The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Republicans Conduct Class Warfare

The conservative war on food stamps is the most baffling political move of the year. Conservatives have suffered for years from the stereotype that they are heartless Scrooge McDucks more concerned with our money than other people’s lives. Yet in this case, conservatives make the taking of food from the mouths of the genuinely hungry a top priority. What gives? And why are conservatives overlooking a far more egregious abuse of taxpayer dollars in the farm bill?
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...he-hungry.html
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Meck77

We need to cut costs across the board. Why not surfers buying sushi with food stamps?

Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
We need to cut costs across the board. Why not surfers buying sushi with food stamps?

If you think this guy is representative of the majority of people on food stamps, what can I say? You're a tool. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Fox groomed this guy to play this role. Like Reagan's Cadillac Welfare Queen. The GOP knows that propaganda works, though. And the dumber you are, the better it works.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
Meck77

He's the extreme. Although I know a real estate agent who drives around in a fancy mercedes and lives in a nice house who rocks the food stamps without shame. The system is absolutely being abused.

Why are so many more on food stamps anyway after this many years of change?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
He's the extreme. Although I know a real estate agent who drives around in a fancy mercedes and lives in a nice house who rocks the food stamps without shame. The system is absolutely being abused.

Why are so many more on food stamps anyway after this many years of change?
Did you hear about the recession? Obviously, you are in a bracket where you don't have to concern yourself with such things.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Did you hear about the recession? Obviously, you are in a bracket where you don't have to concern yourself with such things.
But he's not out of touch, though...he's got a very diverse group of people looking for investment opportunities.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
But he's not out of touch, though...he's got a very diverse group of people looking for investment opportunities.

That he's currently hold up with on a manic 53 hour idea session!
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Meck77

Quote:

You want to make this personal again? Ok here we go!

I've heard some good pitches thus far! Houghtam don't forget to scrub the toilet today. The world needs more house wives like you buddy.

I admit. I am out of touch with you. To be pretty young ( I guess), sit around barefoot and pregnant, and not work for two years? I can't relate to that.

Well anyway there really is a young, innovative group of people coming down the pipe to step up and work. Good to see.

Mock where are you buddy? There use to be decent debate with men. Now we have "Men" discussing politics and business who are full time diaper changers.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-21-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 09-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You want to make this personal again? Ok here we go!

I've heard some good pitches thus far! Houghtam don't forget to scrub the toilet today. The world needs more house wives like you buddy.

I admit. I am out of touch with you. To be pretty young ( I guess), sit around barefoot and pregnant, and not work for two years? I can't relate to that.

Well anyway there really is a young, innovative group of people coming down the pipe to step up and work. Good to see.

Mock where are you buddy? There use to be decent debate with men. Now we have "Men" discussing politics and business who are full time diaper changers.
Ahh, here comes the misogyny and anti family values rant. Apparently, there is no value in parenting -- only in making money.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Ahh, here comes the misogyny and anti family values rant. Apparently, there is no value in parenting -- only in making money.
Mmmhmm.

Apparently having children grow up with a great relationship with their parents and having strong family values instilled from an early age only counts if a woman does it. Next he'll tell us that women shouldn't vote and black folk shouldn't drink from the same drinking fountain as white folk.

But at least he's got money! There's a real life right there!

What's funny is there are at least half a dozen on this board who do, and more than that who would love to.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=stay+home+dad

But yeah, keep barking up that tree, chump!

Old 09-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
Meck77

Yup you got it. I'm all about beating children and broken homes! I must be out of touch. Maybe I should start scrap booking and baking a bit more. Take it easy this weekend!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yup you got it. I'm all about beating children and broken homes! I must be out of touch. Maybe I should start scrap booking and baking a bit more. Take it easy this weekend!
Piss poor attempt to deflect with a straw man. Your post clearly shows you have no respect for the effort and dedication is takes to be a stay at home parent. Add to that your obvious disdain for the biological and (traditional) social role of women as well as the disdain for men who choose to take on a traditionally feminine social role, and the nature of your character becomes quite clear.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #13
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not all mysoginists are about beating children. But yeah, pretty much all of them make ignorant comments like that. And yes, cooking and baking is a useful skill to learn. I believe your local community college could help you out with that if you could ever envision yourself coming down from that ivory tower you live in to grace the plebs with your presence.

After you're done mingling with your "diverse" set of investors (coughwhitemenages45andupnoblacksorwomenallowedcou gh), of course.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Personal arguments aside, I find this to be a real Scrooge move, to cut $40 billion from food stamps in the midst of a five year recession while incomes on the top 1% go up another third. It's some mind boggling ****, IMHO.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Personal arguments aside, I find this to be a real Scrooge move, to cut $40 billion from food stamps in the midst of a five year recession while incomes on the top 1% go up another third. It's some mind boggling ****, IMHO.
All that money being shoveled to the job creators will create jobs! Look at the progress so far!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There are plenty of places where $40B could be found...the military being one of them. They waste that much in a month. But the minute you sart talking about that, you've got both republicans and democrats in districts with a heavy military presence saying ohhhh no. Not in MY district.

The poor (and nowadays the working poor and the lower "middle class") don't have anyone to speak for them on this issue. There's no money in it.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Well thank goodness Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is doing his part...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...4-million.html
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
First, why do you know such people?

And second, what percentage of food stamps do you think are being "abused"?

(if it makes my opinion any more valid in your eyes, I'll have you know that I've been gainfully employed in the financial services industry for over 20 years)
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #19
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

The mob ain't got nothing on Oracle's racket.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

His boat ain't doing so well either.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
There are plenty of places where $40B could be found...the military being one of them. They waste that much in a month. But the minute you sart talking about that, you've got both republicans and democrats in districts with a heavy military presence saying ohhhh no. Not in MY district.

The poor (and nowadays the working poor and the lower "middle class") don't have anyone to speak for them on this issue. There's no money in it.
You really hate the military don't you? This is the third of fourth thread where you have went after the military. In one you compared its members to welfare recipients. Well, we're drug tested and must work for our money.
The military has had to deal with sequestration. Huge cuts. How about we all pay our fair share?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #22
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
You really hate the military don't you? This is the third of fourth thread where you have went after the military. In one you compared its members to welfare recipients. Well, we're drug tested and must work for our money.
The military has had to deal with sequestration. Huge cuts. How about we all pay our fair share?
Not at all, I actually like the military. I have several family members who served, and I would have myself, but I decided that I couldn't commit myself to a job where they tell you (and rightfully so) your first job is to kill.

What I do not like is the bloated spending that goes on. I likened the military to welfare recipients because of the unquestioned waste that goes on in that area, and how they are seemingly immune to any real budget cuts. The sequester? Come on. Our military budget is 8 times that of the next highest in the world, and when you include our allies, there is essentially no reason for the budget to be that high.

Then you can add in the cronyism that goes on with independent contractors, as well as the corruption...it never ceases to amaze me that a segment of the population that is so incensed about keeping government spending under control deems one of the largest chunks of the federal budget untouchable. And I'm not just talking about Republicans here.