The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #1701
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Want some gatorade?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Just the one cup and it is amazeballs

I would do the weirdest **** with the Cup if I ever got my hands on it
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #1702
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
I would do the weirdest **** with the Cup if I ever got my hands on it
Nothing to crazy
Attached Images

canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #1703
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Want some gatorade?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Nothing to crazy
That's you man?!?

Gotta hear the story behind this!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #1704
extralife
Ring of Famer

I spent five hours with the cup at a private party once

I didn't do anything with it, though. If Ray Bourque couldn't touch it until he won it, who the **** am I to act like a moron with it?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #1705
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Kings take it to a Game 7.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #1706
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Kings take it to a Game 7.
IDK if the Ducks can handle the Kings in game 7. Quick is so hard to score on.
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #1707
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Its already been mentioned but loving the ratings potential for NY, Chi, LA and Montreal.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #1708
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
They're prolly the favorite now....although they have looked vulnerable.

I really don't want to see them win yet again....im in the uncomfortable position of rooting for LA or Anaheim to beat them.
Given the fact the teams you picked and rooted for in the playoffs this year, lose their series. Please, please, please root for the Blackhawks if they play the Kings.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #1709
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Given the fact the teams you picked and rooted for in the playoffs this year, lose their series. Please, please, please root for the Blackhawks if they play the Kings.
Right now, I'd say the Kings look like champs. Crown em.

/Actually 24, my picks have not been that bad. 7-4 in series picks in the playoffs so far. Not great but not awful.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 05-14-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #1710
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:
Minus the reverse mojo, they actually do look like the favorite to me.
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #1711
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

/Actually 24, my picks have not been that bad. 7-4 in series picks in the playoffs so far. Not great but not awful.
It was said in jest, but you've been wrong on both Kings series. Let's make you wrong on four, please.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #1712
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

@MarkMaddenX: I hear Bylsma's out, Shero stays. I also hear Babcock's a real possibility. More tomorrow. Mario& Mr Burkle will fix this. They have to.

Madden isn't always reliable..we will see. Babcock would be awesome if they can pry him from Detroit, as I heard he is having some issues there. He is a hardass, which is what the country club in our lockerroom needs.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #1713
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
@MarkMaddenX: I hear Bylsma's out, Shero stays. I also hear Babcock's a real possibility. More tomorrow. Mario& Mr Burkle will fix this. They have to.

Madden isn't always reliable..we will see. Babcock would be awesome if they can pry him from Detroit, as I heard he is having some issues there. He is a hardass, which is what the country club in our lockerroom needs.
Wings aren't gonna let the Pens talk to Babcock, sorry.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #1714
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Want some gatorade?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:

Hell no!!! You can't have him! As I mentioned earlier there have been some whispers that Babcock could be moving on, but it sounds like just rumor to me.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014043...s-mike-babcock

If he goes anywhere it will be UoM. Sounds like he doesn't want to leave MI. Would be very surprised to see him go to the Pens. The guy is like Shanahan. Probably has a job for life if he wants it, barring a major tank job.

EDIT: And despite some recent troubles, DET is still the ****ing place to be.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #1715
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Hell no!!! You can't have him! As I mentioned earlier there have been some whispers that Babcock could be moving on, but it sounds like just rumor to me.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014043...s-mike-babcock

If he goes anywhere it will be UoM. Sounds like he doesn't want to leave MI. Would be very surprised to see him go to the Pens. The guy is like Shanahan. Probably has a job for life if he wants it, barring a major tank job.

EDIT: And despite some recent troubles, DET is still the ****ing place to be.
While I've heard rumblings that wings are grooming Blashill to eventually take the reins in Detroit, I don't see Babcock going anywhere. He did joke about going to UM to be Red Berenson's assistant for a year but that was just fooling about.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #1716
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Want some gatorade?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
While I've heard rumblings that wings are grooming Blashill to eventually take the reins in Detroit, I don't see Babcock going anywhere. He did joke about going to UM to be Red Berenson's assistant for a year but that was just fooling about.
Haven't heard much about it, and it sounded pretty crazy to me, but my buddies were talking like it was a legit possibility. Nevermind lol

Some of my friends are ready for his head on a platter, but I think it would be a damn shame to see him go. He did a great job this year with all our injuries. Holland needs to work on getting the team some more young talent and giving Babs more to work with

Having said that I really like Blashill and wouldn't mind him taking over at some point. I think Blash's contract is up next year as well and the Wings aren't letting anyone talk to him, so maybe Babs will be gone soon. I would prefer to keep Babs but its not out of the realm of possibility he moves on after next year.

Last edited by ShiftyEyedWaterboy; 05-15-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #1717
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Haven't heard much about it, and it sounded pretty crazy to me, but my buddies were talking like it was a legit possibility. Nevermind lol

Some of my friends are ready for his head on a platter, but I think it would be a damn shame to see him go. He did a great job this year with all our injuries. Holland needs to work on getting the team some more young talent and giving Babs more to work with

Having said that I really like Blashill and wouldn't mind him taking over at some point. I think Blash's contract is up next year as well and the Wings aren't letting anyone talk to him, so maybe Babs will be gone soon. I would prefer to keep Babs but its not out of the realm of possibility he moves on after next year.
I don't see the problem with Babcock, personally. This year showcased his ability to coach. The farm is stocked with young guys and he'll have some cap room to sign some back end help. When you lose Lidstrom--who was the last of the old guard--you'd expect the team to fall off the map, but it didn't. that's a testament to Holland, I'd say. He's really only had one legit offseason (lidstrom retired in the middle of an offseason) to rebuild, which is hardly enough time to get the wings back to cup contender.

I've said before that I expect to see them pushing for a deep playoff run in 2 more years, but many in Detroit just aren't patient. They've been spoiled. They'll have a new arena to lure FA's in the future and the management team is still admired by many players.

It's currently a transition period that won't require an avs-like collapse into perennial laughingstock in order to rebuild.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #1718
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Want some gatorade?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
I don't see the problem with Babcock, personally. This year showcased his ability to coach. The farm is stocked with young guys and he'll have some cap room to sign some back end help. When you lose Lidstrom--who was the last of the old guard--you'd expect the team to fall off the map, but it didn't. that's a testament to Holland, I'd say. He's really only had one legit offseason (lidstrom retired in the middle of an offseason) to rebuild, which is hardly enough time to get the wings back to cup contender.

I've said before that I expect to see them pushing for a deep playoff run in 2 more years, but many in Detroit just aren't patient. They've been spoiled. They'll have a new arena to lure FA's in the future and the management team is still admired by many players.

It's currently a transition period that won't require an avs-like collapse into perennial laughingstock in order to rebuild.
Agreed. Us Wings fans have been pretty damn spoiled lately. Some people expect the Cup every year and are ready to throw Babs/Holland off a cliff after a couple average years. Hell, some fans are young enough that they've NEVER seen the Wings miss the playoffs. I just hope some young guys/prospects keep stepping it up. Henrik/Pavel aren't getting any younger. Wish there was a way to hold onto Blashill and Babs but its likely gonna be one or the other. Personally, I think the only way Babs leaves is if Holland gives him the boot which I don't see happening. Just hope they get an extension done soon so it isn't a distraction all year.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #1719
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Agreed. Us Wings fans have been pretty damn spoiled lately. Some people expect the Cup every year and are ready to throw Babs/Holland off a cliff after a couple average years. Hell, some fans are young enough that they've NEVER seen the Wings miss the playoffs. I just hope some young guys/prospects keep stepping it up. Henrik/Pavel aren't getting any younger. Wish there was a way to hold onto Blashill and Babs but its likely gonna be one or the other. Personally, I think the only way Babs leaves is if Holland gives him the boot which I don't see happening. Just hope they get an extension done soon so it isn't a distraction all year.
They may just extend Babcock for one more year (that'd sign him through the year after this one coming up), bring up Blashill to be his assistant and then make the switch when Babcock's deal runs out. I'm pretty sure Holland is tired of having the league cherry pick his young coaches and scouts--the price of sustained success. Of course, if Babcock takes the wings to a conference final or cup appearance, all bets are off, I'd bet.

I'd be interested to see what gyldenlove has to say about it.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #1720
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
IDK if the Ducks can handle the Kings in game 7. Quick is so hard to score on.
They seem to have no trouble in Game 5. I had this going to Game 6 or 7 and after the 0-2 start, still felt it would now go to Game 7.

Anaheim is going to be a mess with Angels also playing that night at the same time.....about 1000 yards away from Honda Center to Anaheim Stadium.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #1721
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

It would fitting since most of the Pens enjoy cock......
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #1722
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Want some gatorade?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
It would fitting since most of the Pens enjoy cock......
Old 05-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #1723
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bwhaha...errr um

omg...horrible
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #1724
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Quote:
That's you man?!?

Gotta hear the story behind this!
Long story short, The guy feeding me the booze from the cup is Ryan Stanton. He's from a small town about 5 mins out my city called St. Albert. He played on the Blackhawks farm team last (Rockford). He happens to be best friends with a coworker of mine. My coworker who knows I'm a huge fan invited me over for a private get together and my chance to be with the cup.

It was more luck than anything because typically farm team players don't get any time with the cup. What happened is it was travelling east to west and they had a day off between Sheldon Brookbank in Saskatchewan and Seabrook in B.C. As our province is right in the middle of those two, he got his chance with the cup.
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #1725
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Want some gatorade?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Long story short, The guy feeding me the booze from the cup is Ryan Stanton. He's from a small town about 5 mins out my city called St. Albert. He played on the Blackhawks farm team last (Rockford). He happens to be best friends with a coworker of mine. My coworker who knows I'm a huge fan invited me over for a private get together and my chance to be with the cup.

It was more luck than anything because typically farm team players don't get any time with the cup. What happened is it was travelling east to west and they had a day off between Sheldon Brookbank in Saskatchewan and Seabrook in B.C. As our province is right in the middle of those two, he got his chance with the cup.
Helluva freak occurrence man! That's awesome.

Got some nice pics to show the grandchildren