The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Definitely need to lock up WWIII mid-season. DRC will have to prove consistency. Harris jr. is RFA in 2014, so the Broncos can work with him after the season (if they so choose).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Peyton's will have to restructure. If he doesn't then the he's a selfish prick and Elway's a water head dufus.
Don't be surprised if DRC keeps ballin that Champ may be released next year or asked to seriously restructure that $10M/yr. Anxious to see what he has left in the tank. He needs to have a big year to not find himself in a situation similar to what Doom found himself in.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #28
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Sure wasn't Blake.
Blake is now on the AZ Cardinals practice squad.

I've always liked ManRam. I thought he looked good a couple years ago in camp.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Is Woodyard next, he deserves it more than anyone.

My order of priority in terms of extension and resigning:

WWIII
Harris jr.
D. Thomas
Decker
Beadles

DRC is making his way on to the top of this list. If he finish the season the way he started it against Baltimore I would make him the #1 priority.
Honestly, I would put Beadles ahead of Decker unless we can get Decker under contract before FA.

Someone will overpay for him.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
Don't be surprised if DRC keeps ballin that Champ may be released next year or asked to seriously restructure that $10M/yr. Anxious to see what he has left in the tank. He needs to have a big year to not find himself in a situation similar to what Doom found himself in.
Reevis is getting $16 million a year. Champ is not over paid at $10 million.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #31
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Honestly, I would put Beadles ahead of Decker unless we can get Decker under contract before FA.

Someone will overpay for him.
Well, if you let Decker go then you need to lock up Welker for another couple of years. I think it is an either or scenario. Welker will e much cheaper. I imagine Decker will be looking for $8 million a year depending on his stats. If he regresses to 65 catches this year or something than he might still be a bargain for Denver.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
g6matty

sooner than later we will need to look at spending a serious draft pick on a WR. IMHO Decker gets over payed for in FA... if and when that happens , welkers getting older and only on a two year deal. DT is a no brainer we lock him up long term eventually. i wouldnt be mad if we grab WR in round one this coming year . what i am not interested in is getting one of these "offensive weapon" guys. no tavon austins no d athony thomas' . lets get a bonified 6'2+ guy with wheels that we can develope. the percy harvin guys are all smoke and mirrors. line up and play football and beat the man infront of you
Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #33
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
sooner than later we will need to look at spending a serious draft pick on a WR. IMHO Decker gets over payed for in FA... if and when that happens , welkers getting older and only on a two year deal. DT is a no brainer we lock him up long term eventually. i wouldnt be mad if we grab WR in round one this coming year . what i am not interested in is getting one of these "offensive weapon" guys. no tavon austins no d athony thomas' . lets get a bonified 6'2+ guy with wheels that we can develope. the percy harvin guys are all smoke and mirrors. line up and play football and beat the man infront of you
There are two of them on the practice squad right now developing.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #34
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
There are two of them on the practice squad right now developing.
they have talents that are a dime a dozen. nothing special about either of them.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
they have talents that are a dime a dozen. nothing special about either of them.
so you say
Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #36
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
You can do a lot with Champ's $10 million bucks. I wouldn't be shocked to see Champ in a different uniform next year.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #37
NorCalBronco7

I didnt think he had a shot at starting center. Boy was I way off. He really looks comfortable in the middle. Very happy for Manny.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #38
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
You can do a lot with Champ's $10 million bucks. I wouldn't be shocked to see Champ in a different uniform next year.
Throw in Kuper being dumped, Denver will have plenty of money for other players.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #39
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I knew he was the long term answer when he was taking snaps during OTA'S. Koppen wasn't going to start even if he was healthy.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #40
extralife
Ring of Famer

this sounds like beadles is gone to me.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #41
Agamemnon

Quote:

WWIII
Harris jr.
D. Thomas
Decker
Beadles

DRC is making his way on to the top of this list. If he finish the season the way he started it against Baltimore I would make him the #1 priority.
Beadles?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #42
Agamemnon

Quote:
Gerell Robinson has the potential to be a good possession receiver if he can develop better hands. I agree on King though.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #43
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I knew he was the long term answer when he was taking snaps during OTA'S. Koppen wasn't going to start even if he was healthy.
MED called this last year before the Koppen signing.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:57 AM   #44
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Gerell Robinson has the potential to be a good possession receiver if he can develop better hands. I agree on King though.
How could you possibly agree on King? What have you seen on King? Denver knew early on that they were going to try to sneak him on to the practice squad so he hardly played. Unless you went to practices and observed King practice on a day to day basis you have no validity on your statement besides just an opinon from left field.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #45
fwf

Ill just say this.. Peyton makes guys better. The fact that it was Koppen first now Manny says something.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #46
g6matty

I like gerrell more so than king. Unfortunately the only reason hes here is because brock has someone comfortable to throw to at practice . King barely produced in college how can we expect him to be anything on the pro level. And bacchus are you a denver insider? How do u know the plan was to 'sneak him along the practice squad'? If players like quinton jammer and andre caldwell even zack dysert beat him out for the 53 that doesnt bode well.. Add in the fact that no body even claimed him on waivers...
Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #47
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Reevis is getting $16 million a year. Champ is not over paid at $10 million.
He is if he has regressed from elite to your average run of the mill corner due to age (it will catch up to everyone). Last time we saw him in a real game he got TOASTED by a nothing special speedster receiver and may have cost us a SuperBowl. I love Champ and everything he has done but just like Doom...you don't overpay when the productivity wanes a bit.

Like the other post said...you can do a lot with $10,000,000. Hello DT, Woodyard, DRC.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #48
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

WWIII
Harris jr.
D. Thomas
Decker
Beadles

I agree with your list, but I move Decker ahead of DT. not because of talent or anything, but because DT has 1 more year before he is a free agent. I see no need to up his cap number a year earlier than we need to.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #49
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
MED called this last year before the Koppen signing.
Before the first Koppen signing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #50
lolcopter

Champ is going to retire after we win the Super Bowl this year, however he is grossly overvalued at his current $10mm/year

Also, I'm in the decker not being resigned camp. Some other team will over value him

Last edited by lolcopter; 09-12-2013 at 10:46 AM..