The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #276
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
So it has to be a federal offense before it's serious now?

If Von actually committed a federal crime i bet you'd be on here saying "Well, it isn't like he violated the Geneva Conventions or anything."
No. But are you trying to tell me traffic violations are about to make or break his career?

That's what it sounds like in here.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #277
NorCalBronco7

Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #278
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
No. But are you trying to tell me traffic violations are about to make or break his career?

You would have a valid point were he not already serving a six game suspension

I don't think it's a career killer by any means, more so an indication of his poor decision making which doesn't bode well for his long term future in the league.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #279
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
It might seem like a minor thing, but considering all the other problems he has created for himself, you would think the guy would be smart enough to stay out of trouble
True. You would think. But people have to fall a few times before learning.

Never in the history of sports have traffic violations been such a big deal.

You have a handful of women like fans on orangemane acting as if Von should be cut because of traffic violations.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #280
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
You would have a valid point were he not already serving a six game suspension

I don't think it's a career killer by any means, more so an indication of his poor decision making which doesn't bode well for his long term future in the league.
I agree. But what kind of poor decisions is he making? Is he hanging out with the wrong people or is he just simply making dumbass decisions he can EASILY change next time?

And you will proceed to ask me what makes me think he will change?

I've already answered that. How many people do you know commit these mistakes OVER AND OVER AND OVER?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #281
menonite

Quote:

No. What it shows me is that even after a six game suspension he still hasn't learned to keep his nose clean. How many arrests and suspensions does it take to learn to A: Not get high and B: don't drive without a license?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #282
lolcopter

You're obviously not getting it
Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #283
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
He failed to appear in January though. He committed that mistake LONG before the suspension.

Him being arrested was just very bad timing...and some others on here were questioning the timing on it since police department generally doesn't spend money on going out and arresting people for something like that within 4 months.
That's the 3rd one I'm referencing not being in this time frame. So I don't see 3 but I saw 2 incidents since a suspension was announced. Unfortunately this is all from previous incident an the fact it wasn't handled properly is concerning when it comes to how he will approach stage 3. I look at it as taking care of a traffic warrant, knowing you can't drive on a suspended, not payin a ticket etc as the same type of responsibility as being in the right place to handle a urine test, get that test in on time, making sure you don't spill it, etc.

Seeing how he approaches things, its hard for some of us to think he can go by the stage 3 guidelines, which are just as strict as traffic laws.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #284
Action

Quote:
No. What it shows me is that even after a six game suspension he still hasn't learned to keep his nose clean. How many arrests and suspensions does it take to learn to A: Not get high and B: don't drive without a license?
I believe he drove with a suspended license once..and got arrested once...
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #285
menonite

Quote:
I agree. But what kind of poor decisions is he making? Is he hanging out with the wrong people or is he just simply making dumbass decisions he can EASILY change next time?

He was hanging out with his dad, not Suge Knight. The fact that he can't make the right call on easy decisions is the whole problem. Got a court date? Go. Don't have a drivers license? Let your dad drive.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #286
menonite

Quote:
I believe he drove with a suspended license once..and got arrested once...

The news article said his license had been suspended or revoked. Why do you think it was revoked or suspended in the first place? It's becasue he's screwed up in the past and didn't learn from his mistakes. See a pattern?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #287
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That's the 3rd one I'm referencing not being in this time frame. So I don't see 3 but I saw 2 incidents since a suspension was announced. Unfortunately this is all from previous incident an the fact it wasn't handled properly is concerning when it comes to how he will approach stage 3. I look at it as taking care of a traffic warrant, knowing you can't drive on a suspended, not payin a ticket etc as the same type of responsibility as being in the right place to handle a urine test, get that test in on time, making sure you don't spill it, etc.

Seeing how he approaches things, its hard for some of us to think he can go by the stage 3 guidelines, which are just as strict as traffic laws.
There has only been 1 incident since the suspension. Him getting arrested was just timing...his **** up for getting arrested happened well before suspension.

And to be clear, since lolcopter isn't aware, he got arrested 1 time. Not multiple times.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #288
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
So it has to be a federal offense before it's serious now?

If Von actually committed a federal crime i bet you'd be on here saying "Well, it isn't like he violated the Geneva Conventions or anything."
Whew, murder is usually only a state crime, so even if we have an Aaron Hernandez situation, we'll still be okay
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #289
lolcopter

Quote:
And to be clear, since lolcopter isn't aware, he got arrested 1 time. Not multiple times.
yet

Last edited by lolcopter; 09-11-2013 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: CWIDT?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #290
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
There has only been 1 incident since the suspension. Him getting arrested was just timing...his **** up for getting arrested happened well before suspension.

Yes you are right he was not arrested this last incident. It was a citation with a promise to appear. Not sure if the common man gets to go home though. Most get their car impounded regardless of who can drive it home, and a ride to county jail. I think most here think the repeated mental lapses are the problem, not the traffic to let itself.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #291
Action

Quote:
The news article said his license had been suspended or revoked. Why do you think it was revoked or suspended in the first place? It's becasue he's screwed up in the past and didn't learn from his mistakes. See a pattern?
I do see a pattern, and I see that this pattern is much easier to change (traffic violations).

For some reason, you guys think that people commit traffic violations and drive without licenses and don't appear in court for tickets all throughout their lives.

I've asked a bunch of times already, please show me any athlete that has gotten suspended or been in the media for repeatedly making these traffic violations?

But the fact that you can't show me or yourself one time in history, should lead you to believe that you are over reacting and people generally DO CHANGE AND BREAK THEIR PATTERNS when it comes to **** like this.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #292
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I do see a pattern, and I see that this pattern is much easier to change (traffic violations).

For some reason, you guys think that people commit traffic violations and drive without licenses and don't appear in court for tickets all throughout their lives.

I've asked a bunch of times already, please show me any athlete that has gotten suspended or been in the media for repeatedly making these traffic violations?

But the fact that you can't show me or yourself one time in history, should lead you to believe that you are over reacting and people generally DO CHANGE AND BREAK THEIR PATTERNS when it comes to **** like this.
Paris Hilton?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #293
lolcopter

Drop that crappy strawman already. Von's problem isn't the ****ing traffic bro, it's keeping his nose clean.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #294
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Ron Artest?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #295
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:

He probably didn't even know he was violating the league drug rules before the suspension.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #296
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Ron Artest?
Ron Artest is ****ing nuts. Von Miller isn't nuts, he's just irresponsible.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #297
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Ron Artest is ****ing nuts. Von Miller isn't nuts, he's just irresponsible.
I'm not comparing Von and Artest. Someone asked to name an athlete with several traffic violations over the course of time.

Bottom line is the broncos have to deal with a level of stupidity from a crucial piece of the team that is hard to top. Stupid would be driving on a suspended license. Hall of fame stupidity is someone speeding while driving on a suspended license while having someone in the car capable of driving all while being suspended from the NFL. It's a Saturday night live skit.

He's an idiot and I'm tired of seeing the " you're all not perfect and do the same thing " crap. If I have a suspended license I DON'T DRIVE.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 09-11-2013 at 04:48 PM..
Old 09-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #298
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I strongly believe that Von miller will not be a bronco next year.He will be cut after we win the SB this year without him.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #299
lolcopter

That, is ridiculous
Old 09-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #300
TonyR
Franchise Poster

John Fox "not happy". (sorry if already posted...)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...iller-citation
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote