The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #101
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Everybody freakin speeds though. Geez. It's speeding, something that is pretty rare to get given how much we spend driving each day.
I doubt he thinks "Hey, I got away with speeding so I'm going to go drive drunk"
I guess people just are assuming if he's driving with a suspended license while speeding, that means he's going to go drunk driving, or get some crack, go get some prostitutes, beat up women, etc.
I had a suspended license. I chose not to drive during that time. People are upset cause it shows immaturity. Immaturity and level 3 don't go together.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #102
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Not trying to be an ass here whatsoever, but if him continuing to make poor decisions is "meh" to you...wow. It's not what he did here, it's that he's too stupid to lay low even in the most minor of situations.

It's like lying. If you are willing to tell minor "white lies" then you won't hesitate to lie about something pretty big.
I like how people try to make these parallels.

I guess, if someone drinks beer that means they won't hesitate to get piss drunk. I guess if someone who smokes weed won't hesitate to become a drug dealer. Someone who is speeds won't hesitate to drink and drive. I guess someone who doesn't study for a test, won't hesitate to drop out of school when given the chance.

Everyone ****ing lies. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean everyone won't hesitate to lie about something "big".
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #103
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
What funny is how many of you are making so many assumptions on the situation without knowing the full details...

None of us know the full details as to why he did it.
yeah, things like this never happen to Von Miller
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #104
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

For those who don't get it, here's the bottom line: When you're already on the hot seat, you don't give the FO more bull**** to deal with. And that's just the minimum.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #105
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Everybody freakin speeds though. Geez. It's speeding, something that is pretty rare to get given how much we spend driving each day.
I doubt he thinks "Hey, I got away with speeding so I'm going to go drive drunk"
I guess people just are assuming if he's driving with a suspended license while speeding, that means he's going to go drunk driving, or get some crack, go get some prostitutes, beat up women, etc.
Its the disturbing pattern of behavior that has come in a chunk here, that is the concern. The Broncos are in a position to determine if they want to lock up a young man that seems unable to make the appropriate decisions in various situations.. is that unknown worth a 100M dollar investment?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #106
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
yeah, things like this never happen to Von Miller
What does that have to do with the details?

People in here are comparing him to Brandon Marshall...whom would get into DOMESTIC VIOLENCE with his girlfriend...and punt footballs on the football field...and cause diva fits on the football field...etc. Turns out, dude is bipolar. Some weed would have definitely helped him.

Some of you, are definitely worse than women on their periods.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #107
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

posters her told i am not a fan when i told we need to cut miller..
I got negative reps also.

**** you all for supporting Miller..you are not true fans.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #108
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I like how people try to make these parallels.

I guess, if someone drinks beer that means they won't hesitate to get piss drunk. I guess if someone who smokes weed won't hesitate to become a drug dealer. Someone who is speeds won't hesitate to drink and drive. I guess someone who doesn't study for a test, won't hesitate to drop out of school when given the chance.

Everyone ****ing lies. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean everyone won't hesitate to lie about something "big".
I like how you point out people making parallels by making a parallel, cool.

I also like the "well everyone does it" argument. That is awesome. You know what everyone DOESN'T do? Make a truckload of money and essentially need to stay out of trouble and play a game for it.

I am far from innocent on many things in life, but guess what? I am smart enough to not get into trouble for stupid **** and have never been arrested. I am also an enormous fan of Von, easily my favorite player but hey...keep telling yourself this is not a big deal that he has **** judgement. I am sure we will all feel better when it bites him in the ass again, knowing everyone does it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #109
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
InB4 go_broncos "cut Von" posts.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #110
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I like how people try to make these parallels.

I guess, if someone drinks beer that means they won't hesitate to get piss drunk. I guess if someone who smokes weed won't hesitate to become a drug dealer. Someone who is speeds won't hesitate to drink and drive. I guess someone who doesn't study for a test, won't hesitate to drop out of school when given the chance.

Everyone ****ing lies. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean everyone won't hesitate to lie about something "big".

You have it backwards. Someone gets busted doing something big, and gets a second chance. They then start having a series of minor ****-ups. Imagine your dad lets you borrow the family car and you total it. You manage to sweet talk your way out of an ass beating by saying "I've learned my lesson" and your old man is even forgiving enough to let you use the car again. Now you start getting a bunch of minor traffic violations. Does that indicate that you've turned over a new leaf?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #111
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Its the disturbing pattern of behavior that has come in a chunk here, that is the concern. The Broncos are in a position to determine if they want to lock up a young man that seems unable to make the appropriate decisions in various situations.. is that unknown worth a 100M dollar investment?
That's a valid point based on his smoking situation. His 2 incidents involving petty traffic violations that will mean NOTHING down the line will play much of a factor other than getting some fans' panties in a bunch.

At this point, he'll probably have to play out this season before given any type of extension.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #112
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
posters her told i am not a fan when i told we need to cut miller..
I got negative reps also.

**** you all for supporting Miller..you are not true fans.
not true fans for supporting Von Miller?

He a murderer?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #113
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
What does that have to do with the details?

