The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #76
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Only opened the thread because I thought maybe it mentioned Colts actually reached out to Denver to inquire about a RB.

Nope.

Just OMane GMs making trades. Which is fine and all....except if they had their way, we would have 53 draft picks in the next 3 drafts (of course they'd all be in the top 3 rounds) and couldn't field a team this yr.

(and we'd trade those selections in '14, '15, '16 for more draft picks...)
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #77
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Only person who I would be willing to get trade at this point would be CJ.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #78
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Only person who I would be willing to get trade at this point would be CJ.
CJ has an outside shot of being a FA breakout. I don't think I'd be willing to trade that possibility away for what would probably be a 7th rounder.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #79
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
IOAFM said it best just a few days ago. moreno is our kevin faulk. "he plays winning football"
Yes, I saw that. For those who didn't, see item 9 in the article linked below.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ncos-vs-ravens
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #80
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I'd trade all our running backs straight up for Luck and laugh all the way to the bank
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #81
Bacchus

Quote:
news flash. the nfl doesnt hand out 2nd 3rd or even 4th round picks for a mediocre running back on the last year of his contract. if we were to trade him i doubt wed get much more than a conditional sixth which isnt worth it on our end.

IOAFM said it best just a few days ago. moreno is our kevin faulk. "he plays winning football"
We are not talking about what the Colts would pay for Moreno. WHat would you be willing to give up to send Moreno to Indy? Would you take a 4th? Would you take a 3rd? Where are you drawing the line?

I wonder if the Texans would part with Ben Tate? Is he any better than Moreno?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #82
BroncosfanGuy

some of these trade ideas probably wouldn't even work in Madden
Old 09-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #83
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Can i buy some weed from you?
Old 09-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #84
g6matty

Quote:
We are not talking about what the Colts would pay for Moreno. WHat would you be willing to give up to send Moreno to Indy? Would you take a 4th? Would you take a 3rd? Where are you drawing the line?

With the way we've been drafting it doesn't matter besides trevathan what late round guy worked out for us ? Our top three rookies aren't doing ishh either. Elways great in free agency but ehhh in the draft unfortunately
Old 09-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #85
Action

Quote:
With the way we've been drafting it doesn't matter besides trevathan what late round guy worked out for us ? Our top three rookies aren't doing ishh either. Elways great in free agency but ehhh in the draft unfortunately
Seriously?

What late round guys work for any teams? Do you know the %'s of players drafted that make teams let alone play or start?

If Elway is ehhh in the draft, I'd like to know what GM you think is at least ok in the draft.

Julius Thomas was drafted in the 4th...just saying.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #86
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Teams that are deep with talent don't tend to have rookies that contribute a lot, especially late round rookies. It's not a necessity and you have the luxury of letting them spend time maturing so that they are ready when we are ready for them.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #87
g6matty

im about to do some digging but off the top of my head we drafted omar bolden before brandon boykin -- **** selection. and ronnie hilman over robert turbin. give me some time im going to compile a list of who we drafted vs players available and are outplaying them. i love the broncos just as much as anybody else i cannot stand the biased on this forum some time. you guys have no objectivity and suck off elway so bad as if he cannot do so wrong. u blame it on oh our roster is so stacked bla bla, its called competition and the best man plays. hes found some gems in chris harris and ihenacho so far. im not sure thats a good thing. he needs to start making these draft pick counts. wolfe looks like a player a lone with von rahim and orlando. julius thomas had 1 great game and hes the fourth receiving threat on the team lets wait and see on that , we shouldnt be crowning him the next shannon sharpe just yet.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #88
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Teams that are deep with talent don't tend to have rookies that contribute a lot, especially late round rookies. It's not a necessity and you have the luxury of letting them spend time maturing so that they are ready when we are ready for them.
It took a couple years to develop Orange Julius. Trevathan and Irving are being eased into their roles.

They totally hit on Wolfe last year and uncovered Duke this year. Hillman and Ball will get better. We have the luxury of letting Williams develop as he plays, Smith gets an IR year to go the Orange Julius route as does McCray.

I am not sure why they felt the need to draft a WR but King is on the PS and has time to develop and learn the system. Maybe they are afraid of being forced to overpay for Decker or hope King can out play Caldwell.

I like the moves we have made so far, even using a 2nd round pick on Ossweiler. Rodgers shows what a guy can develop into after sitting for a couple years and letting the game slow down.

If you look at the Gints roster all but one of their DL studs during their last 2 SB wins were from the 3-5th rounds.

I like the team John is building.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #89
g6matty

okay so ill start out this comment by stating yes i know these guys are all young and have time to develope but these are the facts. we had the same scouting capability as every other team in the league. if we want to be a a+ orginzation we need to draft well theres no way around it. the great teams in the league need to hit in the draft and often. no bodys draft is ever perfect but some things are no brainers . this is what i came up with.

starting with the 2011 draft ill say i ****ing loved it. von miller the best at his position to open it up. then we got rahim moore a top 15 safety -- on the safe side , per PFF he was the 10th safety last year. playing it safe again we got a top 10 RT , per PFF i think he graded out as the fifth. im a supporter of nate irvin he makes those Bmore Manning Flash plays. he hasnt got his shot until this year but hes starting off on a good note -- like the pick. on to quinton carter. he played as a rookie and personally i thought we had our two safeties of the future. hes hit some bad luck with injuries so well see what happens. i dont think he makes the team next year if he knee doesnt hold up - he has a shot though with adams walking in FA. ill give the pick a C for now. and now onto our budding star with orange julius. his first two years he was irrelavant but now hes bursted onto the scene this season. ill admit he has great talent and hes flashed his upside this past week , we just need to see if he can stay healthy. everybody KILLS KNOWSHON for his durability but they praise orange julius. you guys are ****ed up in this reguard. it would be nice if yall were more consistent in this regard. virgil green is a wash. 7th rouder who is good on special teams and decent blocker -- what ever, no big deal.

ONTO 2012....

DEREK WOLFENATORRR. i like the pick but lets take a look at who was stil available... ok so say we sat at 28 we could of gotten doug martin... the team was clearly eyeing the guard that steelers stole but thats a blessing. hes looked like **** so far and he just took out pounceys ACL if i remember correctly. we can all agree that doug martin would have effected this team way more positivley then derek does. mykael kendricks bobby wagner and lavonte david we all on the board.. id argue that any of those guys would upgrade our defense more , give us a leader in the middle and they all can cover. im a derek wolfe fan and truly beleive he has 10 sack a year upside. im just waiting to see it come out.

oswieler - i wont comment on this pick because we wont know until hes the starter

ahhhhhh MrHillman2u (for those who dont know thats his twitter handle) i must admit cecil lammey pimped him out to be "lesean mccoy 2.0* and up to this point hes completely wrong. i watched his youtubes after he was drafted and i had some hope for this kid but meh was i wrong. RBs have continuously came out and balled in their rookie seasons and hes shown nothing more than a little speed. he never makes anybody miss nor does he have the vision to hit a huge cutback for a long gain. bernard peirce lamar miller and robert turbin were all available.. at this point and for the future id take any of those guys. FAIL PICK

philip blake... lol ... we could have chosen anybody but this guy COMPLETE FAIL.

malik jackson!!! i like the pick have nothin bad to say. the guy flashed a little pass rush ability in the preseason and im looking forward to seein him apply some pressure in the regular season.. if we cross our fingers he may be able to fill into robert ayers role when we let him walk. personally im not against going DE first round next year. wed have alot of young guys -- quentarus malik and the first rounder to pair with von for the future (until he fails another drug test)... B GRADE

danny trevathan !!! nailed the pick hes a beast congrats elway

2013 draft

sly williams -- ill wait and see on this i understand dlineman need to get accustomed to NFL strength and what not.. i am worried a bit that he hasnt flashed anything in pre season you would think hed be able to with all the talent he has. im in favor of the pick and hopeing hes our DT of the future. vickerson wont be here forever hes getting old !

montee ball..... i do not like this pick what so ever especially with the RB i prefered stil available . i understand hes a smart guy hes blue collar worker and he understands the zone running scheme. i think john fox lost his touch a bit .. where is our freaking deangelo williams and johnathan stuarts!!!.. christine michael was available who i truly believe is the best runner of the class. i too would have passed on lacy. his running style and etc i believe will be oft injured and hes lacking that extra gear michael possesses.

kayvon webster- i like what the kid showed that fourth game against arizona he can hit and is pretty sticky. i was disappointed to see that when the lights came on he gave up a touchdown to marlon brown (UDFA) . he wasnt able to play when it was time to. brandon williams (DT) ace sanders (WR) alek okafor (DE) and lattimore were all selected after him.. all players who we can use and probably have higher ceilings. we have a stacked group of DBs hes probably the fifth guy .. any of those players would actually play meaningful snaps for us .

