The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #426
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I know there are some games at hand and taking nothing away from the Avs. The whole Western division is killing it in the NHL.
no doubt.....i'm starting to worry the avs awesome run is just the product of playing the eastern conference.



bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #427
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Stamkos looks like he just broke his leg/ankle. He'll be out for awhile.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #428
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Tuukka Rask now has a 3-0-0 record w/a 0.33 GAA and .987 sve pct vs. Tampa Bay this season. Ouch.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #429
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Stamkos looks like he just broke his leg/ankle. He'll be out for awhile.
That sucks. I hope for a quick recovery for him. Big blow to the league.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #430
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
That sucks. I hope for a quick recovery for him. Big blow to the league.
Team Canada too.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #431
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
That sucks. I hope for a quick recovery for him. Big blow to the league.
For sure, get better stamkos.

But on the bright side, maybe your blood pressure will get back to normal since you will not have to deal with all those Stamkos empty net goals preventing Cindy from getting the Ross or Richard lol

RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #432
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
For sure, get better stamkos.

But on the bright side, maybe your blood pressure will get back to normal since you will not have to deal with all those Stamkos empty nets preventing Cindy from getting the Ross or Richard lol

The only thing is Sids way is his own health. If he plays injury free thus year he will win the Art Ross and Hart. If not, he won't. It doesn't really matter what anyone else does or doesn't do.


The Stamkos thing sucks though because I want to see Sid lead Team Canada again to the Gold, this time over Russia in the Final in Sochi and also as Captain, with the crowd chanting "Crosby Crosby Crosby!!" in adulation and reflection of his greatness after initially booing him (kinda like in Rocky IV) while Putin sits red faced and fuming in the suite. Losing Stamkos will make it tougher, but they should still pull it off.
__________________

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 11-11-2013 at 04:45 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #433
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The only thing is Sids way is his own health. If he plays injury free thus year he will win the Art Ross and Hart. If not, he won't. It doesn't really matter what anyone else does or doesn't do.
Or that bastard Malkin stealing his points lol

I can see it now, Crosby gets hurt in sochi and you go ballistic. God bless you and your rants SoCal lol
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #434
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Team Canada too.
Duchene might be a lock for the roster now..
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #435
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Or that bastard Malkin stealing his points lol

I can see it now, Crosby gets hurt in sochi and you go ballistic. God bless you and your rants SoCal lol
Geno is having another down year. Honestly, even if Sid stays healthy and wins the awards I'm still going to be really angry about all the lost trophies, so I'm sure I will rant anyway and not be remotely satisfied with the present.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #436
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Geno is having another down year. Honestly, even if Sid stays healthy and wins the awards I'm still going to be really angry about all the lost trophies, so I'm sure I will rant anyway and not be remotely satisfied with the present.
Not that I really believe this, but some are starting to accuse the ruskies of floating and "saving it" for the once in a lifetime chance at Sochi Olympics...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #437
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Not that I really believe this, but some are starting to accuse the ruskies of floating and "saving it" for the once in a lifetime chance at Sochi Olympics...
The Russian roster is very weak defensively. They're no match for Team Sid.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #438
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The Russian roster is very weak defensively. They're no match for Team Sid.
I don't see Canada repeating in Russia and I see the Canadian Media b****ing like they always do.

"Putin rigged it!" lol
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #439
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I don't see Canada repeating in Russia and I see the Canadian Media b****ing like they always do.

"Putin rigged it!" lol
Canada is stacked. They'll repeat. And force Putin to put the gold around Sid's neck himself.

Russia isn't built to win. They got nothing on the back end. It's all offense. Varly will get cut down by the elite of the elite on the world stage. I remember when you guys were crowning him in 09 and we broke him mentally in the second round. Canada will skate circles around the Russians. They are so much better and more well rounded. They'll pepper Varlamov all day and they'll break him. Kid will feel like his girlfriend by the end of the game.
__________________

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 11-11-2013 at 05:11 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #440
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Not that I really believe this, but some are starting to accuse the ruskies of floating and "saving it" for the once in a lifetime chance at Sochi Olympics...
Besides varly the avs stay away from Russians. How many times have they burned teams.

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 11-11-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #441
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
no doubt.....i'm starting to worry the avs awesome run is just the product of playing the eastern conference.



the penguins, bruins, caps maple leafs aren't exactly the dregs of the NHL. But for sure well know a lot more about the avs when we play teams like chi, STl,van sj, etc.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #442
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Canada is stacked. They'll repeat. And force Putin to put the gold around Sid's neck himself.

Russia isn't built to win. They got nothing on the back end. It's all offense. Varly will get cut down by the elite of the elite on the world stage. I remember when you guys were crowning him in 09 and we broke him mentally in the second round. Canada will skate circles around the Russians. They are so much better and more well rounded. They'll pepper Varlamov all day and they'll break him. Kid will feel like his girlfriend by the end of the game.
We shall see lol
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #443
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Suck it Avs! Go Canes!!!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #444
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quick got taken out of a game in OT. Hope its just a cramp.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #445
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

^^^ Bad night for SoCal hockey on the road. Two ****ty teams beat LA and Anaheim. Avs losing their first road game. Not a fun night for many of us.

I knew that would be a trap game and resting Getzlaf on an upper body injury. I bet he could have played but I might be speculating.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #446
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
^^^ Bad night for SoCal hockey on the road. Two ****ty teams beat LA and Anaheim. Avs losing their first road game. Not a fun night for many of us.

I knew that would be a trap game and resting Getzlaf on an upper body injury. I bet he could have played but I might be speculating.
We just couldn't make anything happen. It was all a bit frenzied at times. Sometimes the bear gets you - especially on the road. We'll have to regroup and try again. I think the Canes are also a better team than their record indicates.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #447
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Sometimes the bear gets you - especially on the road.
Yes, yes it does....

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #448
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We just couldn't make anything happen. It was all a bit frenzied at times. Sometimes the bear gets you - especially on the road. We'll have to regroup and try again. I think the Canes are also a better team than their record indicates.
With the injuries the Hurricanes have suffered this season I'm starting to believe that myself. Just when they started slumping and giving the fans reasonable excuses to justify another ****ty season, they jump out to 3-0-1 record beating very good teams. Last night was especially important, because beating the best team in hockey at home is a pretty big confidence boost. That, and it gives me a chance to talk **** to all of fellow Maners.

We will see what happens when Cam Ward gets back. The defense has been rallying around Peters (our 3rd Goalie), and really collapsing around the front of the net. I'll just keep praying that it continues.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 11-13-2013 at 12:53 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #449
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker
 
DaFace's Avatar
 
Yep.

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Thornton
Posts: 395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We just couldn't make anything happen. It was all a bit frenzied at times. Sometimes the bear gets you - especially on the road. We'll have to regroup and try again. I think the Canes are also a better team than their record indicates.
There was no way that they'd be able to keep up their pace all season, so the loss didn't surprise me. I'm encouraged by the fact that they never seemed out of it or seemed to give up.

Tomorrow night at St. Louis will be a big test. Road game against a tough team after a loss. If they can win that one, I'm sold. If not, we will still just have to wait and see how things go.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #450
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,931

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Thought I'd pop in here. Last night I watched the Avs game at the Dillon Dam brewery, and one of the bartenders said that Varly was on record having said something like "If we were in Russia, I would have beaten her worse."

Is this true?

What are the facts on this case? It seems like Varly's GF's story is full of holes.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Denver Broncos