The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #76
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Von's issues are not worse. DUI is illegal regardless of your occupation and could of killed someone or multiple people. Von's issues are a big deal with his employer and most jobs you would be terminated without criminal charges.
I didn't say his are worse. I am saying the NFL isn't picking on him like he original poster I responded to insinuated.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #77
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Hopefully we draft another stud pass rusher next year and Q. Smith comes good.

Bong Miller can't be trusted in the offseason.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #78
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Exactly. Von is a cheating/bribing a$$hole. I hope he turns it around and grows up into a solid player and responsible driver.

But right now he's a punk.
And when he does see the field again and records his next sack on the Qb, it would be a good idea for you VM, not to go into your prolonged, look at me sack dance. Just do your job, show you've matured, and refrain from the hyperbole. Just my 2 cents.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #79
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sad thing is there are still people who will root more for Miller than they ever did for guys that live clean lives, like a Tebow for example.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #80
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Sad thing is there are still people who will root more for Miller than they ever did for guys that live clean lives, like a Tebow for example.
I rooted for tebow. Dude just can't play football. A petty though cause I loved what he stood for
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #81
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
why to bring Tebow in this discussion.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #82
extralife
Ring of Famer

I wonder how many other guys successfully bride the collectors. I mean, how much money could those guys possibly make? If you're Von it's worth giving the guy five or ten grand, which would basically be impossible for him to turn down.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #83
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

Are the majority of you people completely unaware, completely oblivious, and completely ignorant to the realities of professional athletes?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #84
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
This **** cracks me up.

Yes, more people will buy Von Miller jerseys than Ben Garland jerseys.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #85
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

In a related story as a child I cheated on a drug test ...
I had been caught drinking in public at 16 and they send me to a diversion course and at the end of it sprung a drug test on me. I freaked out cause I had drank and smoked herb the night before and told the tester I didn't need to go yet and needed some time. She had me drink a ton of water , and then I went pee'ed in the cup just a tiny bit and dipped it in the toilet to fill it... And passed everything. Be it this was in the 90's and how they tested is most likely changed. They used these little card things for each drug back then that they dripped a drop of urine on the card and it went through a maze kinda and had to change color by the end or you failed or something like that.

But anyway ... TL DR ... :O)
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #86
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
In a related story as a child I cheated on a drug test ...
I had been caught drinking in public at 16 and they send me to a diversion course and at the end of it sprung a drug test on me. I freaked out cause I had drank and smoked herb the night before and told the tester I didn't need to go yet and needed some time. She had me drink a ton of water , and then I went pee'ed in the cup just a tiny bit and dipped it in the toilet to fill it... And passed everything. Be it this was in the 90's and how they tested is most likely changed. They used these little card things for each drug back then that they dripped a drop of urine on the card and it went through a maze kinda and had to change color by the end or you failed or something like that.

But anyway ... TL DR ... :O)
Everyone cheats on drug tests. Athletes across all professional sports. Citizens across the nation. It's not really the first thing I would look for in judging someone.

The biggest cheater I knew in HS was a friend of mine who was a gang banging thug that was in all honors and AP classes. He cheated in every class possible and every way possible. He was so good at cheating that teachers knew he was cheating and couldn't stop it without being prejudice. This was your absolute definition of a cheater.

He cheated all the way into Westpoint (sad if you don't know what school this is).

One story I have is, we all ditched school one day and he was driving without a license. He crashed into a car right by school with a 40-50 year old lady driving. Police came we got busted...reported to the school etc...he was in the biggest trouble since he was the driver... I believe he was supposed to be booked and not allowed to have a license until 21.

But, he was already accepted into Westpoint at that time and he made a phone call to a high ranking official...he made a phone call to someone who made a phone call to someone...and then we all got off with nothing. NOTHING. He was able to get his license and never booked but was just responsible for the accident. He was able to get his license right when he turned 18.

This is just one story.

He's now graduated and started off with his own platoon of like 50 and now has own company as a captain without ever serving a day as a normal soldier.

He's definitely cleaned up his act. If you met him today you'd think he lived his life has the law abiding citizen. (he's obviously not like this around friends and definitely takes advantage of his status...which is to everyones benefit around him)

Moral of the story?

Stop ****ing judging people over stupid sh*t.

Someone in this thread said that Von Miller's situation is just as bad as Aldon Smith? Getting caught drunk driving multiple times, being directly involved with stabbing, getting caught drunk driving with weed and pills?

Is just as bad as cheating on a drug test?

Last edited by Action; 09-22-2013 at 05:19 PM..
Old 09-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #87
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I heard that Von also buys non dolphin-safe tuna and only recycles when people are watching. He is a filthy human being.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #88
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Well, Aldon Smith was suspended by the 49ers ( after the game today)
"indefinitely" and is being checked into a rehab ( like that works, if the person hasn't made up his mind to get straight himself.)

Probably partially, cause they hope that this will head off the ginger hammer.

I hope that Von is smart enough to realize that his days in the NFL are numbered if he doesn't get straight...but I'm not sure that he is.

I know he moved his parents into his house....but I wonder if his parents are not partying with him.

At any rate, when his suspension is over I am looking forward to him getting back on the field and making plays. Whether he is dumb as a rock or not , he is a really great player, and as long as he is not endangering other people off the field, I will cheer him.
And if he does screw up that way, we won't need to worry about it....Goodell and the Broncos will take care of it. He is now working with a full count and can either get on base or be out.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #89
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
As we've said many times before.....you're an idiot.

Cheating is doing something to give one an unfair ADVANTAGE. Explain how smoking pot gives one an advantage on the football field.
If I'm not mistaken, the 'cheating' refers to the drug test, not smoking weed..
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #90
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

He cheated all the way into Westpoint (sad if you don't know what school this is).

BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Moral of the story?

Stop ****ing judging people over stupid ****.
Sad is you expect someone to know Westpoint when in reality, it is called West Point.

Moral of the story? You make long posts and have been kissing Von Miller's ass ever since this started months ago.

Seems your friend got his **** together because his **** wasn't together a while back and we would have every right to criticize his behavior back in the day.

Your moral of the story is that people can change.

Still doesn't make Von Miller a good teammate at this moment.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #91
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I didn't say his are worse. I am saying the NFL isn't picking on him like he original poster I responded to insinuated.
Sorry I misread where you said Von's issues were just as serious if not worse than Aldon Smiths.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #92
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Have to wonder how many get away with cheating..
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
wtf c'mon von get with the program

That's how you get away with it.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #93
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGnarly View Post
I'm still wondering why the NFL is focused on Von, and not Aldon's (much more serious) troubles.
Aldon Smith is now on an "indefinite leave of absence" to deal with said problems, and a suspension will be forthcoming.

Presumably, he's in rehab... which by the looks of things is where he belongs.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #94
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Sources said the collector worked in Miami, where Miller spends offseason time, and the collector reveled in knowing the Broncos linebacker while being, according to a source, "star struck." It led, sources said, to the collector's willingness to substitute another person's urine specimen for Miller. It might have worked, sources said, had a second collector not discovered that Miller was not in the city where his collection was supposed to have taken place.

"He's fast," one source said of Miller, "but he's not that fast."

One source was "reasonably certain" no money changed hands between Miller and the collector, but that there was concern the NFL may have a problem beyond Miller and the collector involved. The NFL and the NFLPA declined comment.

lmao.....there is going to be a **** ton of failed tests next year
2014 will be the season the NFL had to temporarily shift to 7-man football.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #95
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
So is he in the stage where his next positive test is a yearlong suspension or not?
The Magic 8 Ball says: As I see it, YES.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #96
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Sad is you expect someone to know Westpoint when in reality, it is called West Point.

Moral of the story? You make long posts and have been kissing Von Miller's ass ever since this started months ago.

Seems your friend got his **** together because his **** wasn't together a while back and we would have every right to criticize his behavior back in the day.

Your moral of the story is that people can change.

Still doesn't make Von Miller a good teammate at this moment.
It'd be sad if I went there,but the punctuation if irrelevant to getting my point across.

Yes, you would have every right to criticize...however you people go beyond that and completely WRITE PEOPLE off as if people can't change. It's funny you talk about people changing considering that's exactly what I've been preaching about Von in all these threads.

You telling me I'm "kissing Vons ass" aka supporting a Broncos player as if I'm the one in the wrong here or doing something absolutely ridiculous. OH NO I'M SUPPORTING A BRONCOS PLAYER!

No it doesn't make him a good teammate but it also doesn't make him the absolute scum of the earth either. At the end of the day, it's about supporting people/players and hoping they get back on the football field while getting their **** straight. Not talking about cutting Von Miller.

You see the 49ers CEO statement of Aldon Smith?

Quote:
York said the team will stand by Smith.

"I am willing to support Aldon as long as he is willing to work at this and fight to get better," York said.

Last edited by Action; 09-22-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Old 09-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #97
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange skier View Post
Just a thought: perhaps having a 25 year old (who has the maturity of a 14 year old) living in Miami for the off season isn't the best idea? His six game suspension has cost him a couple several hundred thousand......maybe someone could discuss the possibly of him living in a little less tempting enviro.....?
Vegas?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #98
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I read a post in the other Broncos forum about "Our family will not be buying a Von Miller jersey nor supporting him."

I'd bet that same family probably pays money to watch Robert Downey Jr. and Johnny Depp movies...

Last edited by Action; 09-22-2013 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #99
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What's crazy is how Von convinced all his teammates that he did nothing wrong.
That IS scary! How can Von look his teammates in the eye again after lying to their faces like he did?!?

Sounds like a non-violent Aaron Hernandez!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #100
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I read a post in the other Broncos forum about "Our family will not be buying a Von Miller jersey nor supporting him."

I'd bet that same family probably pays money to watch Robert Downey Jr. and Johnny Depp movies...
And they party with Charlie Sheen.