quentarus smith- ill wait on this guy. ive got high hopes for him i hope he regains that burst he flashed in college... would be amazing to get a guy to pair with von for the next ten years !!!

tavares king and vinston painter.. meh on these two. understandably they didnt make the team with the "stacked" roster we have. moth position groups are pretty hard to make cant fault them there. but i will add no team even claimed them so that shows to there talent level.

like i said guys im a bronco lover and the draft is a crap shoot. but i do believe i make valid points by pointing out guys with obvious amounts of more talent then the players we selected. im not even putting in hundreds of hours of scouting and i can tell these guys are ballers.

can we stick to a football debate here please i dont wana read everyones comments b****ing about my spelling and grammar errors. if i actually gave a **** i would have spell checked this.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #90
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
okay so ill start out this comment by stating yes i know these guys are all young and have time to develope but these are the facts. we had the same scouting capability as every other team in the league. if we want to be a a+ orginzation we need to draft well theres no way around it. the great teams in the league need to hit in the draft and often. no bodys draft is ever perfect but some things are no brainers . this is what i came up with.

starting with the 2011 draft ill say i ****ing loved it. von miller the best at his position to open it up. then we got rahim moore a top 15 safety -- on the safe side , per PFF he was the 10th safety last year. playing it safe again we got a top 10 RT , per PFF i think he graded out as the fifth. im a supporter of nate irvin he makes those Bmore Manning Flash plays. he hasnt got his shot until this year but hes starting off on a good note -- like the pick. on to quinton carter. he played as a rookie and personally i thought we had our two safeties of the future. hes hit some bad luck with injuries so well see what happens. i dont think he makes the team next year if he knee doesnt hold up - he has a shot though with adams walking in FA. ill give the pick a C for now. and now onto our budding star with orange julius. his first two years he was irrelavant but now hes bursted onto the scene this season. ill admit he has great talent and hes flashed his upside this past week , we just need to see if he can stay healthy. everybody KILLS KNOWSHON for his durability but they praise orange julius. you guys are ****ed up in this reguard. it would be nice if yall were more consistent in this regard. virgil green is a wash. 7th rouder who is good on special teams and decent blocker -- what ever, no big deal.

ONTO 2012....

DEREK WOLFENATORRR. i like the pick but lets take a look at who was stil available... ok so say we sat at 28 we could of gotten doug martin... the team was clearly eyeing the guard that steelers stole but thats a blessing. hes looked like **** so far and he just took out pounceys ACL if i remember correctly. we can all agree that doug martin would have effected this team way more positivley then derek does. mykael kendricks bobby wagner and lavonte david we all on the board.. id argue that any of those guys would upgrade our defense more , give us a leader in the middle and they all can cover. im a derek wolfe fan and truly beleive he has 10 sack a year upside. im just waiting to see it come out.

oswieler - i wont comment on this pick because we wont know until hes the starter

ahhhhhh MrHillman2u (for those who dont know thats his twitter handle) i must admit cecil lammey pimped him out to be "lesean mccoy 2.0* and up to this point hes completely wrong. i watched his youtubes after he was drafted and i had some hope for this kid but meh was i wrong. RBs have continuously came out and balled in their rookie seasons and hes shown nothing more than a little speed. he never makes anybody miss nor does he have the vision to hit a huge cutback for a long gain. bernard peirce lamar miller and robert turbin were all available.. at this point and for the future id take any of those guys. FAIL PICK

philip blake... lol ... we could have chosen anybody but this guy COMPLETE FAIL.

malik jackson!!! i like the pick have nothin bad to say. the guy flashed a little pass rush ability in the preseason and im looking forward to seein him apply some pressure in the regular season.. if we cross our fingers he may be able to fill into robert ayers role when we let him walk. personally im not against going DE first round next year. wed have alot of young guys -- quentarus malik and the first rounder to pair with von for the future (until he fails another drug test)... B GRADE

2013 draft

sly williams -- ill wait and see on this i understand dlineman need to get accustomed to NFL strength and what not.. i am worried a bit that he hasnt flashed anything in pre season you would think hed be able to with all the talent he has. im in favor of the pick and hopeing hes our DT of the future. vickerson wont be here forever hes getting old !

montee ball..... i do not like this pick what so ever especially with the RB i prefered stil available . i understand hes a smart guy hes blue collar worker and he understands the zone running scheme. i think john fox lost his touch a bit .. where is our freaking deangelo williams and johnathan stuarts!!!.. christine michael was available who i truly believe is the best runner of the class. i too would have passed on lacy. his running style and etc i believe will be oft injured and hes lacking that extra gear michael possesses.

