The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #1326
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Playoffs are a different beast. If we can move on it's going to hurt losing a top defenseman because of a dirty ass little Wild team.
I agree the playoffs are a completely different animal, and experience will play a big factor in the series. I just think it is a bit presumptuous to declare that the Avs can't beat Chicago. They might not win, but they can definitely make a series out of it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:56 PM   #1327
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Kings win game 5!The choke is on!
Lol.

Sharks gonna Shark.

I still think they will pull it out, but my SJ in 7 prediction is looking more accurate. Kings have totally flipped the tables on them. SJ is too good to lose 4 in a row, though, even with their choking reputation.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:56 PM   #1328
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Man alive I want to see Mac with Duchene in the playoffs.
He is not playing like a rookie at all. I would like to see him push more frequently.
When he just goes and pushes the pace the Wild have no answer for him and try to mug him but cannot keep pace with him.
He looks like a vet and gets stronger as the game goes on. Such a brilliant draft pick. To think everyone, including myself, were so set on drafting Seth Jones that it was easy to doubt the move. Boy was that so the right thing to do.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #1329
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I agree the playoffs are a completely different animal, and experience will play a big factor in the series. I just think it is a bit presumptuous to declare that the Avs can't beat Chicago. They might not win, but they can definitely make a series out of it.
At this point I just want them to get past Wild, and do it without losing anymore players to dirty as hits. After that focus on the next opponent. I won't count the Avs out against anyone. Not after what they do game in and game out coming from behind and winning.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #1330
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Really need the Rags to win tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #1331
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
They also owned the Wild in the regular season and have had an extremely difficult time with them all series long and could easily have been eliminated tonight but for empty net heroics twice now.

Colorado, like Pittsburgh, is living on borrowed time.
Oh c'mon, that's not really true. You can write a completely different narrative pretty easily. In both games 1 and 5 the Avs controlled the game save for about a 5 minute stretch in each game. Take those away and the Avs have three comfortable wins in the series.

You don't get to pick and choose.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #1332
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'll take it. Fun game. Sometimes it felt like waiting for doom, but we won and we're giving our players valuable experience in the post-season. I really want to eliminate the Wild. Everything after that is gravy.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #1333
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
He looks like a vet and gets stronger as the game goes on. Such a brilliant draft pick. To think everyone, including myself, were so set on drafting Seth Jones that it was easy to doubt the move. Boy was that so the right thing to do.
I was pissed when we didn't take Jones. Who I still believe will have a phenomenal career. But MacKinnon has been the truth.
I think he will be a 90-100 point player on a consistent basis in the next few years. Maybe even as soon as next season.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #1334
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

The Avs are playing without their best offensive forward and defensmen. Anyone trying to put an asterisk on their series lead can shove it up their butt. BTW there wasn't nearly this much crying about the blown delay of game penalty at the end of game 3. Sometimes you just gotta deal with it.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #1335
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Lulz....you guys get rustled easily. I'm not putting an asterisk next to anything. I have no dog in this hunt. I don't love or hate the Avs or the Wild. Just a neutral fans opinion watching the series.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #1336
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Jesus **** the Minnesota whining is strong. So much crying. I can't wait to send those idiots packing.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #1337
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Jesus **** the Minnesota whining is strong. So much crying. I can't wait to send those idiots packing.
For real. Yes, Benoit could have been called with the empty net. But then again, the Mild's 1st goal came right after Heatley broke Hejda's stick with a wicked slash right in front of the net. No call on that either........
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #1338
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

The story of this game should be Nathan MacKinnon. When Varly has carried the Avs in this series they lost. When Mack has carried the load, the Avs win. We need him to show up big in game 6.

Roy says they will look at a Duchene return in game 6. They shouldn't rush him but I bet he'd be back for a game 7 if it's needed.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #1339
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
The story of this game should be Nathan MacKinnon. When Varly has carried the Avs in this series they lost. When Mack has carried the load, the Avs win. We need him to show up big in game 6.

Roy says they will look at a Duchene return in game 6. They shouldn't rush him but I bet he'd be back for a game 7 if it's needed.
Varly has carried the Avs this entire series.
He has been standing on his head and most of the goals let in come from us turning the puck over and bad defensive positioning by our D men.

I love Mac and think he is a beast but lets not simply brush Varly under the rug.
He is the Avs MVP in this series.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:04 AM   #1340
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Exactly
Old 04-27-2014, 01:18 AM   #1341
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He has been standing on his head and most of the goals let in come from us turning the puck over and bad defensive positioning by our D men.

I love Mac and think he is a beast but lets not simply brush Varly under the rug.
He is the Avs MVP in this series.
I'm not brushing Varly under the rug and I'm not gonna apologize for people reading it that way. Varly was great in games 2 and 5 but Mack was the guy who put them over the top in those games and game 1. Stastny was a stud in game 1 too, but Mack is worth gushing over. Through 5 games he leads the playoffs in points, assists and plus minus and he's 18 years old. How gushing over that is sweeping Varly under the rug is beyond me...
Old 04-27-2014, 01:38 AM   #1342
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Exactly
He's carried them all season..

Fyi, went to the game tonight. My 14 year old son could not stop smiling after the game.

Kick ass game !

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #1343
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I'm not brushing Varly under the rug and I'm not gonna apologize for people reading it that way. Varly was great in games 2 and 5 but Mack was the guy who put them over the top in those games and game 1. Stastny was a stud in game 1 too, but Mack is worth gushing over. Through 5 games he leads the playoffs in points, assists and plus minus and he's 18 years old. How gushing over that is sweeping Varly under the rug is beyond me...
I think people took issue with you suggesting when Varly plays well they lose and when Mac and the offense play well they win. Varly had one below average game, two good games and two out of this world games. We lost two games because we couldn't score. So I agree, when we score, or at least make attempts to take shots, we win.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #1344
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Because you just said when varly leads the team we lose but not when Mac does.
Which is a lie at best and foolish at worst.
Varly is our MVP & we would have been swept without him.
He is standing on his head and keeping us in the game or in the lead with a **** defense and borderline retarded positioning on defense.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #1345
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

I'd really like to see the team unleash MacKinnon. When he is free to play loose and take control no one can hang with him. When he is free to play his game good things happen, like the game winner last night. I understand you need to play within the offense but sometimes you need to let your best players take control.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #1346
61Vikefan
Solid Starter

Just keep smoking what your state is selling you and this will look like a good win to you. That and the fact that none of you have a clue of the game of hockey, that team should have stayed in Quebec.
61Vikefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #1347
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61Vikefan View Post
Just keep smoking what your state is selling you and this will look like a good win to you. That and the fact that none of you have a clue of the game of hockey, that team should have stayed in Quebec.
http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai...Red+Wings&sc=0

Yeah, what was the NHL thinking bringing hockey to Colorado?

Btw, what's it like to lose an ice hockey franchise to Dallas?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #1348
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

b**** about the offsides all you want , at least we didn't sink to your teams bull**** level by sending a goon after Parise or Suter.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #1349
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
think people took issue with you suggesting when Varly plays well they lose and when Mac and the offense play well they win. Varly had one below average game, two good games and two out of this world games. We lost two games because we couldn't score. So I agree, when we score, or at least make attempts to take shots, we win.
Quote:
Because you just said when varly leads the team we lose but not when Mac does.
Which is a lie at best and foolish at worst.
Varly is our MVP & we would have been swept without him.
He is standing on his head and keeping us in the game or in the lead with a **** defense and borderline retarded positioning on defense.
It's a misread, plain and simple, but I get it. It's a message board, and people like to finger wag. I was talking about the five playoff games, and frankly I'm not sure how someone can launch an argument that Stastny or Mack wasn't the best player in game 1, Mack in games 2 and 5, and Varly in Games 3 and 4. And yes, there is a valuable point to be made there... that the Avs need someone besides Varly to show up. That is simple not in any way a knock on Varly or his value to the team.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #1350
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61Vikefan View Post
Bring it you ****ing little b****
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote