The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Best. Game. Ever.

Disclaimer: Regular season.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

For offenses at least it was.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

i admit, i would have paid $500 a seat to see it live...the pace was exhausting but truly as captivating as a midget street riot.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

I would take the 1997 playoff game against the chiefs over this game any day.

1987 Bears/Broncos
1995 Oakland @ Denver

Pinball scoring does not impress me. Denver's defense was so bad it was not fun to watch. No way those guys should be that open that far downfield.

However, I find this very impressive.

Last edited by Guess Who; 10-07-2013 at 06:14 AM..
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #5
Meck77

I hope the omaners went who were concerned with high ticket prices and didn't want to sit in the upper level for $140 bucks went?

Going to a game is so much more expensive and involved vs sitting your on your ass on the couch. It's so much more painful during a loss yet so much more rewarding when you are there for the big win! Just my opinion. Some will surely disagree and start pulling the fan police stuff. That's ok. Props to the Bronco fans who made this game! One for the books!

Oh I will say this. Jerry spent a ****ing billion dollars on that stadium and couldn't figure out a way to get rid of the damn sun glare that the old stadium had? It was painful on TV. Not sure what it was like to be there.

Last edited by Meck77; 10-07-2013 at 06:41 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

The glare was terrible to see in-person. Did someone not get the whole "East-West" sun thing when they were building it? You could see it impacting both teams and it looked as though Denver dealt with it by throwing quick, short routes until they could move back into the shadows. Par for the course for a Jerry Jones project, though.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #7
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I hope the omaners went who were concerned with high ticket prices and didn't want to sit in the upper level for $140 bucks went?

Going to a game is so much expensive and involved vs sitting your ass on the couch. It's so much more painful during a loss yet so much more rewarding when you are there for the big win! Just my opinion. Some will surely disagree and start pulling the fan police stuff. That's ok. Props to the Bronco fans who made this game! One for the books!

Oh I will say this. Jerry spent a ****ing billion dollars on that stadium and couldn't figure out a way to get rid of the damn sun glare that the old stadium had? It was painful on TV. Not sure what it was like to be there.
Yeah, that sun glare put Peyton's first pick on the board.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
The glare was terrible to see in-person. Did someone not get the whole "East-West" sun thing when they were building it? You could see it impacting both teams and it looked as though Denver dealt with it by throwing quick, short routes until they could move back into the shadows. Par for the course for a Jerry Jones project, though.
Yeah, what idiot decided to build it that way Turn it the other way to keep the sun out, what a concept!

Horrible design in some aspects. Remember the ice that fell off during the SB, nearly killing some people...
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #9
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Yeah, it also made it not great to watch on tv as well.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

some simple louvres would correct this issue...less than $1M to fix.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #11
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
some simple louvres would correct this issue...less than $1M to fix.
Tarps starting at $29.99
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #12
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Does Jerry's world have a roof? "That glare was turrible!" said Charles Barkley
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #13
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

The bigger head scratcher is why the roof was closed. Yesterday was probably the nicest day we have had since May. If they don't open it for that weather then I have no idea why it opens period.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Jerriapolis does have a roof. It clearly did not help. $1 billion dollar stadium and the concept of tinted glass must have escaped some people.

As for the game, the "our defense sucks" crowd needs to simmer down. It's a shoot out. It was all about the offenses yesterday. Take a breath and engage in a calm enhancing activity.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #15
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
The bigger head scratcher is why the roof was closed. Yesterday was probably the nicest day we have had since May. If they don't open it for that weather then I have no idea why it opens period.
Yesterday was the 2nd time this season where the weather was ideal for having the roof open, the first being the Rams game a couple weeks back. And yet, the Cowboys would rather run up their light bill instead of letting a fresh breeze and sunlight into the building. I don't get it either.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #16
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

It was an epic regular season game. One that will be talked about for some time. We always seem to have big epic games against the Pokes. After three weeks we'll be done with our total opposite division.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

ITT (after one of the most exciting games ever): we discuss the Cowboy's stadium
Old 10-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #18
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post

As for the game, the "our defense sucks" crowd needs to simmer down. It's a shoot out. It was all about the offenses yesterday. Take a breath and engage in a calm enhancing activity.

Injuries (and suspensions) played a big part in our D's suckiness. I am willing to overlook their performance this week.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #19
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
ITT (after one of the most exciting games ever): we discuss the Cowboy's stadium
So I'm assuming you went? There was a lot of Orange in the stands. So much that Manning and Fox mentioned it. I remember it that way during the Thanksgiving game in 2005 too.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #20
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Injuries (and suspensions) played a big part in our D's suckiness. I am willing to overlook their performance this week.
I'd say overlook is the wrong word, but I agree that the injuries and Von are a big part on why we gave up 48 points yesterday. Beyond that, there are some issues to work on (not that we can't win games with a 10-15 defense)
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #21
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Yesterday was the 2nd time this season where the weather was ideal for having the roof open, the first being the Rams game a couple weeks back. And yet, the Cowboys would rather run up their light bill instead of letting a fresh breeze and sunlight into the building. I don't get it either.
They're Texans. They fear sunlight and fresh breezes.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Jerriapolis does have a roof. It clearly did not help. $1 billion dollar stadium and the concept of tinted glass must have escaped some people.

oh for **** sake END ZONES SHOULD BE AT THE NORTH AND SOUTH DUE TO THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are going to have windows to let sunlight through make sure you put the endzones in the right place.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #23
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

I would say they kept it closed to make it louder in there. Just a thought
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #24
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So I'm assuming you went? There was a lot of Orange in the stands. So much that Manning and Fox mentioned it. I remember it that way during the Thanksgiving game in 2005 too.
There were plenty at the 2005 game. They are easier to ID now that most Broncos fans wear orange.

It was an epic finish at that game also. A huge group of us Broncos fans were right behind the bench!

It did sound louder than any TV game I can remember. They talk about MH being real loud but I was at the game where we supposedly set the World record. They measured us at half time and many people were talking a piss or grabbing a hot dog. It seemed deafening on TV and maybe they did keep it shut for that reason.

Had friends at the last game in mile high who got in trouble for making too much noise. We can't have a real home field advantage if the yellow coats are policing fan enthusiasm.

Last edited by Meck77; 10-07-2013 at 08:24 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #25
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Holy **** that was a crazy game. I stepped into the gameday thread during the first quarter to see what was up, and left that $hit storm immediately. I proceeded to make my fingertips bloody after all the nail biting.

What was up with the defensive play calling? Romo's receivers weren't even contended most of the time.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote