The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #101
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Why would JDR want to coach and Cheater U West? (Not to be confused with Cheater U East...aka Miami). These two school...if they are not on sanctions, they are about to be on sanctions.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #102
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Unfortunately, waiting till February IS the end of the world, as signing day is in early February. It would be suicide for a program not to have a coach actively working until that point. In fact, it is usually difficult to have a good class if you have a coach hired in December, much less February.
SoCal is correct. SC has seen a ton of top recruits for them mention that SC is a joke. They have a guy that is pure SC in Olgeron but is he a name a 17 year old knows he bleeds SC blood? You got to get the recruits in motion by November. SC gets a total of 75 scholarships for 2014 and not sure if they had any left over from 2013 (SC gets 15 per year plus any left over from the previous season if they didn't us all 15). They need to get the best possible from that small number allowed.

I am a SC fan so part of me would love him to come on home but I know right now the Broncos have a huge chance to win the Super Bowl now. Stick around Del Rio and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #103
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Why would JDR want to coach and Cheater U West? (Not to be confused with Cheater U East...aka Miami). These two school...if they are not on sanctions, they are about to be on sanctions.
SC is still on "sanctions" so why would there be anymore? Please share your information with us and tell us anything the NCAA has missed and will be coming down on SC. Your hate is flowing but common sense has stopped in your skull. Reggie Bush ****ed us and there wasn't anyone else named in that scandal.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #104
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I am a SC fan so part of me would love him to come on home
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #105
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
SC is still on "sanctions" so why would there be anymore? Please share your information with us and tell us anything the NCAA has missed and will be coming down on SC. Your hate is flowing but common sense has stopped in your skull. Reggie Bush ****ed us and there wasn't anyone else named in that scandal.
Oh I am sure something will pop-up as soon as they are off sanctions. They get caught cheating, like Miami, once a decade. It's as sure as the sun will set today...you can set your watch to it.

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 09-30-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Old 09-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #106
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Oh I am sure something will pop-up as soon as they are off sanctions. They get caught cheating, like Miami, once a decade. It's as sure as the sun will set today...you can set your watch to it.
So you have nothing and you are talking out of your ass. Got it.

BTW, tell us all about the probation they were on a decade ago before Bush.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #107
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Del Rio was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball team out of high school in 1981, but he opted instead to attend college. He enrolled at the University of Southern California, where he played both baseball and football for the USC Trojans. In football he was an All-American linebacker and was voted Most Valuable Player of the 1985 Rose Bowl. During his senior year he earned consensus All-America honors as a senior and was runner-up for the Lombardi Award. In baseball he batted .340 while playing catcher on a team that also included future Major League Baseball players Mark McGwire and Randy Johnson.
Del Rio's roommate at USC was former ESPN football analyst and former NFL and CFL quarterback Sean Salisbury.
Underscoring the UCLA–USC rivalry, on December 12, 2006 Del Rio appeared at a press conference wearing a UCLA basketball jersey after losing a bet with current Jaguars and ex-UCLA running back Maurice Jones-Drew.[6] UCLA's football team had recorded one of the biggest upsets in school history by defeating USC the previous week. However, after acknowledging his loss in the bet, he removed the UCLA jersey, revealing a USC polo shirt underneath.

One of the few times Bruins have beat the Trojans in 12 seasons.
Back off baby Bruin. He is ours.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #108
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
So you have nothing and you are talking out of your ass. Got it.

BTW, tell us all about the probation they were on a decade ago before Bush.

I believe from 1996 to 1998 USC violated NCAA rules. The probation occurred from 2000 to 2001.

So the only time over the past six decades USC was not put on probation was in the 60s. However they were caught cheating from 52-56, 57-58, and 71-79

The USC program is one of systemic cheating to the point that you got to have a lot of nerve to support their football program...but don't take that personal. I am sure you're an upstanding young man.

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 09-30-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #109
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Well I just heard from somebody, who I would say is connected to some degree, that Jack Del Rio was at LAX (Los Angeles's airport for those who don't know) this morning. The guy I know is usually pretty dead on with these type of things.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #110
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Way more money than being a defensive coordinator in the NFL, and if he is successful, he'd get way more clout, and probably a bigger pay check when ever he ends up back in the NFL.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #111
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #112
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Interesting. I saw some reports on various sites saying that he was at LAX. Maybe just rumors then.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #113
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Way more money than being a defensive coordinator in the NFL, and if he is successful, he'd get way more clout, and probably a bigger pay check when ever he ends up back in the NFL.
The USC job is not a clout making job...it's a leave in disgrace job. It would be more money...but JDR has already demonstrated that when in charge, he's not up to the task. See Jacksonville.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #114
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
The USC job is not a clout making job...it's a leave in disgrace job. It would be more money...but JDR has already demonstrated that when in charge, he's not up to the task. See Jacksonville.
The USC job did wonders for Pete Carroll. That guy would be a footnote right about now without USC.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #115
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
The USC job did wonders for Pete Carroll. That guy would be a footnote right about now without USC.
Pete Carroll was a two time NFL coach before he went to USC...which he left the program...in disgrace. They have no BCS National Championship....it was taken from them....for cheating.

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 09-30-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #116
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I could see USC flying here to interview JDR
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #117
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm sure I hate this pic about the same as he does.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #118
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Del Rio was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball team out of high school in 1981, but he opted instead to attend college. He enrolled at the University of Southern California, where he played both baseball and football for the USC Trojans. In football he was an All-American linebacker and was voted Most Valuable Player of the 1985 Rose Bowl. During his senior year he earned consensus All-America honors as a senior and was runner-up for the Lombardi Award. In baseball he batted .340 while playing catcher on a team that also included future Major League Baseball players Mark McGwire and Randy Johnson.
Del Rio's roommate at USC was former ESPN football analyst and former NFL and CFL quarterback Sean Salisbury.
Underscoring the UCLA–USC rivalry, on December 12, 2006 Del Rio appeared at a press conference wearing a UCLA basketball jersey after losing a bet with current Jaguars and ex-UCLA running back Maurice Jones-Drew.[6] UCLA's football team had recorded one of the biggest upsets in school history by defeating USC the previous week. However, after acknowledging his loss in the bet, he removed the UCLA jersey, revealing a USC polo shirt underneath.

One of the few times Bruins have beat the Trojans in 12 seasons.
Back off baby Bruin. He is ours.
U$C's reign is over. Kiffin killed the program, let the era of decline begin.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #119
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I'm sure I hate this pic about the same as he does.
U$C is trying to copy Ucla by hiring an nfl defensive coordinator. Can't blame them since Ucla is poised to win their third straight division title.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #120
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
As a UCLA alumnus, I wish that were true. The program is down right now, but all it takes is the right coach to get that back to the top. That's always the case with USC. Pete Carroll was the right guy when they really needed it. Lane Kiffin wasn't.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #121
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
With $$$ and history Alums on their side no way. We aren't talking CU type program here if we were I'd agree with you.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 09-30-2013 at 02:18 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #122
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Pete Carroll was a two time NFL coach before he went to USC...which he left the program...in disgrace. They have no BCS National Championship....it was taken from them....for cheating.
i love how you think this cheating is limited to USC and Miami. Its cute.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #123
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
J'Ville's problems have more to do with ownership and location.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #124
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
i love how you think this cheating is limited to USC and Miami. Its cute.
I think it's cute that you think I implied that. I never said that. I didn't imply that. If fact you'd have to really be looking for an argument to argue that I did. Even my own school was caught cheating in the 80's. The difference between my school and the two we're talking about is the cheating is consistent over time. If an organism does something consistent over time...we'd call that? That's right SonOf...we'd call it behavior. It's the USCMIAMI behavior to cheat.

Now the whole reason this was brought up is in relation to JDR considering the job and my point...I'm the poster on this message board typing to you right now...contends that this would be something I would consider before associating my name with the USC Football program.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #125
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
J'Ville's problems have more to do with ownership and location.
The reports are...for better or for worse...that he got lazy...stopped trying and so on. The problems at USC and Jax aren't all that different from a 10,000 foot view.