The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #576
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,024
Default

Ovechtrick!

I really hope Ovie's career doesn't go the way of Iginla. Ovie is a loyal person; people were telling him GTFO back in 2008. If I were him, I tell Leonsis "You get serious about winning a Cup or I want out"

Don't want to see a 36 year old Ovechkin trying to chase a Cup.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #577
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Kings are rolling, gave Montreal a beatdown. 6-0.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #578
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Did anyone else catch the Thorton episode.. yowsers.

Hope Malkin isn't out long..

Can the AVS make it 2 ina row?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #579
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Ovechtrick!

I really hope Ovie's career doesn't go the way of Iginla. Ovie is a loyal person; people were telling him GTFO back in 2008. If I were him, I tell Leonsis "You get serious about winning a Cup or I want out"

Don't want to see a 36 year old Ovechkin trying to chase a Cup.
I was playing NHL 2014 and I was playing career mode. and I ended up with the caps. I got to calling him over check cuase he was killing everyone lol.

Hey wanna send him to Colorado for a first rounder.... Kidding!
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #580
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 34,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Hoping Geno's injury isn't long term. Got a bad feeling.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #581
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,024
Default

Going to Caps/Flyers today, I'm hoping for fireworks baby.

You know, return the favor by running the flyers goalie a couple of times. I bet they don't dare play Emery today.

Edit: Hey, it beats watching shanarat's bull **** on TV
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #582
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Going to Caps/Flyers today, I'm hoping for fireworks baby.

You know, return the favor by running the flyers goalie a couple of times. I bet they don't dare play Emery today.

Edit: Hey, it beats watching shanarat's bull **** on TV
HAHA!! yeah that's pretty ugly up in Washington..

Avs are smashing Dallas tonight.. Good to see the avs gaining some confidence back
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #583
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,698
Default

I love seeing the Avs playing well again. Even better to see EJ finally reaching his potential.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #584
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
HAHA!! yeah that's pretty ugly up in Washington..

Avs are smashing Dallas tonight.. Good to see the avs gaining some confidence back
I love this Avs team. They are built well and in good hands with landeskog at C and his fellow young studs.

Real happy with elway and Sakic in charge. It offsets the clown show I have watch in DC
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #585
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

October 2006....last time calgary scored in boston
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #586
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I love seeing the Avs playing well again. Even better to see EJ finally reaching his potential.
Yeah they don't settle into a funk for very long, that's for sure. Roy seems to identify the things they are struggling with and make enough corrections game to game. Some of it is obviously talent and injury related. But considering how horrible it was last season, I am totally enjoying this ride.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #587
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah they don't settle into a funk for very long, that's for sure. Roy seems to identify the things they are struggling with and make enough corrections game to game. Some of it is obviously talent and injury related. But considering how horrible it was last season, I am totally enjoying this ride.
If we can swing a trade for a solid D man we'll be good. Next season we should have Siemens and Bigras come up to help fix the D fully.
I just hope we go D man heavy again in the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #588
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah they don't settle into a funk for very long, that's for sure. Roy seems to identify the things they are struggling with and make enough corrections game to game. Some of it is obviously talent and injury related. But considering how horrible it was last season, I am totally enjoying this ride.
That was the thing I wanted to see to determine how well Roy was coaching-- how they responded to funks and adversity. Under Sacco the team sunk into prolonged, season tanking funks (at one point during the Languishing for Landeskog season, they had two consecutive 10 game losing streaks sandwiched by a single win).

It was a popular counter argument that Sacco was a scapegoat and no coach could have gotten more out of the roster (granted, the blame Sacco argument was more popular). It should be readily apparent now that the lack of quality coaching was at the very least as big an issue as the roster, if not more of one. At least they got Duchene, Landeskog and MacKinnon as a result of five years of inept coaching... and now those players have a real coach.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #589
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
That was the thing I wanted to see to determine how well Roy was coaching-- how they responded to funks and adversity. Under Sacco the team sunk into prolonged, season tanking funks (at one point during the Languishing for Landeskog season, they had two consecutive 10 game losing streaks sandwiched by a single win).

It was a popular counter argument that Sacco was a scapegoat and no coach could have gotten more out of the roster (granted, the blame Sacco argument was more popular). It should be readily apparent now that the lack of quality coaching was at the very least as big an issue as the roster, if not more of one. At least they got Duchene, Landeskog and MacKinnon as a result of five years of inept coaching... and now those players have a real coach.
Inept? Inept? Inept? He ran the same damn offensive play every game.
Dump puck, chase puck, hope puck goes in.
The mere fact that he got an extension under PL and EL was enough to know how nonsensical the Avs organization had become.
We have had more player development through 33 games of Roy's tenure than in the whole of Sacco's reign. That speaks volumes.
He was a idiot and it showed in his coaching and yet there are still some who believe that he wasn't the issue. It was Kroenke not wanting to spend.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #590
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
If we can swing a trade for a solid D man we'll be good. Next season we should have Siemens and Bigras come up to help fix the D fully.
I just hope we go D man heavy again in the draft.
Can you believe they consider bigras a better skater then mack! Tonights game... grr
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #591
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Inept? Inept? Inept? He ran the same damn offensive play every game.
Dump puck, chase puck, hope puck goes in.
The mere fact that he got an extension under PL and EL was enough to know how nonsensical the Avs organization had become.
We have had more player development through 33 games of Roy's tenure than in the whole of Sacco's reign. That speaks volumes.
He was a idiot and it showed in his coaching and yet there are still some who believe that he wasn't the issue. It was Kroenke not wanting to spend.
The kronkes knew they were gonna build within, and that things would be tough. However with out the suckinrless who knows where we would be? The coaching was horrendous and I'm surprised they let sacco stay as long as he did. Its also cool they didn't blow the cap cause then we wouldn't have been able to pay for all the youth.. I'm just glad the team is headed in the right direction
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #592
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Team MVPs, an interesting take:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1986--nhl.html
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #593
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,024
Default

5 min major on Tom Wilson was big time BS.

Clean hit all the way
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #594
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Inept? Inept? Inept? He ran the same damn offensive play every game.
Dump puck, chase puck, hope puck goes in.
The mere fact that he got an extension under PL and EL was enough to know how nonsensical the Avs organization had become.
We have had more player development through 33 games of Roy's tenure than in the whole of Sacco's reign. That speaks volumes.
He was a idiot and it showed in his coaching and yet there are still some who believe that he wasn't the issue. It was Kroenke not wanting to spend.
Inept isn't a strong enough word? But yeah, we are in agreement. It was ridiculous he survived the 2010-11 season with how bad the team was, but I think a few years down the road we may find it serendipitous that he was retained long enough to land MacKinnon. It looks like Buffalo is going to have a top pick... if that keeps up Sacco may end up extending his coaching career working for teams who want to tank and stockpile blue chip talent in the draft.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #595
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 
Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,700

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'll never forgive Jim Rutheford for trading Justin Williams. I'm sure Justin is happier in LA cruising around in his Lamborghini, but he was such a pivotal piece to this franchise, and his impact has yet to be replaced.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #596
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I'll never forgive Jim Rutheford for trading Justin Williams. I'm sure Justin is happier in LA cruising around in his Lamborghini, but he was such a pivotal piece to this franchise, and his impact has yet to be replaced.
I agree. He's a very good player
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #597
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 34,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

He won't win the Calder, but Olli Maatta is really a tremendous young talent. He should get some votes at the least if he keeps it up.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #598
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,635

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Going to Caps/Flyers today, I'm hoping for fireworks baby.

You know, return the favor by running the flyers goalie a couple of times. I bet they don't dare play Emery today.

Edit: Hey, it beats watching shanarat's bull **** on TV
That was a disappointing game.

And yeah, they should put a bounty on Emery.

"I'd like to place a personal bounty on the head of Ray Emery. He's the goalie and chief punk on that Philadelphia team."
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #599
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,515
Default

I have no idea why the Avs have so much trouble with Edmonton, but the game last night was super entertaining. McKinnon's pass will be on the Avs highlight reel at the end of the year for sure.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #600
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He won't win the Calder, but Olli Maatta is really a tremendous young talent. He should get some votes at the least if he keeps it up.
such a strong yer for rookies. Hertl is favorite. He was injured though 15 goals is awesome for a rookie MacKinnon is the discussion.7 goals and 20 points.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Denver Broncos