The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 12:17 AM   #2026
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
**** it, I am saying it. The Avs win the cup next year.
We are going to trade for Kulikov and shore up our D and then light the NHL on fire.

Revenge of the Saint!
You're right about them needing to get some big time physicality. They should get a little strength as they get older, but for the most part they're all small dudes. Landeskog is the biggest by far and he's only 6'1" 205 lbs. Mackinnon, Stastny, and Duchene are all 6'0" 180 lbs.

They are going to have to start lifting some massive weights to be able to control the puck against other bigger, more physical teams.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:26 AM   #2027
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You're right about them needing to get some big time physicality. They should get a little strength as they get older, but for the most part they're all small dudes. Landeskog is the biggest by far and he's only 6'1" 205 lbs. Mackinnon, Stastny, and Duchene are all 6'0" 180 lbs.

They are going to have to start lifting some massive weights to be able to control the puck against other bigger, more physical teams.
I think the mindset is to be fast and skilled on the offensive end and let the blue line have the size. I still do not think they will go huge but will add some size to protect their guys from getting mugged.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #2028
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Mackinnon is 18, and he plays tough. I think he'll naturally pack on a few pounds, then theres the aforementioned weightlifting.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #2029
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:

You must have missed when Mac completely held his own vs Backes, one of the toughest power forwards in the league. At 18, he's going to fill out. Landy is also a lot closer to 220. Duchene... well, he just aint going to get much bigger.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #2030
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Props to the Kings. Was a very entertaining game last night. Gave the big viewing audiences several great games. Just wish it would have went 7 (and it was Ind vs SA so that nobody was watching the NBA).
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #2031
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogulseeker View Post
Mackinnon is 18, and he plays tough. I think he'll naturally pack on a few pounds, then theres the aforementioned weightlifting.
Mack is already around 190 so he will likely max out at around 205-210.
Which was Forsberg's weight in his prime.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #2032
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Mack is already around 190 so he will likely max out at around 205-210.
Which was Forsberg's weight in his prime.
Yeah, I guess Forsberg, Sakic, Bourque, and Hejduk were all about the same size as MacKinnon, Duchene, and Stastny.

Like you said, add a good Defensemen or two, and with seasoning hopefully the Avs can achieve greatness.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #2033
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Congrats to the Kings, great series.

For a 5-game series, that was great hockey, series could easily still be going on now.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #2034
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Yeah, I guess Forsberg, Sakic, Bourque, and Hejduk were all about the same size as MacKinnon, Duchene, and Stastny.

Like you said, add a good Defensemen or two, and with seasoning hopefully the Avs can achieve greatness.
The Avs went D man crazy last year and I hope they do the same in this years draft.
Siemens will be up sometime next year, he won't give us many point but he will play good defense, Bigras is 2 seasons away and not expected to play for the Avs next year.
We have been after Kulikov for so long and close to a trade several times but never seem to come to a agreement.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #2035
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Kings won their 2nd cup in three years. Totally surreal.

Looking forward to the parade!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #2036
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Duchene isn200, lbs and mack is extremely strong on his skates. Numerous times people would bounce of him... Tyler myers tried and fell on his read and he's 6'8?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #2037
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The Avs went D man crazy last year and I hope they do the same in this years draft.
Siemens will be up sometime next year, he won't give us many point but he will play good defense, Bigras is 2 seasons away and not expected to play for the Avs next year.
We have been after Kulikov for so long and close to a trade several times but never seem to come to a agreement.
I want nothing to do with him not horribly impressed. I doubt simensnmakes then roster this year. At best hell be eating nachos
Old 06-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #2038
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think the mindset is to be fast and skilled on the offensive end and let the blue line have the size. I still do not think they will go huge but will add some size to protect their guys from getting mugged.
They offered some ELC to some big European wingers that will be able to play in front of the net, Shield the puck and be a bit better on the fore check
Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #2039
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I want nothing to do with him not horribly impressed. I doubt simensnmakes then roster this year. At best hell be eating nachos
Siemens is a good sized stay at home defensemen. Which is something that we sorely need.

Quote:
They offered some ELC to some big European wingers that will be able to play in front of the net, Shield the puck and be a bit better on the fore check
Everberg, Corbett, Rendulic Henley and even the goalie signee Will are for Lake Eerie. They are trying to build a winning program at all levels and while the players they signed are talented there is little chance they make a impact on the Avs in the immediate future.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #2040
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

LA Kings are amazing team.

If I was a hockey GM; that's exactly how I would build my team. I look at that team and see no weak link. Amazing when you consider the salary cap leads to flawed teams
RedskinBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #2041
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Siemens is a good sized stay at home defensemen. Which is something that we sorely need.

Everberg, Corbett, Rendulic Henley and even the goalie signee Will are for Lake Eerie. They are trying to build a winning program at all levels and while the players they signed are talented there is little chance they make a impact on the Avs in the immediate future.
And all those players signed are big, not speedy playmakers. Roy said he wants more size throughout the roster. I never claimed any would make the roster of the avs, only that they had signed ELC's
Old 06-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #2042
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Sounds like there may be another stand off brewing between Ryan O'Reilly and management (a new management team this time). Because of the poison pill Calgary put into the offer sheet the Avs matched, the Avs are going to club-elected arbitration to give them leverage, and O'Reilly's agent apparently has publicly expressed some resentment over that.

The Avs had no choice but to file for arbitration. The QO in Calgary's contract was ridiculous. It sucks that O'Reilly is such a primadonna when it comes to his contract because that doesn't translate to his game at all. I love everything about his game and it's going to suck seeing him shipped off if that unfolds... but I'm starting to think he sees himself as a top line center, a role he could never fill for the Avs.

Anyway, it was always going to be a tough decision who the Avs have to trade to acquire that big piece on the back end to solidify the team as a whole and O'Reilly is making that decision a lot easier. And he's definitely got enough trade value to land a really good defensemen.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #2043
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Yup
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #2044
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
And all those players signed are big, not speedy playmakers. Roy said he wants more size throughout the roster. I never claimed any would make the roster of the avs, only that they had signed ELC's
You spoke about them playing in front of the net and being better on the fore check. That response was quoting me about the Avs club at the NHL level. If you didn't mean for that to be misconstrued then you should have probably stated that you were referencing the Lake Eerie roster only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Sounds like there may be another stand off brewing between Ryan O'Reilly and management (a new management team this time). Because of the poison pill Calgary put into the offer sheet the Avs matched, the Avs are going to club-elected arbitration to give them leverage, and O'Reilly's agent apparently has publicly expressed some resentment over that.

The Avs had no choice but to file for arbitration. The QO in Calgary's contract was ridiculous. It sucks that O'Reilly is such a primadonna when it comes to his contract because that doesn't translate to his game at all. I love everything about his game and it's going to suck seeing him shipped off if that unfolds... but I'm starting to think he sees himself as a top line center, a role he could never fill for the Avs.

Anyway, it was always going to be a tough decision who the Avs have to trade to acquire that big piece on the back end to solidify the team as a whole and O'Reilly is making that decision a lot easier. And he's definitely got enough trade value to land a really good defensemen.
It is a negotiating tactic. Basically tears up the QO and offer sheet he previously signed and forces them to negotiate in good faith with no BS leverage.
Or in other words, the agent can't **** over the team and any offer they sign will be matched and he will have to play for the Avs for however long the contract entails.

Smart smart move by the Avs.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #2045
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
LA Kings are amazing team.

If I was a hockey GM; that's exactly how I would build my team. I look at that team and see no weak link. Amazing when you consider the salary cap leads to flawed teams
Took a long time to build it though. Kings GM Lombardi is probably the best GM in the NHL and is a mad scientist when it comes to drafting and player development. Not only that but building a culture of winning. The Kings had to learn how to win in the playoffs, deal with high expectations and having a target on your back on a nightly basis.

Going from where we were in 2006 to now with two cups is crazy.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #2046
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Gaborik at the beach with Lord Stanley.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #2047
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PIT leaning towards hiring Willie Desjardins. He's supposed to be strong with Xs and Os but is ofcourse unproven on this level.

I really want Babcock for a draft pick, like a 2nd or something.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #2048
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Desjardins chooses VAN cause he didn't like being offered only a 2 year deal with a lowball salary and being told his assistants would be chosen for him.

Outside of firing Bylsma, almost everything the Pens have done this offseason has been awful.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #2049
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Rob Blake, current assistant GM for the Kings and former player of the Kings, Avalanche and Sharks will be inducted into the HOF.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #2050
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Rob Blake, current assistant GM for the Kings and former player of the Kings, Avalanche and Sharks will be inducted into the HOF.
Along with Forsberg, Hasek, Modano, and Pat Burns.

should probably mention them. great class. Modano is a prick.

FOPPA

TWO AVS

YES I AM CALLING ROB BLAKE AN AV
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote