The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default You guys should watch this video. It will make you feel better about Clady.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9689156

Gotta love Mark Schlereth. If there's anyone who understands what it takes to have a successful O-line, it's him. Clark is no Ryan Clady (who is?), but that doesn't mean the Broncos are toast. 18 is still the QB, and he gets rid of the ball quickly anyway. I guess we will just have to accept scoring 43 points a game now instead of 45.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

How awesome would be if Clark emerged as a really solid LT by the end of the season? I am hopeful. He can be as good as the crappy offensive linemen that Manning won his SB with, right now. And our O-line coaching staff is phenomenal. I am not ready to throw away the season yet. Our division is improved, but not that much.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,165

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Did Stink just call Peyton a more accurate version of Jim Everett? Fold like a piece of origami?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
How awesome would be if Clark emerged as a really solid LT by the end of the season? I am hopeful. He can be as good as the crappy offensive linemen that Manning won his SB with, right now. And our O-line coaching staff is phenomenal. I am not ready to throw away the season yet. Our division is improved, but not that much.
Only the biggest pessimists in the world would be ready to do that.

We are still the class of the AFC, even without Clady.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
How awesome would be if Clark emerged as a really solid LT by the end of the season? I am hopeful. He can be as good as the crappy offensive linemen that Manning won his SB with, right now. And our O-line coaching staff is phenomenal. I am not ready to throw away the season yet. Our division is improved, but not that much.
Why not? Manny Ramirez has done pretty well. Everyone here thought he was garbage, but he's actually been pretty impressive IMHO. It's not like they're bringing in some bum off the street that's never practiced with the Broncos. I have to think the relatively soft upcoming schedule will only help Clark get his feet under him. The O-line will have all season to gel, in plenty of time for the playoffs.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Why not? Manny Ramirez has done pretty well. Everyone here thought he was garbage, but he's actually been pretty impressive IMHO. It's not like they're bringing in some bum off the street that's never practiced with the Broncos. I have to think the relatively soft upcoming schedule will only help Clark get his feet under him. The O-line will have all season to gel, in plenty of time for the playoffs.
Yup. Yesterday, I was all depressed. And in just 24 hours, while I agree it sucks to lose Clady, I am absolutely still of the belief we should run away with the AFC (barring anymore significant injuries).
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,040
Default

Its more about Manning getting HIT after he throws MORE often is main concern. Not that we still aren't good.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Its more about Manning getting HIT after he throws MORE often is main concern. Not that we still aren't good.
Manning will be fine. After 4 neck surgeries, he's more than paid his dues to the injury gods.



And my biggest concern isn't him getting hit.....it's him just having to get rid of the ball sooner, meaning fewer deep routes, fewer big plays in our offense, etc. Therefore, it's much easier on opposing defenses, with them having the ability to sit on short routes.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Nice points to hear from Schlereth.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Manning will be fine. After 4 neck surgeries, he's more than paid his dues to the injury gods.



And my biggest concern isn't him getting hit.....it's him just having to get rid of the ball sooner, meaning fewer deep routes, fewer big plays in our offense, etc. Therefore, it's much easier on opposing defenses, with them having the ability to sit on short routes.

And those little yellow things that fly onto the field after a hold.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Manning will be fine. After 4 neck surgeries, he's more than paid his dues to the injury gods.



And my biggest concern isn't him getting hit.....it's him just having to get rid of the ball sooner, meaning fewer deep routes, fewer big plays in our offense, etc. Therefore, it's much easier on opposing defenses, with them having the ability to sit on short routes.
This too
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
wyobronco
Gradishar for HOF
 
wyobronco's Avatar
 
Maybe the fat man again?

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokely
Default

The 98 lost Gary Zimmerman (to retirement, not injury) and T-Bone stepped right in and the o-line just kept trucking. Denver is now down 3 All-Pros (assuming Champ is still not ready) and is still the class of the AFC. Depth is a beautiful thing.
wyobronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobronco View Post
Depth is a beautiful thing.
My wife keeps telling me that in the bedroom.

Ba-da-bing.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

It is comforting to know there aren't going to be many Suggs and Dumerville combinations even among the playoff teams.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Denver Broncos