The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #276
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Forsbergesque
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #277
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Thanks, are you an Avs fan?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #278
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
For all the av fans this was a pretty telling article on Duchene

http://milehighsports.com/2013/09/30...hene-opens-up/
That was a really good read and that is from September! It's interesting to see his comments on Roy's coaching style and then see how it has translated since then.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #279
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Forsbergesque
I call it ****ty goal tending, nice move, but ****ty goal tending.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #280
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That was a really good read and that is from September! It's interesting to see his comments on Roy's coaching style and then see how it has translated since then.
He and Varly have been two of the most excited players about Roy.
The comments made by just those two alone since Roy's first practice pisses me off so bad. That Sacco was allowed to last as long as he did is ridiculous.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:15 AM   #281
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I call it ****ty goal tending, nice move, but ****ty goal tending.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #282
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
He and Varly have been two of the most excited players about Roy.
The comments made by just those two alone since Roy's first practice pisses me off so bad. That Sacco was allowed to last as long as he did is ridiculous.
You could clearly see it was coaching. I'm no hockey guru but it was painfully obvious. Winnik, Hunwick, O'Bryne and O'Brien were some of his favorite players. All **** bags that don't belong in the NHL.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #283
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And terrible ****ing defense from Riley Nash!

We suck.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #284
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Thanks, are you an Avs fan?
Yep. Grew up in Kansas, but missed having a home team to root for when I moved out here 7 years ago, so I decided to try getting into hockey.

Remarkably, it worked even though they haven't given me much to root for until this year.

More remarkable is when you look at the Chiefs' and Avs' stories for the past couple years (including this one). It's crazy how similar they are.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #285
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Yep. Grew up in Kansas, but missed having a home team to root for when I moved out here 7 years ago, so I decided to try getting into hockey.

Remarkably, it worked even though they haven't given me much to root for until this year.

More remarkable is when you look at the Chiefs' and Avs' stories for the past couple years (including this one). It's crazy how similar they are.
That's funny because I feel like the Avs history is similar to the Broncos. A franchise with big names, especially at critical positions late in their career win a couple of titles. Then slowly degenerate into an average and even terrible team. Then a legend from their heydey comes in and revamps the team into strong contender.

No offense, but I don't really see the similarity to the Chiefs.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #286
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's funny because I feel like the Avs history is similar to the Broncos. A franchise with big names, especially at critical positions late in their career win a couple of titles. Then slowly degenerate into an average and even terrible team. Then a legend from their heydey comes in and revamps the team into strong contender.

No offense, but I don't really see the similarity to the Chiefs.
I guess I'm thinking more short-term. Last year, both teams were the worst (or close to it) in their respective leagues despite a ton of talent. Everyone just kept wondering why the hell they weren't finding success given how many good players they had.

Both teams cleaned out their entire front offices and coaching staffs and brought in legends of the game (Roy and Reid) to try and turn things around. Using largely the same group of players, both teams have started out the season incredibly well and are both currently ranked in the top 5 of their leagues.

The question is just how well the Chiefs will do when the D stops carrying games and how well the Avs do when the goalies stop carrying games. Time will tell.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #287
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I think Reid is a good coach, but I don't know about a "legend of the game." I can see the worst to first thing, though.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #288
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I think Reid is a good coach, but I don't know about a "legend of the game." I can see the worst to first thing, though.
I think his phone autocorrected to "legend" when he was trying to write "walrus"
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #289
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Eh, not compared to Roy perhaps, but he's still a likely HOF coach when all is said and done.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #290
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Eh, not compared to Roy perhaps, but he's still a likely HOF coach when all is said and done.
Unless Captain Koolaid chalks up a couple of super bowls he's not sniffing the HOF.

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-27-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #291
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

OK, fine. My point wasn't to derail this thread into another Chiefs bashing thread, so carry on believing what you want.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #292
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think the Avs are a bit further off than the Broncos as far as being strong contenders... ten games into the NHL season is about two games in an NFL season and the Avs have gotten off to hot starts before in recent years. But I think they are getting there... a piece or two away from becoming the next Chicago Blackhawks.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #293
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
You could clearly see it was coaching. I'm no hockey guru but it was painfully obvious. Winnik, Hunwick, O'Bryne and O'Brien were some of his favorite players. All **** bags that don't belong in the NHL.
Dare I say Kyle Wilson as well, he's a NHL'er just not a top four.

Elliot and Simens have been playing well for lake erie. Although Simens got benched for a game. Hopefully we can get simens as a top four next year and Elliot as our PP QB and I think we see even a better team next year.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #294
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

please dear god don't turn this into a KC Chief thread.

curious though DaFace. why did you pick the avs over the Blues or even the Devils who have history in Kansas as the Franchise that went from Kansas. to Denver as the Rockies and then to New Jersey... its always interesting to see why people become fans. The Blues are playing good hockey and I miss shattenkirk

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 10-27-2013 at 09:04 AM..
Old 10-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #295
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
please dear god don't turn this into a KC Chief thread.

curious though DaFace. why did you pick the avs over the Blues or even the Devils who have history in Kansas as the Franchise that went from Kansas. to Denver as the Rockies and then to New Jersey... its always interesting to see why people become fans. The Blues are playing good hockey and I miss shattenkirk
Prior to moving out here, football was basically the only sport I cared about. However, I missed having a local team to root for and talk to friends with about the games. My wife was already an Avs fan (she's a Broncos fan too), so that was a good fit.

It was all about the convenience of the local team - nothing about the team itself at all really.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #296
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
I think the Avs are a bit further off than the Broncos as far as being strong contenders... ten games into the NHL season is about two games in an NFL season and the Avs have gotten off to hot starts before in recent years. But I think they are getting there... a piece or two away from becoming the next Chicago Blackhawks.
Yeah, I'd agree. The really positive thing, however, is that Duchene's growth the last couple years isn't a fluke. He clearly has figured **** out, and I'd be VERY surprised to see him regress for more than a few games in a row any time soon. Even if this isn't THE year, the future looks 100x brighter than it did a year ago at this time.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #297
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh, and regarding Shattenkirk, I strongly agree. I loved the kid when he was here and hated to see him go. EJ looks like he MIGHT be getting his **** in gear, but we definitely lost that trade.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #298
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh, and regarding Shattenkirk, I strongly agree. I loved the kid when he was here and hated to see him go. EJ looks like he MIGHT be getting his **** in gear, but we definitely lost that trade.
While Eliot and Barie had nothing to do with that trade. They have the potential to move the puck something Shattenkirk does. Chris Stewart is a fairly decent player but really hasn't done much of note. EJ is still Fairly young and looking like he *crosses fingers* to be the number one guy we have been searching for. Landenskog is a better player then Stewart, their comparable offensively but GL is twice the defensive player Stewart was/is.

I just looked at your location... Doh.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #299
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, I'd agree. The really positive thing, however, is that Duchene's growth the last couple years isn't a fluke. He clearly has figured **** out, and I'd be VERY surprised to see him regress for more than a few games in a row any time soon. Even if this isn't THE year, the future looks 100x brighter than it did a year ago at this time.
Yeah were seeing it right now with Mack. stupid stuff and then flashes of brilliance .. look out when he gets it figured out.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #300
enjolras
Ring of Famer

10-1 ain't nothing to scoff at.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote