The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #201
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
Oh that's just awesome...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #202
Pezman
Livin the dream
 
Pezman's Avatar
 
Andy did you hear about this one?

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Smoggy SoCal
Posts: 9,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

THE MOVIE 300 WAS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS TOO!
__________________
Sitting on a beach, earning 20%
Pezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #203
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,555

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
That's a valid point based on his smoking situation. His 2 incidents involving petty traffic violations that will mean NOTHING down the line will play much of a factor other than getting some fans' panties in a bunch.

At this point, he'll probably have to play out this season before given any type of extension.
Okay, you win the stupid poster of the day award. Now take the rest of the day off.

Petty traffic violations included: Carless driving, no license or insurance. Now throw on top of it a failure to appear, warrant and arrest, I have no idea where you come from, but ask his insurance carrier (provided he even has auto insurance) and his rates will go up. Add in he is now driving on a suspended license while serving a 6 game suspension. Add it all up and it is a huge FU.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #204
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post

...

You are acting like he broke up with you or something. Calm down.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #205
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,588

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
They let his Dad drive home right?
Well at least he has a dad and knows who he is .......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #206
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Okay, you win the stupid poster of the day award. Now take the rest of the day off.

Petty traffic violations included: Carless driving, no license or insurance. Now throw on top of it a failure to appear, warrant and arrest, I have no idea where you come from, but ask his insurance carrier (provided he even has auto insurance) and his rates will go up. Add in he is now driving on a suspended license while serving a 6 game suspension. Add it all up and it is a huge FU.
Are you really going to not sign a player because of traffic violations?

Please put some perspective into thought and think about the stupidity of this thought process. Von Miller is not your son.

You think in 5 years he will still be committing these same mistakes? They're not a result of hanging around with the wrong people. They're a result of just being flat out, irresponsible, which in this case is easier to fix.

Some of you speak as if Von Miller is your child, not a football player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #207
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Your right we do not..what we do know is he is serving a 6 game suspension, got arrested at a gun store for failure to appear, and just got another ticket for driving with a suspended license. I wasn't an agel in my early 20's either but I knew when I was pushing it and I didn't even have to lose 2 million in salary.
He is suspended because of his drug use, which I've said throughout the thread, is a legitimate concern.

Not ****ing traffic violations... if you took out the whole 6 game suspension, these traffic violations wouldn't mean **** other than an irresponsible 24 year old kid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #208
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,456

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...s-ban-citation

"ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen reported later Wednesday that the NFL will not increase Miller's suspension."
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #209
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
95% of NFL players will go through their entire careers and never have to deal with any of this stupid ****, especially something so banal as failing to show up to court over a misdemeanor traffic citation.
That's false.

you just never hear about **** like this with the rest of the NFL. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Like I said, another player on our team Julius Thomas, was in the same ****ing situation...but that nearly didn't draw the same amount of attention...and the only reason that was reported was because Von Miller is on the same team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #210
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Like I said, another player on our team Julius Thomas, was in the same ****ing situation...but that nearly didn't draw the same amount of attention...
BECAUSE HE'S NOT ****ING SUSPENDED FOR SIX GAMES ALREADY
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #211
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...s-ban-citation

"ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen reported later Wednesday that the NFL will not increase Miller's suspension."
No, I say we look at the stupidity and over reactions of the people on orangemane.

No **** they weren't going to increase his suspension..it's a ****ing TRAFFIC violation. Yet some people wet their pants as if it was a real possibility.

Von Miller is not your child.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #212
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,542

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Traffic ticket. Yawn.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #213
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
He is suspended because of his drug use, which I've said throughout the thread, is a legitimate concern.

Not ****ing traffic violations... if you took out the whole 6 game suspension, these traffic violations wouldn't mean **** other than an irresponsible 24 year old kid.
Ya but the suspension magnifies future stupidity/immaturity. All of his decisions and lack of responsibility are heavily scrutinized after committing a mistake, break law, etc. some are just wondering how he can last through a heavily enforced stage 3 when he shows no sign of maturity in handling basic traffic laws?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #214
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,588

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Attachment 32829

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #215
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,386

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
He is suspended because of his drug use, which I've said throughout the thread, is a legitimate concern.

Not ****ing traffic violations... if you took out the whole 6 game suspension, these traffic violations wouldn't mean **** other than an irresponsible 24 year old kid.

Being 24 is still a kid? Wow
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #216
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
No, I say we look at the stupidity and over reactions of the people on orangemane.

No **** they weren't going to increase his suspension..it's a ****ing TRAFFIC violation. Yet some people wet their pants as if it was a real possibility.

Von Miller is not your child.
The stupidity all lies with Von.


Fans reacting to his poor decisions before we make a heavy investment in such a player is normal and warranted in almost all circumstances. Trying to gloss over his possible retardation because "hey, it was just a traffic violation" is basically throwing in the towel on this dumbass kid prematurely. Instead of lashing out at fans, maybe hold the millionaire game players to a higher standard how 'bout.


Or **** it, lets sign him and watch him get suspended a whole year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #217
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
BECAUSE HE'S NOT ****ING SUSPENDED FOR SIX GAMES ALREADY
No, it's because he's Julius Thomas.

You trying to tell me if Peyton Manning was in the same situation it wouldn't have received more attention? And Manning isn't suspended 6 games.

You have to understand how the media works.

The NFL league wide does a great job and keeping bad press for the players out of the media. Players can get arrested for something petty and let go, and you'd NEVER know.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #218
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
You can get the munchies from just reading a thread about Von.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #219
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
No, it's because he's Julius Thomas.

You trying to tell me if Peyton Manning was in the same situation it wouldn't have received more attention? And Manning isn't suspended 6 games.

You have to understand how the media works.

The NFL league wide does a great job and keeping bad press for the players out of the media. Players can get arrested for something petty and let go, and you'd NEVER know.
Peyton would never be in that situation because he's not a ****ing moron


I understand how the media works too dip****, I work in media. Stop letting the imbecile off the hook.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #220
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Peyton would never be in that situation because he's not a ****ing moron
that's racist!
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #221
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
The stupidity all lies with Von.


Fans reacting to his poor decisions before we make a heavy investment in such a player is normal and warranted in allow all circumstances. Trying to gloss over his possible retardation because "hey, it was just a traffic violation" is basically throwing in the towel on this dumbass kid prematurely. Instead of lashing out at fans, maybe hold the millionaire game players to a higher standard how 'bout.


Or **** it, lets sign him and watch him get suspended a whole year.
It's irrelevant to fans. Like I said, do you honestly believe he will be committing these same crimes down the line? I mean of all crimes you can commit, and of all problems you see other players get into, these traffic violations are at the absolute bottom.

Someone even brought up Brandon MArshall earlier and I wrote a whole post of the differences between Marshall and Von's situation, but no one responded...I know people on here know they're overreacting on some female BS.

I'm saying this...his traffic violations will not make or break his contract situation. His drug situation will.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #222
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Peyton would never be in that situation because he's not a ****ing moron


I understand how the media works too dip****, I work in media. Stop letting the imbecile of the hook.
Your response of Manning would never be in that situation has nothing to do with the point I was making.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #223
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
It's irrelevant to fans. Like I said, do you honestly believe he will be committing these same crimes down the line?
He hasn't shown anything to convince me otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I'm saying this...his traffic violations will not make or break his contract situation. His drug situation will.
You're wrong. The only reason this little ticky tacky **** even matters is because of his past. EVEYTHING will be in play re: contract extensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Your response of Manning would never be in that situation has nothing to do with the point I was making.
I think the point you're trying to make is oh boo hoo Von was in a minor incident that the media is just running away with

My point is he never would have been in that circumstance had he used his ****ing brain for more than a Molly playhouse and weed emporium

Last edited by lolcopter; 09-11-2013 at 02:43 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #224
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Being 24 is still a kid? Wow
When you're an athlete all your life...yeah, it's not uncommon...these people age differently than the normal person going out and getting a normal job.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #225
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
When you're an athlete all your life...yeah, it's not uncommon...these people age differently than the normal person going out and getting a normal job.

Do you mean because of the wear and tear or because of the lack of maturity some of them have?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Denver Broncos