The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Delay: Obama set to unsheath and hand Ted Cruz the ACA Mandate Sword

The Obama administration will delay enforcement of the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance mandate, extending how long Americans may go uninsured before facing a penalty under the law, MarketWatch has learned.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oba...me_latest_news
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ted cruz ain't doing squat. there may be a couple month delay at most to fix the gliches in the website.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Meck77
Google Blows

CNN....

White House spokesman "We haven't ruled out scrapping the healthcare.gov website".
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
ted cruz ain't doing squat. there may be a couple month delay at most to fix the gliches in the website.
Oh, believe me, Ted Cruz is doing plenty of squat. This is exactly the opening that he's looking for to push the "Repeal and Replace" initiative that they've got sitting in the wings waiting for this event.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Oh, believe me, Ted Cruz is doing plenty of squat. This is exactly the opening that he's looking for to push the "Repeal and Replace" initiative that they've got sitting in the wings waiting for this event.
the guy is a pariah within his own party, he won't get the support to do anything.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
It's about damn time they put out a plan. Not that it's necessarily got the full support of republicans in congress.

They're going to find out however that it's a lot easier to take shots at somebody else's ideas than come up with your own and defend them. Dems and their supporters are going to rip on this plan the same way Cruz ripped on Obamacare. Should be fun to watch.

BTW, where the hell was this plan ten years ago?

Edit: You know, I just noticed that article was from over a month ago. What's its current status? I haven't heard squat from republicans on this plan.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 10-23-2013 at 06:40 PM..
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It would repeal and do nothing... Unacceptable..

I happen to agree with a finite delay... Until the retards responsible for the web rollout get their **** together..
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
It's about damn time they put out a plan. Not that it's necessarily got the full support of republicans in congress.

They're going to find out however that it's a lot easier to take shots at somebody else's ideas than come up with your own and defend them. Dems and their supporters are going to rip on this plan the same way Cruz ripped on Obamacare. Should be fun to watch.

Edit: You know, I just noticed that article was from over a month ago. What's its current status? I haven't heard squat from republicans on this plan.
It would be the ACA, just called "Patriot Health Freedom Act" or some stupid ****... Same reforms, same amount of evil Socialsim.. Lol
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama could have ended the shut down way earlier by saying how about debt limit raise for a 6 mos delay to Obamacare mandate. Shut down on Obama.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #10
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Obama could have ended the shut down way earlier by saying how about debt limit raise for a 6 mos delay to Obamacare mandate. Shut down on Obama.
You're FOS as usual. You know as well as I do the shutdown is on rethugs, just cause obama didn't give in to their extortion demands doesn't put the shutdown on obama.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama knew all along he was going to have to delay the mandate. he just didn't want to make it look like the repubs made it happen. Shut down on Obama!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #12
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Obama knew all along he was going to have to delay the mandate. he just didn't want to make it look like the repubs made it happen. Shut down on Obama!
Ob really!? Prove it.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Ted Cruz is TJ's new hero? The guy is a sociopath.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Ted Cruz is TJ's new hero? The guy is a sociopath.
The poll linked below shows how out of touch people like TJ are.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
Meck77
Google Blows

Ironically enough it's rumored the White House is considering delaying the mandate a year. That just so happens to be the amount of time Cruz suggested.

Out of touch? Don't think so. I call that spot on as he saw the train wreck coming. I call that vision and so are some Democrats who now see it.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #16
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Out of touch?
Out of touch with respect to public opinion and winning elections.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post

BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #18
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
CNN....

White House spokesman "We haven't ruled out scrapping the healthcare.gov website".

"We shut down the government for it. But we're not sure if it'll ever work."

Old 10-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #19
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
On the surface, demanding an end to Obamacare in return for reopening the federal government was an insane negotiating strategy. Attempting to analyze these demands in strategic terms misses the point. It’s not a plan to achieve a defined legislative end. It’s a demonstration of dissent from a political faction that has no chance of winning through regular political channels. The problem they are attempting to solve in each case is not “how do we achieve this policy objective?” but “how can we express our outrage?”
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...l.html?mid=rss
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ironically enough it's rumored the White House is considering delaying the mandate a year. That just so happens to be the amount of time Cruz suggested.

Out of touch? Don't think so. I call that spot on as he saw the train wreck coming. I call that vision and so are some Democrats who now see it.
Their answer is "Well Shutdown was bad politics, so they're stupid"

Never mind that averting this epic train wreck was just the right thing to do. That's not their concern.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #21
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Cruz=the male Palin. Hey taco maybe he can sign a copy of green eggs and ham for you.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

this administration is embarrassing if true. A year delay on the mandate is exactly what the Tea Party asked for and the Obama Admin and Senate said no after the Admin gave Corps and Unions waivers. Now they're considering suspending the mandate. What a bunch of knuckleheads.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #23
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
this administration is embarrassing if true. A year delay on the mandate is exactly what the Tea Party asked for and the Obama Admin and Senate said no after the Admin gave Corps and Unions waivers. Now they're considering suspending the mandate. What a bunch of knuckleheads.
So now you guys are clinging to a unsubstantiated rumor from an unidentified source to bash Obama. Could you be any more desperate?
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Ob really!? Prove it.
They knew this thing wasn't ready to roll out. You BETA test these things. Faster you put it out, the easier it is to say, "Sorry but we can't change or cancel it. We already started!" makes Obama and the supporters look extremely bad IMO not the other way around. This is a complete train wreck. $400,000,000 to get this program going just on the computer and they can't do it after a year or more. PATHETIC!

BTW, is this ACA going to now include illegals or will they actually vote on something like that if it was to be recommended as added to ACA. This would piss me off (and I am sure many Democrats).

This thing is failing big time. Now that everyone is finding out how much it is costing their families and getting cut to part time work, how much support will this get? This is why Obama hurried out the unworkable program. Peacepipe, it doesn't take too much to see why.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
They knew this thing wasn't ready to roll out. You BETA test these things. Faster you put it out, the easier it is to say, "Sorry but we can't change or cancel it. We already started!" makes Obama and the supporters look extremely bad IMO not the other way around. This is a complete train wreck. $400,000,000 to get this program going just on the computer and they can't do it after a year or more. PATHETIC!

BTW, is this ACA going to now include illegals or will they actually vote on something like that if it was to be recommended as added to ACA. This would piss me off (and I am sure many Democrats).

This thing is failing big time. Now that everyone is finding out how much it is costing their families and getting cut to part time work, how much support will this get? This is why Obama hurried out the unworkable program. Peacepipe, it doesn't take too much to see why.
relax dumbass,like I said if all conservatives got is a computer glich than have at it . they got nothing.

illegals!? WTF are you talking about. all that **** was vetted long ago in the debate prior to ACA becoming law. you're a bit late to the game on that one.