The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #51
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
...Pierre-Paul looked rusty and didn't play a full game Sunday as he was coming off of June back surgery and missed the preseason. If he can take a big step forward this week in terms of conditioning and practice time, that would help. He's the difference-making player in their defensive front -- the one who has the ability to take over a game if he's 100 percent. They need him as close to that as possible if they're going to pressure Peyton Manning enough to limit the time he has to take advantage of all of those options.
Yup, this is why I brought him up in the 2nd post of this thread. He's potentially the most important player on their D.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #52
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
...sarcasm?

Haha, I was halfway sarcastic about Rev and Med = price and Bmore (lots of slapping each other with their labias, but Rev and Med actually admit when they're wrong instead of still arguing for 20 pages after being proven wrong over and over), but I was serious about this being a good thread.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #53
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, this is why I brought him up in the 2nd post of this thread. He's potentially the most important player on their D.
He has to be healthy to do that.

They'll only bring him out on passing downs (just like last week) because of the back injury, which does not apply to the topic in the OP.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #54
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

So, tempo is going to be paramount to keeping an unhealthy JPP on the field, or keeping him off the field in critical situations. Essentially we need to match the pace we showed in the Rams game.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #55
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
With Von Miller serving his six-game suspension for violating the leagues substance-abuse policy, and with Elvis Dumervil now in Baltimore, people were skeptical about how the Broncos would generate a pass-rush early in the season. In Week 1, they didntat least not using four basic rushers when the game was still close. But as the score became lopsided and the Ravens had to throw, defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio started uncorking the multipronged, multilevel sub-package blitzes that helped the Broncos record a league-leading 52 sacks last year. Even without cornerback Champ Bailey, who hopes to return this week from a foot injury, Del Rio was able to play this way because his secondary had no trouble stifling the Ravens in man coverage.

Contrast that with the Giants, a team known for usually having a potent four-man rush that hides its ho-hum secondary. They generated almost no pressure against a shaky Cowboys O-line on Sunday night. Its not a new thing, either. Their inconsistency in generating pressure was disconcerting last season as well. Given the way Peyton Manning moves in the pocket and anticipates throwing lanes early in his progressions, he shouldnt expect to see much pressure Sunday afternoon.
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/11/redski...d-option-dead/
Old 09-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #56
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
So, tempo is going to be paramount to keeping an unhealthy JPP on the field, or keeping him off the field in critical situations. Essentially we need to match the pace we showed in the Rams game.
Yes, but if you want to talk tempo, it's much more important with Danny Connor out of the game.

With Connor on the IR and Herzlich starting at the Mike, that defense that has grown accustomed all off-season to Danny's line calls and adjustments has to adjust to Herzlich and Herzlich now has to make adjustments against Peyton ****ing Manning, (the no huddle and fast tempo shift a lot of defensive responsibility from Fewell to Herzlich), to which he is sorely overmatched.

The Giants are dead in the water long before kickoff.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #57
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
With Connor on the IR and Herzlich starting at the Mike, that defense that has grown accustomed all off-season to Danny's line calls and adjustments has to adjust to Herzlich and Herzlich now has to make adjustments against Peyton ****ing Manning, (the no huddle and fast tempo shift a lot of defensive responsibility from Fewell to Herzlich), to which he is sorely overmatched.

Excellent. I have a huge boner for this game.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #58
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Was our pace that good against the Rams in preseason? It seemed like a clunky game from what I remember.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #59
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Was our pace that good against the Rams in preseason? It seemed like a clunky game from what I remember.
49 plays and over 300 yards yes amazing pace in the first half of the rams game

Its really up to the giants offense to sustain drives and keep Peyton off the field
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #60
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't see it as a blowout. They have a good home opener record. They are a tough physical team and it's on the road. I think we'll win, but I expect this game to go down to the wire. Our ability to stave off interior pressure last game was a big reason Manning did what he did. If we can do the same we should be ok. If not, we're in trouble. I don't expect to get the pass rush we did last game which means Eli will have time to make some plays down field.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #61
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Champ has been ruled out for the Giants game.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #62
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Offensively they're "better" than Baltimore (especially if Wilson plays and holds on to the ball), defensively they're "worse". They outgained the Cowboys 478-331 last week but lost primarily because they were -5 in turnover differential. The Broncos should win, especially with Connor and Amukamara not playing. But it might not be easy.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yes, but if you want to talk tempo, it's much more important with Danny Connor out of the game.

Agreed, the only way the Broncos dont score a **** load of points is if we shoot ourselves in the foot several times (which is always possible as we've seen in the PS)

On the other hand, it wouldnt SHOCK me if the Giants also scored lots.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
With Connor on the IR and Herzlich starting at the Mike...
Quote:
This is concerning for a couple of reasons. He is slow to the ball carrier, he gets lost in space, and hes is not a physically imposing LB so he often gets swallowed up and pushed backwards in tackling. It may not matter much as the Giants Defensive plan could be to opt for their nickel package instead with the 2 LB combo of Jacquian Williams and Spencer Paysinger. This would be a smart way to go to combat the Broncos receiving threats, and as much as Im happy for Herzlich, the reality is hes totally unproven and may not be quite up to the task.
http://www.giantsgab.com/2013/09/13/...g-mlb-broncos/
Old 09-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #65
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Eh, the point still stands no matter who the responsibility falls to. It's a new person trying to align and make the defensive calls.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #66
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Eh, the point still stands no matter who the responsibility falls to. It's a new person trying to align and make the defensive calls.
Oh I agree. Wasn't arguing against your point, just showing a Giants source lacking confidence Herzlich is up to the task.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #67
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

So, what do you think the reaction from the rest of the league is when the Broncos paste 49 points on the Giants?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #68
stopgap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
So, what do you think the reaction from the rest of the league is when the Broncos paste 49 points on the Giants?
ESPN-wise? what is Tom Brady up to....
Old 09-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #69
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Manning to Welker on quick passes will kill the Giants pass rush all game long then "BAM" DT and Decker deep, mix in the run game and we win by double digits
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #70
stopgap

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Manning to Welker on quick passes will kill the Giants pass rush all game long then "BAM" DT and Decker deep, mix in the run game and we win by double digits
You forgot to mention the inevitable fumble from Denver's O or ST.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #71
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
ESPN-wise? what is Tom Brady up to....
No, right now it's all about the Eagles/Chip Kelly. So depends on what they do against the Chargers.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #72
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
You forgot to mention the inevitable fumble from Denver's O or ST.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #73
stopgap

Lol Rev. It will happen though.

Denver still wins.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #74
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
Haha, I was halfway sarcastic about Rev and Med = price and Bmore (lots of slapping each other with their labias, but Rev and Med actually admit when they're wrong instead of still arguing for 20 pages after being proven wrong over and over), but I was serious about this being a good thread.
Hey bozo, one thing you may or may not have gleaned from this thread is that I was right all along. What I have been pounding home to the good friar Bmore for the last 12 months is that the Broncos 1-gap in Base Defense. This fact can no longer be disputed.

Med called it, Rev seconded, and Ted Bartlett may yet someday realize the depths of his folly.

Now please step aside, while I revel in victorious grandeur.

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

lol Price