The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default You guys should watch this video. It will make you feel better about Clady.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9689156

Gotta love Mark Schlereth. If there's anyone who understands what it takes to have a successful O-line, it's him. Clark is no Ryan Clady (who is?), but that doesn't mean the Broncos are toast. 18 is still the QB, and he gets rid of the ball quickly anyway. I guess we will just have to accept scoring 43 points a game now instead of 45.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

How awesome would be if Clark emerged as a really solid LT by the end of the season? I am hopeful. He can be as good as the crappy offensive linemen that Manning won his SB with, right now. And our O-line coaching staff is phenomenal. I am not ready to throw away the season yet. Our division is improved, but not that much.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Did Stink just call Peyton a more accurate version of Jim Everett? Fold like a piece of origami?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
How awesome would be if Clark emerged as a really solid LT by the end of the season? I am hopeful. He can be as good as the crappy offensive linemen that Manning won his SB with, right now. And our O-line coaching staff is phenomenal. I am not ready to throw away the season yet. Our division is improved, but not that much.
Only the biggest pessimists in the world would be ready to do that.

We are still the class of the AFC, even without Clady.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Why not? Manny Ramirez has done pretty well. Everyone here thought he was garbage, but he's actually been pretty impressive IMHO. It's not like they're bringing in some bum off the street that's never practiced with the Broncos. I have to think the relatively soft upcoming schedule will only help Clark get his feet under him. The O-line will have all season to gel, in plenty of time for the playoffs.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Why not? Manny Ramirez has done pretty well. Everyone here thought he was garbage, but he's actually been pretty impressive IMHO. It's not like they're bringing in some bum off the street that's never practiced with the Broncos. I have to think the relatively soft upcoming schedule will only help Clark get his feet under him. The O-line will have all season to gel, in plenty of time for the playoffs.
Yup. Yesterday, I was all depressed. And in just 24 hours, while I agree it sucks to lose Clady, I am absolutely still of the belief we should run away with the AFC (barring anymore significant injuries).
Old 09-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Its more about Manning getting HIT after he throws MORE often is main concern. Not that we still aren't good.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Its more about Manning getting HIT after he throws MORE often is main concern. Not that we still aren't good.
Manning will be fine. After 4 neck surgeries, he's more than paid his dues to the injury gods.

And my biggest concern isn't him getting hit.....it's him just having to get rid of the ball sooner, meaning fewer deep routes, fewer big plays in our offense, etc. Therefore, it's much easier on opposing defenses, with them having the ability to sit on short routes.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Nice points to hear from Schlereth.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Manning will be fine. After 4 neck surgeries, he's more than paid his dues to the injury gods.

And my biggest concern isn't him getting hit.....it's him just having to get rid of the ball sooner, meaning fewer deep routes, fewer big plays in our offense, etc. Therefore, it's much easier on opposing defenses, with them having the ability to sit on short routes.

And those little yellow things that fly onto the field after a hold.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post

This too
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
wyobronco
Gradishar for HOF

Maybe the fat man again?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokely

The 98 lost Gary Zimmerman (to retirement, not injury) and T-Bone stepped right in and the o-line just kept trucking. Denver is now down 3 All-Pros (assuming Champ is still not ready) and is still the class of the AFC. Depth is a beautiful thing.
wyobronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobronco View Post
Depth is a beautiful thing.
My wife keeps telling me that in the bedroom.

Ba-da-bing.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

It is comforting to know there aren't going to be many Suggs and Dumerville combinations even among the playoff teams.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote