The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #51
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hehe.
Not at all Req. Please shut it down whenever you feel like. Shut it down for 2 years and try to force Progressive spending. The Progressives would then get voted out by the people in order to form a military for self defense (which is one of the only functions we need the federal government for).

Close the doors, and throw away the key if you want. Would be GREAT for this country to run a balanced budget.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #52
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Make my day.

Go ahead, shut down the government. Great way to reduce the deficit, and great way to reduce the liability of future generations. Shut it down for the whole year if you want (or longer). Time to start paying down some of that debt. The American people DO NOT NEED the US government.

The House holds the purse strings, and all their asking for is a delay in forcing all Americans to purchase insurance (the entire law is a train wreck right now anyway). So no, the Democrats do not hold all the cards. The US government was specifically designed to provide checks and balances, while limiting the power of the federal government. That's exactly what is happening here.
Those are your sentiments.

You are in the vast, vast minority on this, and every poll says so.

Good luck.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #53
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ok..so here is what's going to happen...

1. The govt will shutdown.
2. The market will take a hit.
3. Public approval for both sides will take a hit....and the GOP will take the bigger hit.
4. After about a week of market instability and constituents calling in about lack of services and the military griping to the GOP about not getting paid, a deal will be struck that basically doesn't change the dynamic at all except that the debt limit will not be raised (currently we have till December) so as to give the House Republicans something to go back to their districts with.
5. Boehner will lose the speakership to Cantor in some postmortem bloodletting which will actually make the situation much worse going forward to the December talks.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #54
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Ok..so here is what's going to happen...

1. The govt will shutdown.
2. The market will take a hit.
3. Public approval for both sides will take a hit....and the GOP will take the bigger hit.
4. After about a week of market instability and constituents calling in about lack of services and the military griping to the GOP about not getting paid, a deal will be struck that basically doesn't change the dynamic at all except that the debt limit will not be raised (currently we have till December) so as to give the House Republicans something to go back to their districts with.
5. Boehner will lose the speakership to Cantor in some postmortem bloodletting which will actually make the situation much worse going forward to the December talks.
House already passed a clean cr on military pay. If they don't get paid it'll be because Democrats enjoy holding that particular hostage.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #55
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
House already passed a clean cr on military pay. If they don't get paid it'll be because Democrats enjoy holding that particular hostage.
trying to have it both ways. considering that rethugs were not going to include military pay as part of it I should consider what rethugs are doing a not really bad treasonist extortion. still extortion,but because they make sure military gets paid the extortion isn't so bad. rethugs will get blamed for a shut down and rightfully so.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #56
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

even other rethugs are acknowledging it's their own party forcing a shut down.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...acare-strategy
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #57
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

A government that allows for a minority group of radicals to bring it to its knees on a whim is a failed government.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #58
Meck77

Yeah let's get control of our spending. Radical!!!!!!!!!!!

It is broken Ro. Exactly the reason it should be shut down and rebuilt from the ground up.

I see the comment of "you are out of touch" being thrown out a lot.

The representative you guys think are representing you are mega multi millionaires both democrat and republicans getting big fat pay checks and pensions!

Their concern is their own personal interests and deals while they fool the simple minded into thinking there is some "big conflict" between the parties.

I've seen it first hand at the Colorado Capital. On TV they jaw with one another, put on big public debates that are knock down drag out battles. At noon you'll see these "sworn" enemies at the capital grill on Colfax yucking it up together talking about what a "display" they put on. I know. I've heard it first hand and followed these chumps from the capital after hearings to the bar to have a listen. It's disgusting. This is just Colorado. DC is 10X worse!

Oh and make no mistake. The representatives at the State level have mega millions also. Hickenlooper is so out of touch it's unbelievable. He cashed in his restaurant empire for MASSIVE I mean massive amounts of TOD or transit oriented development land along light rail stops around Denver. He gobbled up a ton of it while RTD was on their eminent domain rampage years ago.

Hick and other Dems sold the Denver voters tax increase after tax increase for FasTracks in the name of "public housing" and "transit needs". The reality is Light Rail is ALL about DEVELOPMENT. Just one small example.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-30-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #59
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Yeah let's get control of our spending. Radical!!!!!!!!!!! It is broken Ro. Exactly the reason it should be shut down and rebuilt from the ground up.

I see the comment of "you are out of touch" being thrown out a lot.

The representative you guys think are representing you are mega multi millionaires both democrat and republicans getting big fat pay checks and pensions!

Their concern is their own personal interests and deals while they fool the simple minded into thinking there is some "big conflict" between the parties.

I've seen it first hand at the Colorado Capital. On TV they jaw with one another, put on big public debates that are knock down drag out battles. At noon you'll see them at these "sworn" enemies at the capital grill on Colfax yucking it up together talking about what a "display" they put on. I know. I've heard it first hand and followed these chumps from the capital after hearings to the bar to have a listen. It's disgusting. This is just Colorado. DC is 10X worse!
get over yourself quite abit spending has been cut,quite frankly, too much in the wrong areas.

revenue needs to go up, ie taxes need to go up. only an idiot thinks we can fix all this cuts alone.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #60
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
get over yourself quite abit spending has been cut,quite frankly, too much in the wrong areas.

revenue needs to go up, ie taxes need to go up. only an idiot thinks we can fix all this cuts alone.
Sure. Why don't you lead by example. Get over yourself suggesting the rest of us should pay more taxes.

You can send in "extra" money right now. If you feel so strongly the government can do more good with your money then you can. Why not cut a check right now?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #61
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sure. Why don't you lead by example. Get over yourself suggesting the rest of us should pay more taxes.

You can send in "extra" money right now. If you feel so strongly the government can do more good with your money then you can. Why not cut a check right now?
I am leading by example by voting in every election for politicians that will have everyone pay their fair share in taxes. from what I've been noticing more and more people are seeing things my way and are voting my way.

Last edited by peacepipe; 09-30-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Old 09-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #62
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #63
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Spending is at the lowest its been in years Meck.

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #64
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Meck do you support defense cuts or does it have to come at the expense of social programs?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #65
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

Quote:
Most Americans would blame congressional Republicans rather than President Barack Obama for a shutdown, and many Americans view the GOP as acting like "spoiled children," according to a CNN/ORC International poll released Monday.

Forty-six percent of respondents would blame congressional Republicans, 36 percent would blame Obama and 13 percent would blame both. Sixty-nine percent said that the GOP is acting like "spoiled children" in the budget fight, while 58 percent think that of congressional Democrats and 49 percent think that of President Barack Obama. Six in 10 respondents reject the GOP's approach and think it is more important to avoid a shutdown than to make major changes to the Affordable Care Act
The poll is an indication that the Republicans' hard-line approach does not resonate with many Americans, and could have consequences in future elections.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #66
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Make my day.

Go ahead, shut down the government. Great way to reduce the deficit, and great way to reduce the liability of future generations. Shut it down for the whole year if you want (or longer). Time to start paying down some of that debt. The American people DO NOT NEED the US government.

The House holds the purse strings, and all their asking for is a delay in forcing all Americans to purchase insurance (the entire law is a train wreck right now anyway). So no, the Democrats do not hold all the cards. The US government was specifically designed to provide checks and balances, while limiting the power of the federal government. That's exactly what is happening here.
You do realize you are not stop spending, you are just delaying it and hurting the economy. You don't save money when there is shutdown, in fact it more costly because you have to close and then restart a number of operations. It is very inefficient and waste of time.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #67
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Spending is at the lowest its been in years Meck.

Slowest spending? Every google search I see reports our national debt is up 6 trillion with the recent admin or more than any other in history.

Look for the R's and D's with me. I could give a **** about either group. The debt and spending is one in the same in my eyes.

To answer your question YES. Support massive cuts in military spending abroad and believe we need to refocus resources to our own borders. I've mentioned my friend numerous times who's worked in the pentagon, the White House, been on the battle fields around the globe. He is also of the opinion we need to focus on America and not police the world also.

There is war on the streets of Chicago, Detroit, and in Mexico!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #68
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Slowest spending? Every google search I see reports our national debt is up 6 trillion with the recent admin or more than any other in history.

Look for the R's and D's with me. I could give a **** about either group. The debt and spending is one in the same in my eyes.

To answer your question YES. Support massive cuts in military spending abroad and believe we need to refocus resources to our own borders. I've mentioned my friend numerous times who's worked in the pentagon, the White House, been on the battle fields around the globe. He is also of the opinion we need to focus on America and not police the world also.

Care to post the links? The majority of that debt comes from the Iraq war, bush tax cuts and medicare part d
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #69
houghtam
Ring of Famer

This is exactly what I was referring to, Meck. You talk about not caring whether it's Rs or Ds, yet in every post, in every specific example you give, it's always the Ds.

You're not anti-partisan in the least, you're just a Republican who claims he wants to cut military spending. Congrats on that, but your posting history points to where you truly stand.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #70
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Seems reasonable...
  • Repeal of the Medical Device Tax
  • One year delay on the individual mandate
  • The Senate's Continuing Resolution gets pushed to December 15th
  • Troops get paid regardless

http://www.speaker.gov/press-release...stop-obamacare
Obama doesn't need to compromise, thats the point of this whole thing. The PPACA has overcome legislative and judicial hurddles in our Government, the House needs to pay the Bills it has passed and be done with this crap.

If it is terrible as predicted, the ACA falls under it own weight. Republicans pick up steam off the failure into next year on the banner or Repeal, then they can really take care of this law, legislatively.

But you know what, they continue to relitigate and rerun losing campagns from the past right now. They ran a year long presidential election on being Anti-ACA (Ironically with the guy who signed the ACA's little brother), and they lost, and not close either.

I am tired of the GOP, let this things go, if is fails it fails.. I don;t want to go back to square one, cause it sucked much worse.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #71
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Make my day.

You do realize that a shotdown doesn't change the LTD, right?
You do relize that most of the current deficits come from mandatory spending, right?
You do realize that the ACA has been "checked", it was checked on consitutional powers form the SCOTUS
The US needs government to function, your assertion is ignorant- I guess if we don't need government, we don't need that Constitution.. lawlessness, no national defense..... makes sense.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #72
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Obama doesn't need to compromise, thats the point of this whole thing. The PPACA has overcome legislative and judicial hurddles in our Government, the House needs to pay the Bills it has passed and be done with this crap.

If it is terrible as predicted, the ACA falls under it own weight. Republicans pick up steam off the failure into next year on the banner or Repeal, then they can really take care of this law, legislatively.

But you know what, they continue to relitigate and rerun losing campagns from the past right now. They ran a year long presidential election on being Anti-ACA (Ironically with the guy who signed the ACA's little brother), and they lost, and not close either.

I am tired of the GOP, let this things go, if is fails it fails.. I don;t want to go back to square one, cause it sucked much worse.
That is also a good point.

If I were as confident as Republicans seem to be that the ACA is a huge burden on people and will fail anyhow, I wouldn't be taking a position that causes the majority of Americans to think the members of my party are acting like babies. Instead, I would say (like Boehner did after the SC decision), "Obamacare is the law of the land, the matter is at rest. I believe the law will fail, but the American people have decided, it has been challenged in the Supreme Court, and it has been upheld at every turn by the system of checks and balances our Founding Fathers put in place. It is time to get to the business of governing."

If the law fails as bad as they're saying it will, the 2014 and 2016 elections will write themselves, and the Republicans, Tea Party Civil War or not, will probably win all three branches of government over the course of those two cycles, which will also likely lead to at least two SCOTUS appointees.

However, you have to wonder the real motives. Something doesn't smell right in their strategy, and as many pundits have pointed out, it is likely because they're afraid that the ACA will be a success, which will almost certainly cause serious electoral repercussions against the Rs in 2014 and 2016 if that's the case.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #73
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Meanwhile, the top 1% raked in 95% of the profits made in the "recovery" for the last five years. I guarantee you, the overwhelming majority of that money was not recirculated into the American economy. It was cached offshore. This is a form of parasitism. How long do you think the country can continue to feed the insatiable greed of these parasites before it collapses?
Old 09-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #74
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post

The Republicans keep referring to the ACA as a bill. It's not. It's a law. The time to take it down was before it was passed and signed by the president. You're right. They opened the barn door and let out the horses. Now they want to shut down the whole farming operation until somebody brings all the horses back. And they want to blame the whole fiasco on somebody else so their rabid, ignorant, troglodyte base doesn't turn its appetite for destruction on them.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #75
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That is also a good point.

If I were as confident as Republicans seem to be that the ACA is a huge burden on people and will fail anyhow, I wouldn't be taking a position that causes the majority of Americans to think the members of my party are acting like babies. Instead, I would say (like Boehner did after the SC decision), "Obamacare is the law of the land, the matter is at rest. I believe the law will fail, but the American people have decided, it has been challenged in the Supreme Court, and it has been upheld at every turn by the system of checks and balances our Founding Fathers put in place. It is time to get to the business of governing."

If the law fails as bad as they're saying it will, the 2014 and 2016 elections will write themselves, and the Republicans, Tea Party Civil War or not, will probably win all three branches of government over the course of those two cycles, which will also likely lead to at least two SCOTUS appointees.

However, you have to wonder the real motives. Something doesn't smell right in their strategy, and as many pundits have pointed out, it is likely because they're afraid that the ACA will be a success, which will almost certainly cause serious electoral repercussions against the Rs in 2014 and 2016 if that's the case.
that was well said. I still don't get to outrage, Americans have to buy insurance, and those who can't will get help to do so... why is that concept so dangerous really I think you can debate and change the details, like the device tax, but to kill an entire law that is going to really help millions of fellow Americans and is ready to go Midnight tonight, now, is foolish.

But you're right, if the ACA is doomday, Democrats will get killed 2014 and 2016... but Voters didn't see it that way in 2012, not by a close margin, and Romney ran on Repeal.. to me, Americans want a look under the hood... good for them.