The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #126
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If the league extended his suspension because of a suspended license violation, then the players union is the most useless in the history of unions.
I would disagree. It's about the totality of the circumstances. By itself, it's not a major concern, if at all. But, as the minor issues pile up to add on top of the larger issues, than it becomes a concern as it tarnishes the NFL "Shield". As it is, I think we can all agree Von Miller has at least shown an attitude that he is above caring about rules. The NFL does not want the players projecting an image to the public that NFL players are above the law or are able to ignore it on whims.

I'm not sure if there will be an addition to his suspension, but it would not surprise me if another 1-2 games were tacked on to try and teach Miller some humility, that he does, infact, have to obey rules like everyone else.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #127
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
If the league extended his suspension because of a suspended license violation, then the players union is the most useless in the history of unions.
Oh I am not saying that at all. Take Suh as an example I guess. I realize this is a little apples to oranges, but they put a heavy fine on him this week...more so than a lot of players would have had and it's because of his history.

I am simply saying, this regime is proving every week that they are not going to put up with certain things. I just personally think, Von is playing with fire even with minor traffic crap. Rog seems to get these hairs up his ass about things, and I don't want one of those being #58.

I agree with what you are saying about the player's union for sure, but Von has to also keep his nose clean.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #128
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I couldn't figure out why you brought up BM and his need for weed.
The line before I said he was bipolar...getting into domestic violence situations... he obviously had an anger issue. Almost ending his career with getting his whole forearm sliced open, which was probably a psycho act by his GF.

Thus, him smoking weed would have benefited...which was a half-hearted joke...maybe...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #129
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Isn't driving on a suspended license a big deal?
No, everyone does it. EVERYONE!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #130
DENVERDUI55

Did anyone mention that the commish can add to his suspension.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...s-ban-citation
Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #131
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
That's a valid point based on his smoking situation. His 2 incidents involving petty traffic violations that will mean NOTHING down the line will play much of a factor other than getting some fans' panties in a bunch.

At this point, he'll probably have to play out this season before given any type of extension.
Driving on a suspended license is not a minor traffic violation... It's a reflection of poor judgement... Now is that youth, or is that Von specifically?

My worry is if he can't refrain from driving until his legal issues are resolved, what happens the next time he is in a situation with banned substances? Will he show the same decision making Will he overcome and stay away from people, places and things that get him in trouble

Everybody hopes Von's troubles are a blip, but signing a dip**** to a big deal then getting screwed could set out team back years... Right now he's a loose cannon, and not in a good way...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #132
Powderaddict

Getting in trouble off the field does not equal getting in trouble on the field.

If this incident impacts his availability, I'll be pissed. Otherwise, meh.

He's not the brightest, that's for sure.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #133
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
This is horse****.

For one, there is a ton of research which does in fact show parallels between "minor" actions progressing to "major" actions. It is not absolute, but the odds are drastically increased.

Second, I don't lie. I refuse. Dishonest people should be shot in the face and removed from this planet. It's incredibly simple to live honestly. I negotiate, argue, and debate for a living and I still don't have to resort to lying to win. I don't cheat, I don't steal, I don't break the law. It's very easy. So, not everyone ****ing lies.
Everyone lies. It may be the smallest thing but there are studies done to show that everyone lies...it maybe not be BAD lies, but the act of lying is done by everyone.

The studies you talk about, are the at the most obvious. However, there is a certain understanding to them. Major actions are obviously generally preceded by minor actions. But minor actions don't always lead into major actions.

This is the type of assumption that makes so many people so damn ignorant.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #134
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I would disagree. It's about the totality of the circumstances. By itself, it's not a major concern, if at all. But, as the minor issues pile up to add on top of the larger issues, than it becomes a concern as it tarnishes the NFL "Shield". As it is, I think we can all agree Von Miller has at least shown an attitude that he is above caring about rules. The NFL does not want the players projecting an image to the public that NFL players are above the law or are able to ignore it on whims.

I'm not sure if there will be an addition to his suspension, but it would not surprise me if another 1-2 games were tacked on to try and teach Miller some humility, that he does, infact, have to obey rules like everyone else.
Considering the NFL doesn't suspend people for traffic incidents, unless alcohol is involved, I stand by my statement. This isn't even an arrestable offense.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 09-11-2013 at 08:45 AM..
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #135
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Driving on a suspended license is not a minor traffic violation... It's a reflection of poor judgement... Now is that youth, or is that Von specifically?

My worry is if he can't refrain from driving until his legal issues are resolved, what happens the next time he is in a situation with banned substances? Will he show the same decision making Will he overcome and stay away from people, places and things that get him in trouble
Poor judgement? Sure. But again, I personally like to know the full details of any given situation before labeling a situation. We don't know WHY he was driving...with his DAD.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #136
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Getting in trouble off the field does not equal getting in trouble on the field.

If this incident impacts his availability, I'll be pissed. Otherwise, meh.

He's not the brightest, that's for sure.
Poor decision making off the field is indicative of poor decision making on the field, which leads some folks to believe maybe Von won't be able to live up to his full potential through faults mostly of his own.

He needs to get his **** together ASAP.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #137
B-Large

Quote:

Great. Von's walking the fine line...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #138
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
No, everyone does it. EVERYONE!
Typical over reacting fan. Never, did I say everyone does it.

Worse than a female on her period...it got so bad it impaired you from even reading my posts with any sort of accurate understanding.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #139
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Poor judgement? Sure. But again, I personally like to know the full details of any given situation before labeling a situation. We don't know WHY he was driving...with his DAD.
If it was an emergency it wouldve been said already and no citation would've been handed out.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #140
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Don't know too many cops who give that citation if it was an emergency situation.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #141
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Considering the NFL does suspend people for traffic incidents, unless alcohol is involved, I stand by my statement. This isn't even an arrestable offense.
This non-"arrestable" offense is punishable by up to 90 days in jail for a first time offender or an entire year for a repeat offender. 3 months in the pokey has the same effect as being arrested, would you agree?
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #142
Action

Quote:

Sounds like league is flexing it's guns.

Someone here just posted about the players union being useless if he gets suspended...I second this.

I found this part interesting:

CBS4 Denver first reported Miller's latest traffic citations. Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson told the station that Miller was with his father, Von Sr., and allowed to drive home.

Why would the officer let him drive home with his dad in the car? I mean, you're allowing him to continue driving with a suspended license, there must be some rhyme and reason.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #143
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

Good find.

Quote:
...while traffic violations alone wouldn't usually draw attention under the league's conduct policy, the policy does cover pattern behavior and allows the commissioner to impose discipline at his discretion. The policy states discipline is a possibility for "conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.''

Goodell also doesn't have to wait for a conviction or public admission of guilt from a player or league official to invoke the policy. To that end, the policy reads: "It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.''
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #144
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Typical over reacting fan. Never, did I say everyone does it.

Worse than a female on her period...it got so bad it impaired you from even reading my posts with any sort of accurate understanding.
I was making fun of you and your generalizations, you ****ing half wit.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #145
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

This guys needs an assistant badly! I think the broncos should assign him one or put him on the Dez Bryant curfew like the Cowboys did!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #146
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I was making fun of you and your generalizations, you ****ing half wit.
My generalizations? I thought I was pretty damn specific with what I said. But that's just me.

pad or tampon for you?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #147
B-Large

Quote:
He was driving without a valid license, what other details do you need to know?? Was his dad sick? Call 911... Was his dad drunk? Call a cab... There is just no reason to drive, especially when you have the mean to take a cab around the planet if need be...

Speeding is speeding, no big deal unless is reckless driving... But he knows he has had his privilege to operate a vehicle revoked temp, why get in behind the wheel?

Now would I have drivin on a suspended license at 23? No, but I have always had a respect for the law, and I was too p***Y afraid to get caught... But I had friends who would have, so I try to cut Bon some slack... But he is no ordinary dude, he the most promising LB in the NFL... For my team...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #148
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Sounds like league is flexing it's guns.

Someone here just posted about the players union being useless if he gets suspended...I second this.

I found this part interesting:

CBS4 Denver first reported Miller's latest traffic citations. Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson told the station that Miller was with his father, Von Sr., and allowed to drive home.

Why would the officer let him drive home with his dad in the car? I mean, you're allowing him to continue driving with a suspended license, there must be some rhyme and reason.
They let his Dad drive home right?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #149
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If it was an emergency it wouldve been said already and no citation would've been handed out.
Cops can be ***** when they pull over a well known person, well knowing that they can make the news. No where in the law does it say citations can't be handed out in emergency situations.

And no, it wouldn't have been said already... they're not going to turn this into a he said, she said thing. From Broncos 'perspective, that's not how you handle this situation... by putting down the police department.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #150
Action

Quote:
They let his Dad drive home right?
Well, the way I read that was Von Miller was allowed to drive him. If it was his dad that was forced to drive, I think they would use different wording...