The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default DAT DEFENSE! (2 weeks in a row)

Held Giants to 23 yards on 19 carries...1.2 ypc.

Giants were 1-11 on 3rd downs.

Despite getting flagged 13 times for 132 by horrible refs, getting put with their backs against the walls they forced 3 FGs, we all know it should of been 4 FGs if it wasn't for that horrible call against DRC that lead to the Jacobs rushing TD.

No touchdowns caught by WRs or TEs

4 Interceptions!

Only TD given up in the air was a garbage time TD to the RB.

Everyone thought we would struggle a lot because we don't have Von Miller the best player on our defense, and Champ Bailey future HOF CB, but I gotta tip my hat to Jack Del Rio, John Fox and the rest of the coaching staff on D. Linebacker play has been pretty good.

Knighton is a wall in the middle of that defense, I thought poor pre-season but wow does he look great with Vickerson the last 2 games, I am so excited about this and hope the play continues. Nacho brings that physical presence we have been lacking. DRC young potential to be a shutdown corner we need to lock this guy up along with Harris. Trevathan flys around and makes plays, that blitz he had wooo nice he needs to stay at WLB and Wood stays at MLB when Von comes back I love this LB core. Too many guys to name kudos to all.

[[Currently the #1 Rush Defense in the NFL through 2 weeks allowing only 40 yds a game, 2.0 ypc]]
[[Giving up only 55% completion percentage to QBs through 2 weeks]]
[[And my favorite stat 27% 3rd down conversion percentage through 2 weeks]]

Just like Nacho says.

Last edited by KevinJames; 09-15-2013 at 11:06 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If the Defense keeps playing at this level I won't even be worried about Von and Champ!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

When we finally get a pass rush w/Von, this team will be scary.

I really believe this is the best team in the NFL, and it's the first time I've though that in a long time.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
Agamemnon

Lots of garbage yards and points the last two weeks that are going to get them underrated by the stat readers who call themselves analysts on ESPN and NFLN, but the truth is they are pretty damn good, even without Champ and Von.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Oh yeah this doesn't hurt either

I got this D in fantasy and he gives me points so I include him as part of the defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I was just about to post that in the main post but you posting it right after my post it is just as good!

Last edited by KevinJames; 09-15-2013 at 11:10 PM..
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Holy **** I just realised that on Holiday's return TD he only had one or two blocks from our guys. Half of our guys were on the other side of the field and only show up after he runs by them. Damn he's fast.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Holy **** I just realised that on Holiday's return TD he only had one or two blocks from our guys. Half of our guys were on the other side of the field and only show up after he runs by them. Damn he's fast.
Yeah, just watch those Giants players falling all over each other trying to catch him in that replay gif. It's crazy.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #9
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

If you had told me we would have won the first two games of the schedule (against the last two Super Bowl winners) by a combined 40 points without Von and Champ, I'd have been planning a parade a couple of weeks ago. As it is, I'm being a bit more cautious. Aside from requesting 2/2/2014 off.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

My biggest concern on D coming into the season besides losing doom was our safeties and man thats like the position that is shining big time right they are head hunters I love it, btw that call against Moore was BS and he won't get fined. Also when I say head hunters I mean that in a good way solid legal hits that can jar the ball lose and put an end to drives, both Moore and Nacho have been attacking the ball relentlessly

Last edited by KevinJames; 09-16-2013 at 12:00 AM..
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
My biggest concern on D coming into the season besides losing doom was our safeties and man thats like the position that is shining big time right they are head hunters I love it, btw that call against Moore was BS and he won't get fined. Also when I say head hunters I mean that in a good way solid legal hits that can jar the ball lose and put an end to drives, both Moore and Nacho have been attacking the ball relentlessly
Our entire secondary is playing awesome. Even Tony Carter is constantly in good position. He just needs to play smarter.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #12
Bronco Yoda

I love the aggressive nature of this D. They were flying around today. The score did not reflect just how well they played with all those BS calls. The run D was stout.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #13
DENVERDUI55

I loved the attitude that the D brought today. It's been awhile since I have seen such hard hits and attitude. It was great seeing the D shut that stupid look at me I'm charming soft dance Jacobs does. Danny T is really turning into a good lb too.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #14
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I still wish we had Doom. Sometimes our pass rush disappears.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #15
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
This. This. This. I've worried about our safety position since Atwater left. Lynch and Dawkins were nice but these guys are all over the place disrupting things. And yes the corners are amazing too. Finally a defense! When Von gets back I may go crazy!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I still wish we had Doom. Sometimes our pass rush disappears.
There usually is no pass rush without bringing 6. Only obvious weakness on this team.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Pass rush still a huge concern. Couldn't get pressure at all and very concerned about Phillips just disappearing all game. We got guys that can stop the run, need someonoe to step up and fill Doom's pass rushing void.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #18
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?

Protect "The Neck"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs

Did not see Shaun Phillips......interesting.....Wolfe and Ayers at the ends all game and Irving played the whole game....wow
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #19
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
The advantage of having a former NCAA 100 m champion, nobody on the field will catch him.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #20
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Agreed. Moore is playing very well. In regards to the hit....he did the same thing last week when he hit Dallas Clark.....there was no helmet to helmet.....just a beautiful lowering of the shoulder, delivered to the chest.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The advantage of having a former NCAA 100 m champion, nobody on the field will catch him.
Flip is a beast!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #22
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Von Miller back, and Nate Irving out will be a MAJOR upgrade. Can't wait.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #23
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Pass rush still a huge concern. Couldn't get pressure at all and very concerned about Phillips just disappearing all game. We got guys that can stop the run, need someonoe to step up and fill Doom's pass rushing void.
I don't know, man... 3 sacks one game (against a backup LT), and 0 sacks the next (pretty much disappeared). That feels like a Doom game to me. I loved the guy, but he was inconsistent. Think we'll just have to wait to see how the whole year plays out before we can make a call of how much Doom was missed.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #24
DENVERDUI55

I wonder how much Nacho's fine is going to be for blowing up Myers when he was just running his pass route.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #25
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Von Miller back, and Nate Irving out will be a MAJOR upgrade. Can't wait.
I don't remember seeing Nate Irving on defense at all yesterday...