The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #51
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

People joining after "Gutless Drunk" thread aka The Day Shanahan was fired should be banned every few years just to remind them that they will always be newbies to us old timers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #52
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I was up late last night trying to work with my support on getting this squared away. Long story short, I had an algorithm go haywire when it was cleaning up about 25 thousand spammer accounts, and it ended up clipping into some of the real ones. I'm not sure what went wrong, it worked in my test environment.

In any case, I'm still looking into this.
I think OL#7 got nuked also, I only know this because it says N/A next to his reps. Seems like there is something positive about the rep system after all!

OL#7 sends me lots of cool Spinal Tap quotes when he likes my posts which is the reason I remember his account and who it was who sent them.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #53
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

My big take-away from this whole experience is that I don't get nearly enough rep from people who have joined since 2010.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #54
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
My big take-away from this whole experience is that I don't get nearly enough rep from people who have joined since 2010.
Don't sweat it. THose that joined in 2010 and after have reps that you receive 1/8th of an old timer. What you want to do is kiss ass to those that have been here at least 5 years. Kissing the newbies ass just isn't worth the rep chance of getting a neg rep from an old fart.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #55
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Don't sweat it. THose that joined in 2010 and after have reps that you receive 1/8th of an old timer. What you want to do is kiss ass to those that have been here at least 5 years. Kissing the newbies ass just isn't worth the rep chance of getting a neg rep from an old fart.
Next fall, we're going to have to have a little celebration for ten years here! There are some good people that joined in the fall of 2004 (if I may say so meself)!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #56
Bronco Yoda

Dom, you got your account back. Congrats dude
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #57
canadianbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Damn went from Ring of Famer to just drafted
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #58
shanananananahan
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This is like...... high school all over again.
shanananananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #59
stopgap
Chicken

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lost mine too. Same username. I rarely post so I'm not as impacted I guess.
stopgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #60
Original#7

Yep broncosteven, I was nuked as well (ol#7). An all new Spinal Tap rep coming your way!

Ah well, if its gone I guess its a fresh start. At least it didnt take several months to get this account approved like it did the old one. Missed posting during the McD run waiting for approval.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #61
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Time flies when one's having fun -- back in 2001 when the Mane was brand-new, our twin sons were 8 years old. One of those boys got married on Sunday (we were forced to DVR the game and avoid all possibilities of hearing the game's outcome until we were able to watch) and they'll be turning 21 in a few months. (the point of this randomness? Whatever happened, it wasn't me who did it. )
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #62
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Bad news/good news update - While I don't have hope of recovering the old accounts, I have been contacted by our sister forum, Chiefs Planet, who says they have a script that I can use to associate newly created accounts with all of the old data. I've got a healthy amount of skepticism about it, but I'm hopeful given that they say it's worked for them.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #63
Original#7

Taco, if the old account is gone, I would just assume 'start over' with this one. Its just good to know that it was a system glitch and not an outright purge (seen that happen on a Disney board).

I waited a couple of days before creating this account to see if it would come back, but it is not really a big deal. New season, new account, Go Broncos!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #64
Nicholas
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

I don't have to get my old account back either TJ. What ever is easiest on you in fine with me.
Nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #65
canadianbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Quote:
Bad news/good news update - While I don't have hope of recovering the old accounts, I have been contacted by our sister forum, Chiefs Planet, who says they have a script that I can use to associate newly created accounts with all of the old data. I've got a healthy amount of skepticism about it, but I'm hopeful given that they say it's worked for them.
By sister you mean that time your mother did methamphetamine whilst pregnant?
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #66
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Dang
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #67
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
To clarify a bit, you should be able to (one-by-one) re-associate everyone who has re-registered with their old threads and posts. Unfortunately, everything else in terms of user settings, etc. will need to be redone. Join dates and that type of thing can, of course, be manually adjusted in the AdminCP.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #68
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Is there any way we can choose which posts we would like to be reassociated with?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #69
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original#7 View Post
Taco, if the old account is gone, I would just assume 'start over' with this one. Its just good to know that it was a system glitch and not an outright purge (seen that happen on a Disney board).

I waited a couple of days before creating this account to see if it would come back, but it is not really a big deal. New season, new account, Go Broncos!
So I'm stuck with this one. Meh. As long as the stats come back like join date posts count rep etc I'm fine and if not, it is what it is

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 09-18-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #70
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

So, I was just looking through the group that joined at the end of 2004, and I came across a name I haven't seen in a long time. Does anyone know what happened to Bronx33? He just stopped posting one day.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #71
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I would hate to think that CP is our "sister forum". I also think they just gave you a virus that will wipe us all out....except Watermock.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #72
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
So, I was just looking through the group that joined at the end of 2004, and I came across a name I haven't seen in a long time. Does anyone know what happened to Bronx33? He just stopped posting one day.
PM him. I also stopped one day but then I came back the next day. I have that pattern throughout my time here.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #73
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original#7 View Post

Way too much info. I can only imagine the fat chicks that are on the Disney Forums. When I think of a Disney Forum, I think of Fat chicks playing make believe that they are some princess and their real life is nothing close as their Disney fantasy.

(I know I could have kept it to myself but I see these people aka "pinners" at Disneyland.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #74
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

<------------ barely made it
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #75
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanananananahan View Post
Hey there, folks! This is Punisher. It appears my old account is no longer valid on this message board, so I made a temporary new one until this cyberfracas gets sorted out. Hopefully it's not too much trouble for you, Taco.

Thanks again for keeping this place up and running the way you do. We all appreciate it very much.
LMAO!!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote