The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #651
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Obama voters don't turn out for mid-terms. We've seen this movie before. They turn out for the president, but they don't turn out when it's about boring senators and representatives.

I wish him the best. He's got a lot of work to get himself out of his lame duck trench, and if using every inch of his huge political network will finally make a difference for the guy, he should go for it. I wonder why he hadn't bothered to do it before.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #652
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
The only polls he cares about are in 2014.

Mark his words!
The GOP in the Senate has also locked up the immigration reform bill. Many in the Hispanic community are pissed about it. I don't care whether it's midterms or not, pissing off the Hispanic and Independent blocs does not make for election happiness.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #653
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Anybody see Obama's address this morning? Full of blame. He played the victim. He's suppose to be in charge and bring people together. He finds it so hard to believe that the country is continually on the brink of default yet can't seem to man up to any of it.

Instead of trying to heal the situation he just threw more ****ing gas on it.

Great leaders lead. They don't whine on tv as if they are victims. That is what he just did. The republicans in congress represent hundreds of millions of people in congress. That's just the way it is. He needs to stop making this so personal to himself.
8% of the American people identify themselves as members of the Tea Party. The radical Right Wing of American politics represents a little over 20%. These people are dedicated to first, destroy the presidency of the first black president, and second, to install a radical, libertarian agenda that wipes out over a hundred years of political precedence. Don't you think they should win an election first? That's what Obama pointed out. Talk about whining. What we have on the Right is a bunch of extremists who, if they can't win, will make sure nobody else can either. Scorched earth politics are not good for America. Especially now with our economy in the tank. They just blew $24 billion on a tantrum while crying about the national debt. Gimme a break.

Remember, the GOP lost the House according to the popular vote. The only reason they held on was because of radical gerrymandering.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #654
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Scorched earth politics are not good for America.

Scorched earth politics is the hope and change that Obama brought to the American political landscape. This is a direct response to his scorched earth tactics passing the ACA through a procedural trick in congress without a single Republican vote. When you disenfranchise half the nation through scorched earth legislating, this is what you get.

It has nothing to do with race, no matter how often you want to call us all racists.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #655
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think Nate Silver would disagree.

Are you familiar with Steve Christie's politics?
I'm not at all. From what I remember though, he was usually pretty straight-down-the-center.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #656
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
You you have no idea how diverse my media universe is. I guarantee you that I read a much more diverse net of media than any other person on this forum - or to be more accurate, my phone reads to me a much more diverse net of media than any other person on this forum. I've probably been through over 100 articles in just the last 5 days from sources ranging from Aljazeera, Japan Times, Salon, Time, Newsweek, New Republic, National Review, and the list goes on and on and on.

I've always known that the numbers weren't there. From the very beginning I've said that this fight was about setting up 2014. And despite what the media is telling you, the Republicans are in a very good position for that battle, especially as Obamacare rolls out.

This fight, as I said from the beginning, was more about drawing battle lines from within the Republican party than it was about anything to do with the Democrats.

Go back and read what I wrote. This has always been about the long game.
You guarantee? Seriously?

I have no doubt you scour the news feeds to find articles that fit your Libertarian ideology and Tea Party narrative. But a mountain of info is useless if you're not able to process ALL the info in a subjective manner.

Walk it back all you want. There's no denying that you have a knack for not seeing the forest for the trees. Do not be so blinded by ideology.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #657
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Give it up Taco. your party took a beating.Cruz is the new Palin.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #658
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Scorched earth politics is the hope and change that Obama brought to the American political landscape. This is a direct response to his scorched earth tactics passing the ACA through a procedural trick in congress without a single Republican vote. When you disenfranchise half the nation through scorched earth legislating, this is what you get.

It has nothing to do with race, no matter how often you want to call us all racists.
Nope. Scorched earth politics is what we just witnessed. It's a tiny minority that completely disregards the traditions of our form of government in order to impose their fundamentalist and reactionary vision on the rest of the population by whatever means necessary. If it hadn't been Obamacare, it would have been something else. Why do I say this? Because this fringe was engaging in the same political terrorism prior to Obamacare. In January, when they do it again, it will no doubt be something else. Like they announced at the beginning, thirty years ago, their goal is to tear down the power of government until it can be drowned in a bathtub.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #659
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Give it up Taco. your party took a beating.Cruz is the new Palin.
His local Houston paper rescinded its recommendation on him this morning.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #660
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nope. Scorched earth politics is what we just witnessed. It's a tiny minority that completely disregards the traditions of our form of government in order to impose their fundamentalist and reactionary vision on the rest of the population
In other words, they fought the Obamacare bumble**** in the same manner you guys passed it.

Heaven Forfend.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #661
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII View Post
In other words, they fought the Obamacare bumble**** in the same manner you guys passed it.

Heaven Forfend.
As you've proved on this board time and time again, you're going to twist things into whatever shape suits you. Why would I care?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #662
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As you've proved on this board time and time again, you're going to twist things into whatever shape suits you. Why would I care?
Yeah. A "tiny minority" passed the ACA?

Wow, talk about revisionist history. And I thought he was only capable of revising history that we didn't just live through 4 years ago.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #663
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Whatever dude. Good luck reconciling Demonpass with your selective love of American legislative tradition.

Just stare at that Obama pinup on the wall and keep rockin' those blue pompoms. That makes it all better.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #664
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Whatever dude. Good luck reconciling Demonpass with your selective love of American legislative tradition.

Just stare at that Obama pinup on the wall and keep rockin' those blue pompoms. That makes it all better.
Yeah. That's my problem. I'm blinded by my love of Obama.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #665
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Obama voters don't turn out for mid-terms. We've seen this movie before. They turn out for the president, but they don't turn out when it's about boring senators and representatives.

I wish him the best. He's got a lot of work to get himself out of his lame duck trench, and if using every inch of his huge political network will finally make a difference for the guy, he should go for it. I wonder why he hadn't bothered to do it before.

Pretty short sighted considering the mess we just been through.........

The polls clearly pointed out the losers..........

Republicans think they are untouchable but the kind of chaos they

keep creating by hurting our economy and costing real people

money has to have a tipping point.

They showed their ass to the world and next november we are

going to kick that ass out of Washington....................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #666
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:

Some people are smart enough to realize what we just went through

was for naught and was unwinnable and hurt real people.

Others wanted to take heALthcare away from millions no matter

WHO THEY HURT IN THE PROCESS...........
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #667
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

they never do for any president. I believe it was once in our history that a sitting presidents party won.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #668
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
The GOP in the Senate has also locked up the immigration reform bill. Many in the Hispanic community are pissed about it. I don't care whether it's midterms or not, pissing off the Hispanic and Independent blocs does not make for election happiness.
Not according to TJ. Didn't you hear? The GOP is on the rise! Tea bags for all! This whole mess was a glorious success story... it just hasn't played out yet.
He read it somewhere.... no my mistake his phone read it. Of course this secret info is beyond our reading list let alone comprehension. I gotta get a new phone.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #669
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Not according to TJ. Didn't you hear? The GOP is on the rise! Tea bags for all! This whole mess was a glorious success story... it just hasn't played out yet.
He read it somewhere.... no my mistake his phone read it. Of course this secret info is beyond our reading list let alone comprehension. I gotta get a new phone.
It'll all come full circle once everyone finds out that Joe Biden was appointed the Project Beta Test Czar.

The living personification of Reagan's 9 most terrifying words.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #670
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Voter turnout is always low in mid-terms compared to Presidential elections. It's a proven historical trend. It has nothing to do with who the President is. Why preface the statement with Obama? It's disingenuous.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #671
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Taco is excellent for providing us with this website to talk about the Broncos and have fun with politics, but I think if you have paid any attention to WRP over the years, most of his takes regarding political events, history, etc. are often strikeouts.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #672
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yeah. A "tiny minority" passed the ACA?

Wow, talk about revisionist history. And I thought he was only capable of revising history that we didn't just live through 4 years ago.

L0L!

These Tea Party moonbats live in a world curiously untainted by reality.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #673
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Taco is excellent for providing us with this website to talk about the Broncos and have fun with politics, but I think if you have paid any attention to WRP over the years, most of his takes regarding political events, history, etc. are often strikeouts.
Remember this prediction?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=15126
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #674
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Check when I registered on here and look at the date of his post and that should give you your answer.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #675
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
He's not saying anything in there that any liberal who follows politics didn't already know when he was announced as Keynote speaker. It wasn't exactly a bold prediction.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote