longer be calling him Tony Homo.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

But, in true Romo fashion, INT at a crucial moment of the game.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Yeah, that was pretty ill-timed. But Trevathan made a HELL of a play on that ball:

Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Well, yeah...but it's not entirely fair that he gets the lion's share of the blame here versus the defense.

If we lose that game, our defense is blamed.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Romo was ****ing awesome yesterday. He was houdini in the pocket and was hitting guys with pinpoint accuracy all day long. People hate on Tony Carter without mentioning that Romo threw an absolute perfect ball.

Aside from the pick, he played as close to perfect as you'll see a QB play.

And he still lost.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

So many of those passes were just perfect. The defense had it's holes....but some of those huge plays were simply perfect passes, it's hard to defend the perfect pass. A few of the shorter ones were miraculous as well, running and falling away from defenders and right on the money to moving targets.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
hades

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Yeah, that was pretty ill-timed. But Trevathan made a HELL of a play on that ball:

While true, I don't care! L O L
Romo threw an INT is all I care about!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:

Wow. I was impressed with the play when I saw it - cut under, dive and catch is awesome - but check out Trevathan taking a step or 2 to the other side when the TE makes his cut and then he recovers and makes the play.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
Bronco Yoda

Not sure why people always hate on Romo. You'd think people who watch enough football would know better by now.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

any qb who throws for 500+ yards and 5 TD's, yet still loses, cannot be blamed. late pick or not, the fact that he scored 48 pts and needed to come from behind to win is ridiculous. (same with our team, for that matter). if peyton didnt come back to win he wouldnt take ANY blame after his game, and his stats were not as good as romos.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I can't stand Dallas. Why couldn't Romo play this way against kc? Where was Dez Bryant then? Where was Witten? They are such an inconsistent team. They should be running away from the pack in the NFCE yet they just refuse to play consistently good football. They have an epic game agains the Broncos for absolutely no apparent reason other than they want to prove to everyone that they are better than the Broncos. All they have to do is have this attitude every single game and they'd be a force to be reckoned with.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

He played as good as it gets.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A friend of mine is a Cowboy fan. He is sick of Romo and has for a few years now and doesn't see them ever going far with him at QB. He says he can look great for stretches of games, but makes the critical mistake in big games too often and right on cue, does it again yesterday. When one looks at his career, bad things seem to happen to him when all eyes are on him. He reminds me of Danny White, another Dallas QB who put up really good numbers, but never could get his team to the Super Bowl.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
hades

Living here in the DFW area, I HATE the Cowboys! I'm glad he tossed a pick to end their drive/chance to go ahead. Romo is consistent in his brain farts to cost him a chance to either win, or give his FG kicker a chance to win.

Prior to that, sure, he did great, but all it takes is one bad throw as we saw!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #15
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Romo completely reminds me of Plummer, both the good and the bad. Romo, I think, is a little more talented (or at least gives a crap in practice to account for the difference) and has much better weapons around him. Can play lights out or throw 4 picks. Plays great only to have a bone head late game mishap (though Jake's got the edge here).
Old 10-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Romo completely reminds me of Plummer, both the good and the bad. Romo, I think, is a little more talented (or at least gives a crap in practice to account for the difference) and has much better weapons around him. Can play lights out or throw 4 picks. Plays great only to have a bone head late game mishap (though Jake's got the edge here).
A rich man's version but definitely. Perfect analogy.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Living here in the DFW area, I HATE the Cowboys! I'm glad he tossed a pick to end their drive/chance to go ahead. Romo is consistent in his brain farts to cost him a chance to either win, or give his FG kicker a chance to win.

Prior to that, sure, he did great, but all it takes is one bad throw as we saw!
Not a great throw, but a hell of a play by big Danny T. If he drops that pick, i doubt anyone holds it against him.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
yes.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Not a great throw, but a hell of a play by big Danny T. If he drops that pick, i doubt anyone holds it against him.
Looking at the gif today, it's not a bad read/throw by Romo at all. The TE catches Trevathan leaning/stepping the wrong way at the top of his break, most of the time that is a safe throw to make. He throws it low too. It is just a fantastic play by The Trevenator (yeah, that's awful, he does need a nickname though).
Old 10-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
hades

Romo shoulda tossed it to the back, he was not covered, but fewer yards. Looked like he had made his mind up before scanning the field better. Kinda locked in to him, he does that at times.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Quote:

If Romo hits Murray instead, he goes for some decent yardage. Trevathan makes a great play, but Romo made a terrible decision.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #22
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Romo shoulda tossed it to the back, he was not covered, but fewer yards. Looked like he had made his mind up before scanning the field better. Kinda locked in to him, he does that at times.
This is where I blame Romo for that int. 2nd and 16, dump it to Murray and pick it up 8-10 yards. Then you have a 3rd 6-8. Instead, he steps up and throws that ball awkwardly to the TE with no zip. Just stupid decision making right there and careless with the ball.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #23
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

NICE GOING HOMO....5 td's, 500 yards, holding allowed,non existent coverage on virtually every play and you still find a away to blow it

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Now that some time has passed and my a-hole has de-clenched, I'd like to say that I've never had much respect for Tony Romo, but he played a HELL of a game yesterday. I have not seen many QBs be as accurate, not to mention precise, as he was yesterday. I'll no longer be calling him Tony Homo.
You have respect for a guy who had 8 hrs to throw and WR and TE's open by 10 yds or more most of the day. He feasted on a bad D yesterday. Most QB's could have put up those numbers in that situation.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #25
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
You're comparing him to THE Jake Plummer who holds the Broncos record for most consecutive passes without an interception? I agree Romo has better weapons around him. Jake did more with less.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote