The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #2351
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
he's worth 6.5 million, easy. I mean we're already giving him 6 million, to go half a million more to buy extra years is a bargain. I'm assuming he'll want--and get--more than that. I know Roy wants him around, so if they stays as ugly as it is and ROR walks in two years, you have to wonder if it might be the beginnings of a rift between him and Sakic. and those are not words any Avs fan wants to even think about.
Sakic and Roy are on the same page. That will not be a issue.
The Avs think he is worth 6 mil. That's why they gave him six and argued that his previous deal was 6 mil because of the average since it started at 5.5

He is not easily worth 6.5, in reality he should be making 5-5.5 mil but his agent is a prick and attempts to come up with BS to support his arguments.
IE his "Best defensive forward of the last 25 years." when he tried to get the Avs to sign him for 6.5-7.0 just before he signed the offer sheet with Calgary.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #2352
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PK Subban signs extension with MTL.

8 years/ AAV 9.0 million
Old 08-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #2353
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
PK Subban signs extension with MTL.

8 years/ AAV 9.0 million
Once the cap goes up, PK will be underpaid.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #2354
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Kinda old news now but Holland signed a four-year extension with the Wings. Most Wings fans want to see the guy run out of town but I'm happy. Not really anyone out there to replace him anyway. He's done a lot for us over the years. He deserves a chance to build something new with the younger guys. He does need to make up his mind as to what direction he wants to take the team in though. He seems to be treating things like its still 2008. The downturn isn't entirely his fault though. We've lost some great players and had others pass on us for various reasons. Will be interesting to see what happens with Babs now. He may have been waiting to see what happened with Holland.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #2355
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

NHL to expand to 4 more teams by 2017

Report: Toronto, Seattle, Quebec City to join Vegas in 2017 NHL expansion:

https://twitter.com/NHLBlinn/status/504478567062056962
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #2356
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

I didn't go to the link.
So 2 Toronto teams then?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #2357
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I didn't go to the link.
So 2 Toronto teams then?
Correct. Vegas in 2016 I think, assuming Jerry Bruckheimer will be the owner.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #2358
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quebec? Will the nordiques be re-born?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:23 AM   #2359
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:

Don't think another team will succeed/have a significant following in Toronto, always wanted to see a team in Seattle, Quebec City is a pretty dang small market isn't it? Vegas is a terrible ****ing idea.

I was hoping the NHL was done expanding. Just start moving teams. There will be 50 teams in the NHL soon.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #2360
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I knew it was coming, but expanding when they should be contracting really ticks me off.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #2361
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

No, the NHL shouldn't contract at all. The issue was teams not making enough money due to venue issues and the TV deals not being big enough. That is no longer a issue for most.

Two teams in Toronto is about right, the Leafs will hate it and have been trying to block it for years but if NY can support multiple teams in multiple sports then Toronto will have no issue with supporting to ice hockey teams.

Not sure if the Nordiques would return. Avs still use a lot of their colors and designs for their alternate jersies.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #2362
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
No, the NHL shouldn't contract at all. The issue was teams not making enough money due to venue issues and the TV deals not being big enough. That is no longer a issue for most.
Your own words nail it. Most is not all. The NHL would be better off without Carolina and Florida at the very least.....and the talent is already watered down enough IMO.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #2363
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Your own words nail it. Most is not all. The NHL would be better off without Bettman at the very least.....and the talent is already watered down enough IMO.
FYP
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #2364
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

Two teams in Toronto is about right, the Leafs will hate it and have been trying to block it for years but if NY can support multiple teams in multiple sports then Toronto will have no issue with supporting to ice hockey teams.

Not sure if the Nordiques would return. Avs still use a lot of their colors and designs for their alternate jersies.
the avs franchise records for players and team history include the Nordiques. I think Quebec would start from scratch.

I think expanding in Toronto and Las Vegas is a terrible idea because both franchises would struggle to build a fanbase.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #2365
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Your own words nail it. Most is not all. The NHL would be better off without Carolina and Florida at the very least.....and the talent is already watered down enough IMO.
This. The overall quality of the game is going to go down with more and more teams competing for the players. I'd like to see the NHL cut down to 26 teams or so. And move some teams around instead of just adding new ones. This will put the NHL at 34 teams. When are they gonna stop?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #2366
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

****. Kansas City would be a much better market than Vegas. Not sure what the NHL is thinking with this. Not only is it about as "non-traditional" as it gets, its full of transplants too.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #2367
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Toronto can most certainly support a second team, the prices of tickets for a game are absolutely high. It's impossible to get season tickets because of the waitlist is so long.

Also the NHL will make roughly 300 million from each potential franchise, and none of it will go to the players.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #2368
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Toronto can most certainly support a second team, the prices of tickets for a game are absolutely high. It's impossible to get season tickets because of the waitlist is so long.

Also the NHL will make roughly 300 million from each potential franchise, and none of it will go to the players.
On paper I'm sure Toronto could support another team. Easily. I just think the Leafs maybe too entrenched in that city's heart and mind. Even with them being a failure for awhile.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #2369
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
On paper I'm sure Toronto could support another team. Easily. I just think the Leafs maybe too entrenched in that city's heart and mind. Even with them being a failure for awhile.
this^

I'm having a hard time believing the Toronto franchise is on board with this plan.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #2370
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
****. Kansas City would be a much better market than Vegas. Not sure what the NHL is thinking with this. Not only is it about as "non-traditional" as it gets, its full of transplants too.
Every city is full of transplants any more. While they may not get a huge fan base themselves right off the bat, people will come in droves to parlay a Vegas trip with seeing their team play an away game there. I know I would.

Probably won't have a big home ice advantage (unless the visiting teams get there early and partake in the local festivities the night before games).
Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #2371
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Only one team is still heavily struggling and that is Arizona due to not having a new arena yet. The new owners and the city are attempting to work on that.

I don't think the talent is watered down, the issue is the stupidity of teams both in the FA market and in the draft.
Most of the teams you might considered to be watered down made very poor choices in both and couldn't fix it before a deep slide occurred.
The Avs for instance were just in a horrible situation with very little talent, no true prospects in the system that could make a difference and a fan base that was not coming to games.
It has been turned around fairly quickly now.

Florida is building up talent and Tallon will eventually right that ship.
No teams should be contracted and expansion grows the pot for all teams with more revenue.

Quote:
It will be no different than US fans and football. They root for a team because it's close or because they like the game and choose to support that team. When a new one emerges they will shift to the new team if they like it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
this^

I'm having a hard time believing the Toronto franchise is on board with this plan.
Oh the Leafs are pissed. They have claimed territorial rights and everything for about 5 years now attempting to stop another team from being anywhere near Toronto, they do not want another Canadian team period.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #2372
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

It will be no different than US fans and football. They root for a team because it's close or because they like the game and choose to support that team. When a new one emerges they will shift to the new team if they like it better.

uhh a football fans allegiance is until death. (See chiefs, browns fans......poor bastards )
Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #2373
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

vikings fans will travel...pretty much every NFL team has fans that will travel.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #2374
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Only one team is still heavily struggling and that is Arizona due to not having a new arena yet. The new owners and the city are attempting to work on that.
Depends on how you define struggling. There are about 6-8 teams that are technically losing money every year, but stay afloat because they have stupid, but generous, investors pumping a ton of money into them.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #2375
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
And how many Toronto fans, who have been born and raised on the team and have the Leafs in their blood, are just gonna turn their back on them? I'm sure there is a certain segment of the fan base sufficiently pissed off at the team that will change sides but how many people is that really gonna be? This is like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, or Dallas getting a second football team.