kayvon webster- i like what the kid showed that fourth game against arizona he can hit and is pretty sticky. i was disappointed to see that when the lights came on he gave up a touchdown to marlon brown (UDFA) . he wasnt able to play when it was time to. brandon williams (DT) ace sanders (WR) alek okafor (DE) and lattimore were all selected after him.. all players who we can use and probably have higher ceilings. we have a stacked group of DBs hes probably the fifth guy .. any of those players would actually play meaningful snaps for us .

quentarus smith- ill wait on this guy. ive got high hopes for him i hope he regains that burst he flashed in college... would be amazing to get a guy to pair with von for the next ten years !!!

tavares king and vinston painter.. meh on these two. understandably they didnt make the team with the "stacked" roster we have. moth position groups are pretty hard to make cant fault them there. but i will add no team even claimed them so that shows to there talent level.

like i said guys im a bronco lover and the draft is a crap shoot. but i do believe i make valid points by pointing out guys with obvious amounts of more talent then the players we selected. im not even putting in hundreds of hours of scouting and i can tell these guys are ballers.

can we stick to a football debate here please i dont wana read everyones comments b****ing about my spelling and grammar errors. if i actually gave a **** i would have spell checked this.
WE COULD HAVE PICKED ED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #91
g6matty

nah man seriously tho lets ****in talk football. people clowned me for calling out elways drafting ability and now i backed it up with my arm chair scouting. imho he reaches ALOT and picks ****tier players at a position with an obviously better ones available.. or players of higher ceiling in another position of need . like i said hes great in free agency. hes landed manning welker and DRC. but lets not forget joe mays and porter last year... elway is far from perfect as a GM. hes probably pushing the top 10 in terms of GMs in the game today.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #92
Bacchus

Quote:
You cannot say that Elway isnot drafting well. He seems to be drafting very well if you ask me.

You can look back on every team in the NFL and say they shoul have drafted this player.... The issue are the Broncos drfating good players. NOT they should have drafted thsi other player.

Denver does draft good players. Wolfe is a good player thus they drafted well.

Last edited by Bacchus; 09-14-2013 at 10:13 PM..
Old 09-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #93
g6matty

i remember it like it was yesterday devon still sitting on the board so is jerel worthy im screaming at the tv for either guy.... DENVER SELECTS DT... DEREK WOLFE... my friends laughed me right out of my own living room like who is this guy.. same thing for ronnie hillman and omar bolden. he reaches all the time smh .
Old 09-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #94
g6matty

Quote:
You cannot say that Elway isnot drafting well. He seems to be drafting very well if you ask me.

You can look back on every team in the NFL and say they shoul have drafted this player.... The issue are the Broncos drfating good players. NOT they should have drafted thsi other player.

you say elways drafting well.. convince me man im not gonna take your word at face value. i listen every pick and alternativess that would have been better for our team..

derek wolfe is a GOOD player i agree.. but hes not GOOD enough to stop us from drafting a DT first over all again this year.. while signing 2 FA DT's .. wolfe is good but hes not the answer.. we need answers.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #95
g6matty

i would make an argument that wolfe is out of position at DE but we basically run so many fronts its hard to qualify him as strictly that. we run a lot of 3-4 looks etc... hes some more facts for ya bub

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...g-second-round

mayocks list going into round 2 when we selected wolfe and ya know what id rather have most of those players over wolfe
Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #96
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #97
Bacchus

Quote:
you say elways drafting well.. convince me man im not gonna take your word at face value. i listen every pick and alternativess that would have been better for our team..

derek wolfe is a GOOD player i agree.. but hes not GOOD enough to stop us from drafting a DT first over all again this year.. while signing 2 FA DT's .. wolfe is good but hes not the answer.. we need answers.
Yeah you know I do not have the time or want to do this, sorry. It just bores me. So I will say he has drafted well and that is all I am going to do. You can say or post whatever you want and to tell you the truth if it is too long I won't read it all and my opinion will stay the same. Have fun with it.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #98
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:

ONTO 2012....

2013 draft

Congrats on the write up, now go do this for every team in the league for the past 3 years and show me who is doing better and why. Or just show me 2 that you think did better.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #99
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
I do not get what you are saying here. What do you mean? No you can not buy any weed from me. I smoke it all myself.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #100
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:

Doug Martin would have have solved the drafting of two RB's. And get this, he is Ball/Hillman and more combined into one player. That was a ****up.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote