The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #176
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
It really is bizarre. No idea what it could be, other than a random fluke, given the amount of time that has passed between matchups and the changes in coaching and rosters. I've always felt that home ice is pretty overrated anyway, and stats like that really magnify it.
I am sure there is a stat showing more fighting penalties for the home team. The fans want it and if it gets everyone going, it will happen.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #177
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I am sure there is a stat showing more fighting penalties for the home team. The fans want it and if it gets everyone going, it will happen.
Unless he's fighting guys on his own team, how would the home team get more fighting penalties than the away team?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #178
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
It's only four games The Rockies teased us early in the season too...

I am excited to see this team grow-up, however. Lots of young talent on the roster for sure.
I'm not so worried about it being a fluky start.
QMJHL coaches with Roy's resume tend to do well in the NHL.
Also, people overlook the fact that both Roy and his lead assistant Andre Tourigny were QMJHL two highly successful and highly thought of head coaches. Tourigny has worked on team Canada on multiple occasions.

The coaching is already miles ahead of when Sacco was there. The entire culture was changed once Roy signed on, he and Sakic share a vision of the team and it allowed them to overhaul things.
As much as I wanted Seth Jones(and he is going to be one hell of a player) I can see now why the Avs were so focused on MacKinnon.
He adds a dynamic to the offense that was sorely needed.

I am excited for the fact that Roy was insistent on having a full time goalie coach. I also love that Allaire has a 2nd goalie coach who works personally with the minor league goalies and reports to Allaire.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #179
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Unless he's fighting guys on his own team, how would the home team get more fighting penalties than the away team?
instigator? Also, I also meant that more fights will happen started by the home team.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #180
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I'm not so worried about it being a fluky start.
QMJHL coaches with Roy's resume tend to do well in the NHL.
Also, people overlook the fact that both Roy and his lead assistant Andre Tourigny were QMJHL two highly successful and highly thought of head coaches. Tourigny has worked on team Canada on multiple occasions.

The coaching is already miles ahead of when Sacco was there. The entire culture was changed once Roy signed on, he and Sakic share a vision of the team and it allowed them to overhaul things.
As much as I wanted Seth Jones(and he is going to be one hell of a player) I can see now why the Avs were so focused on MacKinnon.
He adds a dynamic to the offense that was sorely needed.

I am excited for the fact that Roy was insistent on having a full time goalie coach. I also love that Allaire has a 2nd goalie coach who works personally with the minor league goalies and reports to Allaire.
It is almost certainly a bit fluky, at least. The Avs aren't going to get goaltending like this all season. Allaire is a wizard, but he ain't a miracle worker.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #181
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
It is almost certainly a bit fluky, at least. The Avs aren't going to get goaltending like this all season. Allaire is a wizard, but he ain't a miracle worker.
Varlamov is one of the most talented goalies in the NHL. It's widely known that he has top 5-10 ability. The problem for him has always been between the ears.
He needed a full time goalie coach and asked for it several times. The previous regime saw no need for one(McLean worked only part time and didn't really give them a ton of feedback).
Varly's coach for the previous few seasons in Colorado has been Giguere, who himself said the Avs needed a full time goalie coach because he could only help Varly so much and he himself at times needed help.

Allaire doesn't have to work any miracles. He has the goalies to do what he needs, he just had to revamp Varly's mechanics and get him to become more sound mentally. Varly needs feedback and a sounding board. Allaire provides this for him, as does Roy to a certain extent.

It's not a fluky start, if Sacco was the coach we'd be 0-4. This is coaching taking over and providing a spark.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #182
extralife
Ring of Famer

Obviously the coaching will help and all, but right now the Avs have like a .98 save percentage and a less than 1 GAA. with our defense, we've needed most of those numbers outside of the laugher against the Ducks
Old 10-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #183
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Obviously the coaching will help and all, but right now the Avs have like a .98 save percentage and a less than 1 GAA. with our defense, we've needed most of those numbers outside of the laugher against the Ducks
Most of our players are grinders because that is what Pracey likes to draft and what Lacroix,Sherman and Sacco liked to sign.
MacKinnon and Duchene are the only two sniper types on the roster.
Everyone can skate well and plays a solid two way game but most are play makers or grinders. Landeskog has the potential to be a sniper type but he's so physical and power forward like that he isn't primarily focused on scoring goals.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #184
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

The Sid with a hat trick in Tampa. Pens trying to hold on late.

Edit: PIT 5 TB 4.

Sid with a 4 point night (3G 1A).

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-12-2013 at 06:48 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #185
bombay
Ring of Famer

Good to see the Avalanche playing so well. Hope to see Varlomov continue his superb play.

5-0 is nice.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #186
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

It's great to have the Avs back in action! Go Avalanche.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #187
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
How many games will it take for you to think it isn't a fluke? When a team starts 5-0 with a +14 scoring differential I would generally take that to mean they are pretty good. Will they be able to sustain what they are doing indefinitely? Of course not. They aren't going to go 82-0 with a +240 scoring differential obviously. But this doesn't look like a bad team getting lucky. It looks like a good team playing good hockey.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #188
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
How many games will it take for you to think it isn't a fluke? When a team starts 5-0 with a +14 scoring differential I would generally take that to mean they are pretty good. Will they be able to sustain what they are doing indefinitely? Of course not. They aren't going to go 82-0 with a +240 scoring differential obviously. But this doesn't look like a bad team getting lucky. It looks like a good team playing good hockey.
Good post...I see a 6-7 seed for us!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #189
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Yeah 5-0 and three road games against the Leafs, Bruins and Capitals who were considered good teams going into this season and have played well. The Ducks haven't lost a game since they played us either, so I don't think this is a fluke. Can they sustain it? I guess we have 77 more games to go to see if it really is a fluke or not.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #190
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The Sid with a hat trick in Tampa. Pens trying to hold on late.

Edit: PIT 5 TB 4.
What is a Sid hat trick?

1 Goal

1 Assist

1 Injury to his vagina?

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-12-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #191
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Did anyone see that Oilers/Leafs game? That must have been a fun final 30 seconds. lol.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #192
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Western Conference
CENTRAL GP W L OTL PTS ROW SOW SOL HOME ROAD GF GA DIFF
Colorado 5 5 0 0 10 5 0 0 2-0-0 3-0-0 18 4 +14
St. Louis 4 4 0 0 8 4 0 0 4-0-0 0-0-0 19 7 +12
Chicago 5 3 1 1 7 3 0 1 3-0-1 0-1-0 15 13 +2 3-1-1 Won 2
Minnesota 5 2 1 2 6 2 0 1 2-0-2 0-1-0 14 12 +2
Dallas 4 2 2 0 4 2 0 0 1-1-0 1-1-0 9 11 -2 Winnipeg 5 2 3 0 4 2 0 0 1-2-0 1-1-0 14 16 -2
Nashville 5 2 3 0 4 2 0 0 2-1-0 0-2-0 9 15 -6
PACIFIC GP W L OTL PTS ROW SOW SOL HOME ROAD GF GA DIFF L10 STRK
San Jose 5 5 0 0 10 5 0 0 4-0-0 1-0-0 24 7 +17
Calgary 5 3 0 2 8 3 0 1 2-0-1 1-0-1 18 17 +1
Anaheim 4 3 1 0 6 3 0 0 1-0-0 2-1-0 14 11 +3
Phoenix 5 3 2 0 6 3 0 0 1-0-0 2-2-0 12 14 -2
Los Angeles 5 3 2 0 6 1 2 0 1-1-0 2-1-0 13 14 -1
Vancouver 6 3 3 0 6 3 0 0 2-2-0 1-1-0 17 20 -3
Edmonton 5 1 3 1 3 0 1 0 1-2-0 0-1-1 17 25 -8

A lot of teams are hot right now. Sharks just won vs Senators, Calgary, Ducks and Kings all on winning streaks. It is early and always nice to get a fast start (I am more used to the slow starts and then kick it into Turbo in January as a Ducks' fan) but seems a lot of the Western Conference is feasting on teams like the Rangers from the East.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #193
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I actually watch hockey, so I'm privy to the wild fluctuations in form that strike all but the best teams. I believe we will compete for a playoff spot. I do not believe that we will compete for the top seed in the conference; ergo, fluky.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #194
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
While being an avs fan is like being a bengals fan.
i dont care how this or any season turns out, this is probably the dumbest, stupidest, most ignorant statement ever posted on the 'Mane.
or: a good example why redwings fans are the biggest D bags Ever.
according to your deranged logic, the broncos are losers compared to your "awesomne" redwings
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #195
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

The coaching has made a big difference for the Avs. Roy and co are making Andre Benoit look like a legit NHL defender. That says a lot.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #196
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
I actually watch hockey, so I'm privy to the wild fluctuations in form that strike all but the best teams. I believe we will compete for a playoff spot. I do not believe that we will compete for the top seed in the conference; ergo, fluky.
It's called a hot streak. There's nothing "fluky" about it. It's a good team playing great. Nothing more. They will also likely have some cold streaks this season, and ultimately they will likely end up seeded right where they belong. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #197
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Who wants to start the "Avs 82-0?" thread?

But, seriously, good to see Roy and co. come out the gate well. This young core going much longer without another playoff appearance would be such a waste.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #198
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Lars Ellers given credit for a retarded goal last night against Vancouver, he cleared the puck in along the boards, went OFF the ice when a Vancouver defenseman passed the puck off Lungo's one skate then off the other and in the net. Gives the kid 5 goals in 5 games.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #199
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the avs are a big sloppy mess tonight, but are leading the stars 3-2 thanks to two goals from Matt Duchene
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #200
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

6-0 b****es!