The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Default Nice and quiet in here...

Ahhhh...

Enjoy the respite while you can, brothers.

Whoever is responsible for giving us these last few days of peace deserves a huge thank you.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Meck77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

I think after 13 years in this forum the old timers have come to the same conclusion. While some battle the party lines to the bitter end insulting one another the reality is it's all BS.

Carlin sums it up in 3:15 seconds. You can spend your days wasting time telling others they are wrong, working for someone else, working for the owners, or get your **** together.

The notion that it's better in other countries Mexico is even more absurd.

There is an amazing amount of opportunity in America if you take what Carlin has to heart. We won't be part of the club but you can ride the same trends the big boys do but you have to be aware of them.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-18-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Opportunity my ass.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-esk...b_3945247.html

Methinks you have hopelessly misread Carlin's point.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 09-18-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Ahhhh...

Enjoy the respite while you can, brothers.

Whoever is responsible for giving us these last few days of peace deserves a huge thank you.

Perhaps reality is actually starting to get through to a few people?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Carlin sums it up in 3:15 seconds. You can spend your days wasting time telling others they are wrong, working for someone else, working for the owners, or get your **** together.
JFC folks open your eyes, I see business opportunities everywhere I go and in everything I do.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
JFC folks open your eyes, I see business opportunities everywhere I go and in everything I do.
Pony Boy working:

W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
You a bankruptcy attorney?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

I think after 13 years in this forum the old timers have come to the same conclusion. While some battle the party lines to the bitter end insulting one another the reality is it's all BS.

The notion that it's better in other countries Mexico is even more absurd.

There is an amazing amount of opportunity in America if you take what Carlin has to heart. We won't be part of the club but you can ride the same trends the big boys do but you have to be aware of them.

This is a great example of taking what someone says and applying your own interpretation without knowing who the person was who said it. My guess is 100 years from now after everyone who saw him speak and knew what he stood for, people like you will quote Carlin as a champion of capitalism.

Makes me wonder how many other people's quotes have been co-opted and corrupted over the years. I'm sure we can start with the Founding Fathers.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Funny to see how the Heritage Foundation reads TR's "The New Nationalism" speech through their libertarian colored glasses: http://www.heritage.org/initiatives/...ew-nationalism

The out-of-control greed at the top guarantees that we're headed for class conflict.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Perhaps reality is actually starting to get through to a few people?
I think it is. The turning point may have been Obama backing down to Putin. Congress taking a stand and maybe just maybe not listening to the owners saying let's bomb another country.

There is a huge amount of opportunity for the haves. No question about it. Carlin isn't talking about them.

Tens of millions lost their homes to the owners. These owners are now selling them at close to the prices they were pre bust. Just one example.

One doesn't need millions to follow their lead. There is a very clear distinct trend when you are tuned in and it's the best mutual fund one can be in.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

You people need to realize that you don't know everything and you aren't always right. Have some humility.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Pony Boy working:

Quote:
I see your point and it would be a good topic for discussion but you have to put up with crap like this. It will never change ...........
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #13
Meck77

Quote:
I see your point and it would be a good topic for discussion but you have to put up with crap like this. It will never change ...........
Pony Boy I don't agree with everything Carlin says but he really does make it a point to call out BS.

We can only really take care of our own BS before we can help someone else with theirs. I've always had a low tolerance for BS but I think my meter has been reset.

For crying out loud we have people trying to convince us there are lizard people walking among us, that we should accept higher taxes because it's the right thing to do, we should give up our guns because mentally insane people go on shooting sprees and that maybe the government brainwashed them into doing it....so on and so on. lol

Anyway fellas enjoy the day. It was quiet in here. Maybe carlins little rant will kick up some activity!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

well the GOP did present a plan to replace obamacare, no specifics of course including how much it would cost.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
well the GOP did present a plan to replace obamacare, no specifics of course including how much it would cost.
Romney:

Quote:
Well, we do provide care for people who don't have insurance, people -- we- if someone has a heart attack, they don't sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care...Some provide that care through clinics. Some provide the care through emergency rooms. In my state, we found a solution that worked for my state. But I wouldn't take what we did in Massachusetts and say to Texas, "You've got to take the Massachusetts model."
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
You people need to realize that you don't know everything and you aren't always right. Have some humility.
I don't know who you're referring to here, but all I do is look at history and then watch it get repeated, over and over again.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Romney:
Romney also advocated starting a business by borrowing money from your parents, which sounds suspiciously like what Meck is suggesting.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #18
Meck77

More BS from the fed! Been calling their BS they are going to taper off QE for many months now. Straight up liars.

$85,000,000,000 a month. A month! A month!

Well like I said. You got to follow the trend of the big boys....

Last edited by Meck77; 09-18-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

IMHO, as long as we continue to allow this extreme inequality to continue, our economy will continue to stagnate or regress. We have allowed the creation of a (supposedly) consumer-based system that removes wealth from those who would spend it and funnels it to those who won't. It's like tying a bungee cord around your neck and jumping from a bridge. Sure, you won't hit the bottom, but it won't really matter. We need an economy that serves the interests of more than just 1% of the people. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert...b_3935173.html

It's always interesting to me to hear the spokesmen for the rich blame it on globalization. "We can't do anything about job loss or wealth redistribution because it's just the forces of globalization at work," is their whine. Meanwhile, their income goes up a third.

Any minute now, trickle down will begin.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
IMHO, as long as we continue to allow this extreme inequality to continue, our economy will continue to stagnate or regress. We have allowed the creation of a (supposedly) consumer-based system that removes wealth from those who would spend it and funnels it to those who won't. It's like tying a bungee cord around your neck and jumping from a bridge. Sure, you won't hit the bottom, but it won't really matter. We need an economy that serves the interests of more than just 1% of the people. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert...b_3935173.html

It's always interesting to me to hear the spokesmen for the rich blame it on globalization. "We can't do anything about job loss or wealth redistribution because it's just the forces of globalization at work," is their whine. Meanwhile, their income goes up a third.

Any minute now, trickle down will begin.
Yep, t continually amazes me how many people simple can't wrap their pea brains around the idea that without demand for goods and services generated by the masses, there won't be a single new job created no matter how much money you shovel at the "job creators".
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Yep, t continually amazes me how many people simple can't wrap their pea brains around the idea that without demand for goods and services generated by the masses, there won't be a single new job created no matter how much money you shovel at the "job creators".
The only jobs they seem able to create is for more bank tellers in the Caymans.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 09-19-2013 at 11:12 AM..
Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The turning point may have been Obama backing down to Putin.
Always consider other perspectives, and not just those force fed to you.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/...r-the-day-264/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

Yup...opinions are like aholes!

It's estimated Mother Russia has sold $5,000,000,000 worth of weapons to syria.

We're just trying to figure out how to keep our own government from shutting down.

Russia basically is playing 5 card draw with two Aces on the draw.

We're holding a 2, 4, 8, 5 and jack=Jack ****.

I'm fine with it really. Russia can flex it's muscle in the middle east. Let them. It hasn't done us any good the last 15 years or more. If israel doesn't like it they can take on russia!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

1% got 95% of recovery gains:
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/hedg...ich-4B11199524
Old 09-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #25
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

I love how he also says Obama "backed down" to Putin and Congress "took a stand".

Congress didn't do anything, they didn't even have a vote. They could have, but they didn't because they didn't want to air that dirty laundry in the midterms. Now everyone can say they were right.

Can't have it both ways.