The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default E60: Demaryius Thomas - No Doubting Thomas

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Wow
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
BroncoFanatic
Roaming Coloradan
 
BroncoFanatic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia area
Posts: 462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
t-mobile girl
Default

I love the humility, it's a credit to his extended family, and a rare breath of fresh air from an NFL receiver, especially with his talent level.
BroncoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"He was tagged with that first rookie class that Josh McDaniels brought in with Tim Tebow."

ESPN - we can't even get basic facts right in the first 30 second of the video. Got that out, now to watch the rest of it.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,955

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
"He was tagged with that first rookie class that Josh McDaniels brought in with Tim Tebow."

ESPN - we can't even get basic facts right in the first 30 second of the video. Got that out, now to watch the rest of it.
I'm missing your point. He was in the 2010 draft class with Tebow and brought in while McD was here... so which Fact am I missing that is incorrect.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,668

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Well it was good but they played the same exact story over a year ago. I just couldnt figure out why his dad was there doing the show but never explained why he didnt man up and raise DT.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I'm missing your point. He was in the 2010 draft class with Tebow and brought in while McD was here... so which Fact am I missing that is incorrect.
That the 2009 draft was McD's first.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
"He was tagged with that first rookie class that Josh McDaniels brought in with Tim Tebow."

ESPN - we can't even get basic facts right in the first 30 second of the video. Got that out, now to watch the rest of it.
The rest of the video was great, they should have left off the TMZ style shaky cam opening though. I hope we make this kid a Bronco for life.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,955

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
That the 2009 draft was McD's first.
Ahhh... yep, my bad, that portion of the statement was BS. Thanks!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanatic View Post
I love the humility, it's a credit to his extended family, and a rare breath of fresh air from an NFL receiver, especially with his talent level.
Couldn't have said it any better
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #11
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,584
Default

Lisa Salters is kind of under the radar hot.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,078
Default

Man talk about a rough child hood. Pulling for this kid so hard man easily one of my favorite Broncos, hes so humble yet and you can tell hes hungry for more sky is the limit for him.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

I hope he still kicking ass as a Bronco when his mom gets out, so we can see the monster game he has in front of her for the first time.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #14
BroncsCheer
Scrappy, cerebral poster
 
There is no dark side on the moon

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boise
Posts: 1,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny T
Default

A testament to this young man's commitment, his humility, his aunt Shirley, and his willingness to forgive.

I shudder to think about what might have happened to me without my parents, especially my dad....
Glad he plays for the broncos.
BroncsCheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #15
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler
 
canadianbroncosfan's Avatar
 
M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 502
Default

Awesome
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #16
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I saw this when I was trying to record NFL Live and this was on my DVR instead. The piece was very good. I enjoy hearing about these guys' background. His Mom basically helped her mom sell crack cocaine and then refused to rat out her mom instead of being their for her children. That's pretty awful.

E60 is kind of stupid, though. They have the producer and reporters around a table talking about their pieces like they're just planning things out or even pitching to the producer. It's very canned and fake. At least the stories are good, but they need to do away with that table of the pretend chatting.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #17
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
E60 is kind of stupid, though. They have the producer and reporters around a table talking about their pieces like they're just planning things out or even pitching to the producer. It's very canned and fake. At least the stories are good, but they need to do away with that table of the pretend chatting.
This. It really does detract from the production.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler
 
goldengopher1976's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I saw this when I was trying to record NFL Live and this was on my DVR instead. The piece was very good. I enjoy hearing about these guys' background. His Mom basically helped her mom sell crack cocaine and then refused to rat out her mom instead of being their for her children. That's pretty awful.

E60 is kind of stupid, though. They have the producer and reporters around a table talking about their pieces like they're just planning things out or even pitching to the producer. It's very canned and fake. At least the stories are good, but they need to do away with that table of the pretend chatting.

Agreed. I hate that part.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
loves haters & trolls

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,207
Default





DT approves!

Last edited by i4jelway7; 09-26-2013 at 08:48 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

DT is a good egg. I was glad that he still loves his momma, I however might not be as forgiving. However she got exactly what she deserved.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,955

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
DT is a good egg. I was glad that he still loves his momma, I however might not be as forgiving. However she got exactly what she deserved.
I've read something from another interview with her and she agrees with you.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I've read something from another interview with her and she agrees with you.
They had a phone interview with her for this piece and she explicitly said she made some awful decisions. She did say she still wouldn't turn state's evidence in on her mother though. Which is hard to believe.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #23
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often
 
Atlas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,372
Default

What a great and heartbreaking story. If she would have been white and selling the same amout of value in cocaine instead of crack she would have gotten probably 3 years or less. Crack cocaine sentences have long been much more harsh than those for powder cocaine. The disparity started in the 1980s, when crack cocaine started to ravish urban black communities in America. The federal government sought to crack down on the problem by implementing severe prison sentences for those people caught dealing crack cocaine. For example, someone caught with powder cocaine would have to have 100 grams of the drug to get the same sentence as someone caught with just one gram of crack cocaine.

Hopfully, she will be a great influence on DT when she gets out and not a bad one! It would be nice if she got an early release as well.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #24
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,631

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

So basically DT's forced displacement from a crime-ridden single parent upbringing into a stable two-parent household was the best thing that ever happened to him. Hard to believe.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,631

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

They made him pull up his pants, spit out his grill, cut off his braids, go to church, and pick peas. Sounds like he was sent to some kind of plantation.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Denver Broncos