The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Default Betting the 2013 NFL Season

I thought it would be fun to keep a running thread of what kind of bets you guys are making over the season. I take this very un-seriously, but gave myself a $150 budget to have a little fun over the season. I do not claim to be any good at this, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. Also, feel free to ask any questions regarding what the spread means, over/under, juice, etc.

My strategy is to only place bets I'm confident about, so I don't pick very many games throughout the week and may not bet some weeks. I'm less concerned about winning big bucks than I am not losing my money.

Week 1 picks:
Broncos vs. Ravens - Over 49 WIN
Notes: Week 1 is extremely hard to bet and often a loser's game, so I only placed one bet last week that I was extremely confident about. Luckily, Peyton Manning sealed the deal by himself.

Week 2 picks:
Jets vs. Patriots - Under 43.5 WIN

I haven't placed my bets for Sunday yet, but my favorite lean right now is Dallas +3 vs. Kansas City. I think Kansas City is still a poor team and the hype train will die out soon (I could go on a diatribe, but long-story-short, I like Andy Reid but Alex Smith has been slightly better than mediocre in only one season of his career). Also - people will be like "Chiefs are always a danger at home." Fun fact: The Chiefs home record over the past five years is 13-27.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

good thread!!

a 5 team parlay vs the spread:

Arizona +1 vs Detroit

Seattle -3 vs San Fran

Indi -2.5 vs Miami

Dallas +3 vs KC

New Orleans -3.5 vs Tampa
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
good thread!!

a 5 team parlay vs the spread:

Arizona +1 vs Detroit

Seattle -3 vs San Fran

Indi -2.5 vs Miami

Dallas +3 vs KC

New Orleans -3.5 vs Tampa
I'm not sure if Seattle will win much less cover the spread. I think picking that game is crapshoot, so I'm going to pass. I like the Arizona vs. Detroit pick.

I'm also curious why people are high on Indy. Luck's the **** but I feel their last year's record was very lucky to obtain, and they just about lost to Oakland. Miami aren't world beaters, but neither are the Colts.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
I'm not sure if Seattle will win much less cover the spread. I think picking that game is crapshoot, so I'm going to pass. I like the Arizona vs. Detroit pick.

I'm also curious why people are high on Indy. Luck's the **** but I feel their last year's record was very lucky to obtain, and they just about lost to Oakland. Miami aren't world beaters, but neither are the Colts.
I don't care either way. I just think the colts beat the dolphins by 3 or more at home.

the seacocks are a different team at home. they smoked the 49ers last year.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Bacchus

Go over every single week $10 on every game.