The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
AND Bob

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default How has no one started a thread about Woodyard and Harris?

Were they concussions? They barely mentioned it during the broadcast.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,995

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Worst broadcasting ever. Harris looked like a concussion. Couldn't tell a thing with Woodyard.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
FISH
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 410

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Woodyard was neck shoulder and Harris was concussed according to Fox
FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Harris is a concussion and Woodyard is a separated shoulder I believe.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,099

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Worst broadcasting ever. Harris looked like a concussion. Couldn't tell a thing with Woodyard.
They were particularly awful today.

Harris is a concussion.
Woodyard is a shoulder injury.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
AND Bob

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

That really sucks about Woodyard. I hope it isn't severe. I guess we'll be OK for a week, but still.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Can't take many more injuries to OL/LB. Good lord.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That really sucks about Woodyard. I hope it isn't severe. I guess we'll be OK for a week, but still.
Nice to have the Jags to prep for... Rest some guys up
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,212

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Nice to have the Jags to prep for... Rest some guys up
Yeah, it is nice to have 2 bye weeks.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,881
Default

IIRC woodyard was probable to re enter at one point. Im sure Harris will be fine with a little time off. I know concussions can be devastating once in a while and cause real issues but thats pretty rare unless they keep occuring.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,760

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #12
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,986

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

I'm pretty sure Harris was a concussion, but I don't know about Woody. I saw him on the sideline still in his uniform though.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
IIRC woodyard was probable to re enter at one point. Im sure Harris will be fine with a little time off. I know concussions can be devastating once in a while and cause real issues but thats pretty rare unless they keep occuring.
not to mention what with the NFL getting sued over concussions, they probably didn't want to risk it and kept him out of the game for precautionary reasons......so perhaps (hopefully) he might not have have gotten his bell rung as loudly as originally thought?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Yeah, it is nice to have 2 bye weeks.
Keep seeing this. Our bye week isn't till november
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,760

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"As of 7:30 p.m. MT, there have been no updates from the team or any media outlets on the severity of the injures sustained by Woodyard, Ayers, and Harris. In an ideal world, we would be optimistic to see all three players return in time for the team's Week 7 match up in Indianapolis against the Colts, if not next week against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

On a different injury note, the Denver Post seems optimistic that Bailey could have played today. According to the Post's Mike Klis, Bailey didn't play today because the game was on turf—the same type of surface that Bailey injured his ankle on in Seattle during the preseason.

There's no reason the team would want to rush Bailey back into playing on a turf field in his return to action, but Klis says "there's a good chance" he'll be back next week when the team hosts Jacksonville"


http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...ris-injured-in
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #16
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer
 
ShiftyEyedWaterboy's Avatar
 
Mr. Hockey

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Littleton
Posts: 1,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"As of 7:30 p.m. MT, there have been no updates from the team or any media outlets on the severity of the injures sustained by Woodyard, Ayers, and Harris. In an ideal world, we would be optimistic to see all three players return in time for the team's Week 7 match up in Indianapolis against the Colts, if not next week against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

On a different injury note, the Denver Post seems optimistic that Bailey could have played today. According to the Post's Mike Klis, Bailey didn't play today because the game was on turf—the same type of surface that Bailey injured his ankle on in Seattle during the preseason.

There's no reason the team would want to rush Bailey back into playing on a turf field in his return to action, but Klis says "there's a good chance" he'll be back next week when the team hosts Jacksonville"


http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...ris-injured-in
Sweet news. Get the guy warmed up for Indy. That will be a huge game
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,881
Default

So Ayers got hurt twice? I distinctly remember him coming out and then going right back in and getting a sack.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
AND Bob

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Fox will probably not say anything until Wednesday.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
So Ayers got hurt twice? I distinctly remember him coming out and then going right back in and getting a sack.
He hurt his shoulder, maybe it's one of those things that hurts worse hours later
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,866
Default

Really hoping to see more details here. Particularly with Harris. He is highly underrated and his departure exaserbated an already bad day that was in the works. I have no doubt that if he stays in, they game isnt a nail-biter. We probably still give up 35pts though
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #21
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories
 
DenverBound's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat!

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,025
Default

Chris Harris' wife on Twitter posted "Very minor concussion"
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Really hoping to see more details here. Particularly with Harris. He is highly underrated and his departure exaserbated an already bad day that was in the works. I have no doubt that if he stays in, they game isnt a nail-biter. We probably still give up 35pts though
We won't know till at least Wed


Woodyard worries me most followed by ayers at this point. We are really thin at DE. I never wanna see Adrian Robinson as a rush end ever again. In fact id rather not see him at defense period ever again
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #23
randerson1184
Camp Arm
 
randerson1184's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster
Default

Yeah, we need our D healthy for Indy. Luck & Co. made Seattle look sub-par today.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories
 
DenverBound's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat!

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,025
Default

http:/ https://twitter.com/1023ESPN/status/386986390535147520
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #25
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 8,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
Chris Harris' wife on Twitter posted "Very minor concussion"
Sounds promising. Yesterday's NFL he could've gone back in. Today's NFL you're sitting out the rest of the game.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Denver Broncos