People in here are comparing him to Brandon Marshall...whom would get into DOMESTIC VIOLENCE with his girlfriend...and punt footballs on the football field...and cause diva fits on the football field...etc. Turns out, dude is bipolar. Some weed would have definitely helped him.

Some of you, are definitely worse than women on their periods.
yeah sure, what Von Miller needs is more weed.

the only details I need is why he had a suspended license in the first place.....I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was for something stupid again.

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #114
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
That's a valid point based on his smoking situation. His 2 incidents involving petty traffic violations that will mean NOTHING down the line will play much of a factor other than getting some fans' panties in a bunch.

At this point, he'll probably have to play out this season before given any type of extension.

They do mean something. They mean he is an idiot with terrible judgement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #115
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I like how you point out people making parallels by making a parallel, cool.

I also like the "well everyone does it" argument. That is awesome. You know what everyone DOESN'T do? Make a truckload of money and essentially need to stay out of trouble and play a game for it.

I am far from innocent on many things in life, but guess what? I am smart enough to not get into trouble for stupid **** and have never been arrested. I am also an enormous fan of Von, easily my favorite player but hey...keep telling yourself this is not a big deal that he has **** judgement. I am sure we will all feel better when it bites him in the ass again, knowing everyone does it.
What parallel did I make?

He got arrested for not showing up in court, thus being forgetful, unorganized, not responsible, whatever you want to call it. Not arrested for the act of actually getting in trouble for doing stupid ****.

I'm not writing off his **** because everyone does it. I'm saying, you all have no perspective.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #116
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
That's a valid point based on his smoking situation. His 2 incidents involving petty traffic violations that will mean NOTHING down the line will play much of a factor other than getting some fans' panties in a bunch.

At this point, he'll probably have to play out this season before given any type of extension.
You sure about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
@MikeGarafolo: League spokesman said they're aware of the report of Von Miller's citation and are looking into it.
Minimize it all you want, I would bet Rog' really enjoys players that had a suspension reduced, turning around and acting like children in return. Right or wrong, the league won't play around.

Von has 2 jobs right now, staying in shape and staying out of trouble. 50% ain't bad though right? I mean, everyone does it!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #117
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
yeah sure, what Von Miller needs is more weed.

the only details I need is why he had a suspended license in the first place.....I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was for something stupid again.

Is accurate reading not required in your daily lives anymore? Where did I say Von Miller needs weed?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #118
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I like how people try to make these parallels.

I guess, if someone drinks beer that means they won't hesitate to get piss drunk. I guess if someone who smokes weed won't hesitate to become a drug dealer. Someone who is speeds won't hesitate to drink and drive. I guess someone who doesn't study for a test, won't hesitate to drop out of school when given the chance.

Everyone ****ing lies. EVERYONE. That doesn't mean everyone won't hesitate to lie about something "big".

This is horse****.

For one, there is a ton of research which does in fact show parallels between "minor" actions progressing to "major" actions. It is not absolute, but the odds are drastically increased.

Second, I don't lie. I refuse. Dishonest people should be shot in the face and removed from this planet. It's incredibly simple to live honestly. I negotiate, argue, and debate for a living and I still don't have to resort to lying to win. I don't cheat, I don't steal, I don't break the law. It's very easy. So, not everyone ****ing lies.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #119
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
You sure about that?



Minimize it all you want, I would bet Rog' really enjoys players that had a suspension reduced, turning around and acting like children in return. Right or wrong, the league won't play around.

Von has 2 jobs right now, staying in shape and staying out of trouble. 50% ain't bad though right? I mean, everyone does it!
If the league extended his suspension because of a suspended license violation, then the players union is the most useless in the history of unions.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #120
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,651

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
What parallel did I make?

He got arrested for not showing up in court, thus being forgetful, unorganized, not responsible, whatever you want to call it. Not arrested for the act of actually getting in trouble for doing stupid ****.

I'm not writing off his **** because everyone does it. I'm saying, you all have no perspective.
You can go read your own post and figure it out. So he was arrested for not showing up for a court date but that is not getting in trouble for stupid ****?

And I am the one with no perspective. You are day one retarded.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #121
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
You sure about that?



Minimize it all you want, I would bet Rog' really enjoys players that had a suspension reduced, turning around and acting like children in return. Right or wrong, the league won't play around.

Von has 2 jobs right now, staying in shape and staying out of trouble. 50% ain't bad though right? I mean, everyone does it!
League won't play around? What are you saying, the league will suspend him for getting a traffic violation and driving without a license?

That last statement of yours is such a generalization for your agenda.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #122
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Is accurate reading not required in your daily lives anymore? Where did I say Von Miller needs weed?
I couldn't figure out why you brought up BM and his need for weed.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #123
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
You can go read your own post and figure it out. So he was arrested for not showing up for a court date but that is not getting in trouble for stupid ****?

And I am the one with no perspective. You are day one retarded.
can you read?

Read my post again and please take off your jaded glasses.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #124
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Isn't driving on a suspended license a big deal?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #125
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,414

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

All I wanna know is, whos ready to go on a hooks n' coke run with me? You fly Ill buy.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Denver Broncos