The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #51
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Before the first Koppen signing.
Yes, that would have been last year..
Old 09-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #52
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Anyone seen any numbers on what we're paying ManRam now?

Last I saw, he was slated to make $715,000 this year on his original contract.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
How could you possibly agree on King?
Because he's undersized and has bricks for hands.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #54
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
Don't be surprised if DRC keeps ballin that Champ may be released next year or asked to seriously restructure that $10M/yr. Anxious to see what he has left in the tank. He needs to have a big year to not find himself in a situation similar to what Doom found himself in.

If your basing this off of one bad game your a damn idiot.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #55
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Ill just say this.. Peyton makes guys better. The fact that it was Koppen first now Manny says something.

About the only thing Manning doesn't do is block so how does he make a center better ? Being able to step up is where Manny is outshining Koppen. Koppen got pushed back, Manny holds his ground.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #56
Action

Quote:
Don't be surprised if DRC keeps ballin that Champ may be released next year or asked to seriously restructure that $10M/yr. Anxious to see what he has left in the tank. He needs to have a big year to not find himself in a situation similar to what Doom found himself in.
Those situations were no where near similar. Doom was being paid as the 2nd highest player in the league, and John Elway gave him that contract.

Unless it's due to injury or very poor play, Champ won't be asked to take a pay cut.

It is VERY bad business to cut the pay of someone you gave an extension to just because you need the money.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #57
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
About the only thing Manning doesn't do is block so how does he make a center better ? Being able to step up is where Manny is outshining Koppen. Koppen got pushed back, Manny holds his ground.
guarantee you Manning knows pass rushing schemes better than some defensive coaches out there.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #58
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
guarantee you Manning knows pass rushing schemes better than some defensive coaches out there.

So does he mind melt with Manny to tell him where to block ?>

Old 09-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #59
Action

Quote:

Are you insinuating Manning does little for the offensive line?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #60
bombay
Ring of Famer

Wow. Six weeks ago they were doing their best to replace him. They must have really liked what they saw in the last couple of preseason games plus baltimore.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #61
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
If your basing this off of one bad game your a damn idiot.
Another ad hominem. Love it.

Champ APPEARS to be slowing down...you could have seen this all last year as QB's are no longer afraid to throw in his direction.

Before we get to name calling let's see how he plays this weekend (if he gets back on the field) or throughout the rest of the season. Age catches up with everyone. I have been on the move him to S bandwagon and until he shows he can still shutdown fast WR's--I will stay on said bandwagon.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #62
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

*you're
*mind-meld
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #63
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #64
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Because he's undersized and has bricks for hands.
For a guy who spent 3 years preaching patience on a QB that threw like my mom, you've sure given up quickly on a rookie 5th round pick project.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #65
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
For a guy who spent 3 years preaching patience on a QB that threw like my mom, you've sure given up quickly on a rookie 5th round pick project.
I tend to have more patience with 1st round picks than 5th round picks. Besides Tebow had lots of flashes of potential his first couple years. He just never lived up to that potential.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #66
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
For a guy who spent 3 years preaching patience on a QB that threw worse than my mom, you've sure given up quickly on a rookie 5th round pick project.
FYP (hopefully, this will not be taken as family smack)
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #67
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

Champ APPEARS to be slowing down...you could have seen this all last year as QB's are no longer afraid to throw in his direction.

Before we get to name calling let's see how he plays this weekend (if he gets back on the field) or throughout the rest of the season. Age catches up with everyone. I have been on the move him to S bandwagon and until he shows he can still shutdown fast WR's--I will stay on said bandwagon.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

I love Champ, I think every Bronco fan does, but he's no the lockdown corner he once was.
I mean he can still make the plays on a short field, but he's been vulnerable at defending the long ball
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #68
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Champ is going to retire after we win the Super Bowl this year, however he is grossly overvalued at his current $10mm/year

Also, I'm in the decker not being resigned camp. Some other team will over value him
Why would he retire? He can still earn bucks. Just not $10 million bucks. I could see him going to a contender to continue play.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #69
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:

you have to be really dumb to think a QB can't help a center

this is like saying that a QB must resort to wizard-science to mindmeld with a receiver in order to complete a pass (and yes, it's "meld," not "melt" you idiot). the guy breaks right when the ball gets there! how the **** do they do that without magic!?!?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #70
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself...

I love Champ, I think every Bronco fan does, but he's no the lockdown corner he once was.
I mean he can still make the plays on a short field, but he's been vulnerable at defending the long ball
let us assume that this is true. that he has no ability to "defend the long ball," as if corner play is just a sprint down the field and if the receiver is faster you automatically lose (guess what? there are not many corners in the NFL faster than Torrey Smith. he must be a hall of famer); that Champ is no longer able to auto shutdown most receivers in the NFL. why in the world does this mean that we should move him to safety? if he's not the BEST CORNER IN FOOTBALL, then he obviously shouldn't be playing the position? christ, you've all been spoiled. go watch tape of lenny walls and rock alexander and tell me mid thirties Champ shouldn't be playing corner.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #71
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
let us assume that this is true. that he has no ability to "defend the long ball," as if corner play is just a sprint down the field and if the receiver is faster you automatically lose (guess what? there are not many corners in the NFL faster than Torrey Smith. he must be a hall of famer); that Champ is no longer able to auto shutdown most receivers in the NFL. why in the world does this mean that we should move him to safety? if he's not the BEST CORNER IN FOOTBALL, then he obviously shouldn't be playing the position? christ, you've all been spoiled. go watch tape of lenny walls and rock alexander and tell me mid thirties Champ shouldn't be playing corner.
Champ is still quite good. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless. Being a step slower than a speedster deep threat is not a big deal. It just means Champ needs safety help deep finally. 99.9% of corners need safety help their entire careers.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #72
Bacchus

Quote:

Really, all last year huh? Wow, Name one bad game last year outside of the playoff game. NAME ONE.

I swear sometimes you people don't even watch the games.

We are in an age of 5,000 yard passers, 5,000 yards!! I don't even think Champ gave up a single 100 yard game. I think AJ Green had like 69 yards on him and that was the most all year.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #73
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Wow, you've put a bunch of words in my mouth I never said.
All I said was that Champ has been vulnerable to the long pass, I say this based on what I've seen. He's got exposed last year.
I'm not saying he can't play the position. I think that after playing for 15 years that he's learned a trick or two that still gives him an advantage, but you gotta admit that he got turned a few times last year...

I wish him the best for sure, and if I'm wrong, then I'll be super happy to have been wrong all along, and trust me, I would not have an issue in admitting my wrong...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #74
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Wow, you've put a bunch of words in my mouth I never said.
All I said was that Champ has been vulnerable to the long pass, I say this based on what I've seen. He's got exposed last year.
I'm not saying he can't play the position. I think that after playing for 15 years that he's learned a trick or two that still gives him an advantage, but you gotta admit that he got turned a few times last year...

I wish him the best for sure, and if I'm wrong, then I'll be super happy to have been wrong all along, and trust me, I would not have an issue in admitting my wrong...
What games did he get exposed on?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #75
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Hear, hear. Even over 30 years of age, Bailey is one of the best CB's in the NFL. Maybe no longer elite, but still far better than just about anyone we could find available out there, including the draft.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote