The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #26
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange skier View Post
G Men were given 10 first downs from penalties. None for us. Lopsided whore-irble. Tony Carter just can't cover and look back for the ball. Otherwise the calls today were horse manure.
What?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #27
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

I'm not worried about this. crap like this is a great teaching moment for when the refs are gonna **** us over in January. Great opprotunity for DRC and Carter to learn about looking for the ball, making it tough for the refs to justify throwing the flag they so desperately want to throw.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #28
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #29
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

What was the refs name? I've seen him a lot before and never had an issue but he looks like he is right out of central casting for the Sopranos...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #30
BroncsCheer

Seratore
Old 09-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #31
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I heard on the light rail that this crew actually scored the Mayweather fight a draw.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #32
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
good thing the bad calls were equally distributed.

Giants 4-16 (2 of these were so blatant offsides they had no choice but to call them)

Broncos 13-132
**** that ****

Im taking solace in the fact that we ARE the best team in the league right now, everything else be damned. Ive watched all the games thru 2 weeks and from top to bottom we're the best. They can try and **** us if they want like the Baltimore game, but we know.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #33
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Seratore
I call him Stachatory.

I accompanied my buddy to a Dolphins Steelers game 2-3 years ago, and he blew that game Ed Hauchuli style with a Big Ben fumble in the endzone. I acctually texted that friend and let him know Stachatory was calling the game, then lo-and-behold 16 BS flags.

I almost punched my windshield at a yellow light this morning because of PTFD.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #34
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
**** that ****

Im taking solace in the fact that we ARE the best team in the league right now, everything else be damned. Ive watched all the games thru 2 weeks and from top to bottom we're the best. They can try and **** us if they want like the Baltimore game, but we know.
The only team that might challenge us is Seattle.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #35
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

It's one thing for penalties to be lopsided in a game where a team is outmatched - that makes sense. But the team that got torched for 41 points drew almost no defensive penalties? While the other team got 132 yds worth? It was odd to say the least.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #36
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

The most poorly-officiated game since the Ravens/Broncos playoff game.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #37
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I have to put my 2cents in here. It was sad to see. The PI calls, 3 of them were absolute horsecrap. The taunting call was total BS. I agree that 7 points came from the refs. And then yeah, MB cost us another TD. This game was a blowout but it should have been a really really bad blowout.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #38
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
The PI calls, 3 of them were absolute horsecrap.
Yup, very much like the Ravens playoff game the Broncos got the short end of the stick on all these calls. Meanwhile Amukamara had a fist full of Decker's jersey on a play in the 1st quarter and no flag.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #39
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, very much like the Ravens playoff game the Broncos got the short end of the stick on all these calls. Meanwhile Amukamara had a fist full of Decker's jersey on a play in the 1st quarter and no flag.
The refs know that Decker cries and moans after everytime he drops the ball or can't come up with the tough catch. There were a large amount of 1st downs by penalties and a lot of them were deserving but there were a lot of ticky tack calls too. The aggressive way Denver played yesterday will get you a lot of close calls going against you.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #40
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

How about that taunting call after we held them at the goal line? Two players jawwing at each other and - boom! - 1st down for Giants, what a surprise.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #41
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The aggressive way Denver played yesterday will get you a lot of close calls going against you.
This doesn't excuse making bad/wrong calls, nor inconsistency between the way it's called on one team vs. the other. And just because Decker does what he does doesn't mean they should be allowed to grab his jersey.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #42
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The refs know that Decker cries and moans after everytime he drops the ball or can't come up with the tough catch. There were a large amount of 1st downs by penalties and a lot of them were deserving but there were a lot of ticky tack calls too. The aggressive way Denver played yesterday will get you a lot of close calls going against you.
Why? Pitt and Balt got away with it in years past, and Seattle gets away with it now.
sgbfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #43
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I honestly can't think of any WR that doesn't look to a ref when he thinks he was fouled. Some are more animated then others but pretty much almost all of them complain in some fashion or another. I don't think Decker is really any more excessive then the others and I watch like 5 different games a week.

The refs are just pussies. The DRC PI call was total BS. He didn't turn the guy, he didn't hold the guy. He got the ball clean. The hand is allowed to be on the back. But you get a ref who panics because he sees that hand back there and it's a home game for the Gaints and the flag flies. I thought one of Carter's PI calls was very shaky at best as well. He was stride for stride, didn't grab the guy, didn't force him out. He's allowed to have his space as well. You don't have to turn your head and look for the ball if you're not fouling the guy. I think that's another case where you have a ref who's really focusing on that 1 single aspect and when he doesn't see the head turn, and when he's that close, the flag flies. Which is a shame because he was doing nothing to the WR to prevent him from trying to make a catch. And I think probably the worst was the taunt. OMG, 2 guys get up from the tackle and are face to face for 2 frickin seconds, yeah, such an obvious taunt. Just a pathetic flag there. Guys are gonna jaw a little bit. Taunting to me standing over a guy while he's down and staying there too long, or spiking a ball at a player, etc. Not a little face to face conversation for a few seconds.

But I always say to myself, if I'm a coach in this league, I'm telling my players every practice, before every game. Expect bad calls. We have to be good enough to beat the other team and a few bad calls along the way.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #44
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #45
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

The personal foul against The Dream was BS too. That was just a hard hit ...shoulder to chest.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
The personal foul against The Dream was BS too. That was just a hard hit ...shoulder to chest.
You cant have hard hits in the NFL anymore. Regardless of whether they are clean or not.

Its lame.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #47
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

The only defensive holding/PI call I agreed with was on carter when he throat punched Myers, and it negated a fumble recovery.

And all wide receivers b**** to ref's about PI. It is not exclusive to Decker.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #48
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Carlos Danger on the Call...sexting Broncosteven...
Attached Images

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 09-16-2013 at 08:40 PM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #49
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I text my bro-in-law during the game (who is a huge Giants fan) and his response was "NFL is designed for parity - all games must be close to keep people watching. Refs do that job."

I was expecting a fight, but I just had to nod my head in agreement.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #50
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You cant have hard hits in the NFL anymore. Regardless of whether they are clean or not.

Its lame.
Until they release and profit on "the greatest hits of 2013" or w/e blu-ray.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote