The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #226
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
He hasn't shown anything to convince me otherwise
And that's where your failure of perspective comes into play.

How many people do you know, celebrities, athletes, whatever, repeat purely traffic violations over and over throughout their career?

Please give me ONE example of someone doing so. (not involving drugs or alcohol)

I mean seriously? You think he'll miss court again and again? You think his license will be suspended forever?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #227
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Do you mean because of the wear and tear or because of the lack of maturity some of them have?

lack of maturity.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #228
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
When you're an athlete all your life...yeah, it's not uncommon...these people age differently than the normal person going out and getting a normal job.

I don't even have a response to this. I just wanted to quote it.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #229
extralife
Ring of Famer

people who are calling this a traffic violation are wrong, for starters. it was a traffic violation that uncovered that he was driving with a suspended license, which is much more severe and much more idiotic.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #230
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
lack of maturity.

Most men are not fully physically or mentally mature until around 25. Also, young men tend to be dumb. Its part of their charm. The job they have or may not have has nothing to do with it.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #231
Action

Quote:
You're wrong. The only reason this little ticky tacky **** even matters is because of his past. EVEYTHING will be in play re: contract extensions
Do you realize how stupid you'd sound in a room attempting to use traffic violations as a reason to not sign someone?

Do you understand how contract proposals work and how it is like in meeting rooms?

I highly doubt it.

Quote:
I think the point you're trying to make is oh boo hoo Von was in a minor incident that the media is just running away with

My point is he never would have been in that circumstance had he used his ****ing brain for more than a Molly playhouse and weed emporium
No, my point is that this **** happens across the league and most of you think the Broncos are the only team that has these type of issues.

Von Miller's traffic violations are at the BOTTOM of the pile of things that players, citizens, Americans, etc... **** up on.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #232
lolcopter

Quote:
And that's where your failure of perspective comes into play.

How many people do you know, celebrities, athletes, whatever, repeat purely traffic violations over and over throughout their career?

Please give me ONE example of someone doing so. (not involving drugs or alcohol)

I mean seriously? You think he'll miss court again and again? You think his license will be suspended forever?
The impression he's giving off right now is that he could wind up in court for a myriad of reasons, probably due to his extremely poor decision making.

You don't think he'll get another traffic violation? Cool story bro. That doesn't put anyone's mind at ease regarding him making stupid mistakes otherwise.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #233
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
It's irrelevant to fans. Like I said, do you honestly believe he will be committing these same crimes down the line? .

As it looks now? Well all signs point to yes based on 2 incidents now(not including the offense that even caused the suspension, i don't even know what that is). Sooner or later the 3rd or 4th offense is mandatory jail time and eventual revoking of a license. Certainly that is punishable by Goodell based on his "conduct" clause he's always hyping about.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #234
lolcopter

Quote:
Do you realize how stupid you'd sound in a room attempting to use traffic violations as a reason to not sign someone?

Do you understand how contract proposals work and how it is like in meeting rooms?

I highly doubt it.

No, my point is that this **** happens across the league and most of you think the Broncos are the only team that has these type of issues.

Von Miller's traffic violations are at the BOTTOM of the pile of things that players, citizens, Americans, etc... **** up on.
PERSPECTIVE you ****ing moron

Do you think the broncos FO sees this as purely a traffic violation?

I'll give you three guesses, the first two don't count
Old 09-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #235
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Most men are not fully physically or mentally mature until around 25. Also, young men tend to be dumb. Its part of their charm. The job they have or may not have has nothing to do with it.

He's 24... but an athletes life is completely different than the normal persons. You're talking about the scientific development of the brain, while I'm talking about life styles.

Partying and all that **** is very easily accessible to athletes throughout their whole career...most of you people probably stopped that **** by the time of graduated or well before 25. If not, then you shouldn't be shocked I called von miller a "kid"
Old 09-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #236
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Easy with the personal insults. Argue the issue, not the person.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #237
Action

Quote:

How else would they view it? As a federal crime?

But once it comes time to talk about a contract, it won't be relevant.

If they were talking about a contract TODAY or within the next few weeks? Possibly it would be more serious.

Hence why I said, he'll probably have to prove good behavior and play out this season and playoffs...then talk about his contract in the off season.

By that time, all these traffic violations will be irrelevant...if he doesn't commit anything else.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #238
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
He's 24... but an athletes life is completely different than the normal persons. You're talking about the scientific development of the brain, while I'm talking about life styles.

Partying and all that **** is very easily accessible to athletes throughout their whole career...most of you people probably stopped that **** by the time of graduated or well before 25. If not, then you shouldn't be shocked I called von miller a "kid"

Talking about the development of the human male. The job they do is irrelevant to it. And most young men party and do dumb ****. The difference being the level of access most of them have, or resources they can utilize. In that sense, you are right.

Otherwise its Von being typical of his age group. He's doing dumb ****. But by 24 calling him a kid is a stretch. He's a man.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #239
lolcopter

Quote:
How else would they view it? As a federal crime?

But once it comes time to talk about a contract, it won't be relevant.

If they were talking about a contract TODAY or within the next few weeks? Possibly it would be more serious.

Hence why I said, he'll probably have to prove good behavior and play out this season and playoffs...then talk about his contract in the off season.

By that time, all these traffic violations will be irrelevant...if he doesn't commit anything else.
As being indicative of potential future violations (big risk)
Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #240
menonite

Quote:
What makes you think he would commit something else?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #241
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't expect Miller to be in the league much longer. Hall of fame skills attached to an idiot decision making apparatus.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #242
Action

Quote:
The impression he's giving off right now is that he could wind up in court for a myriad of reasons, probably due to his extremely poor decision making.

You don't think he'll get another traffic violation? Cool story bro. That doesn't put anyone's mind at ease regarding him making stupid mistakes otherwise.
No,I think he can get another traffic violation. But it simply depends on the violation.

Now, if he's caught driving without a license again? That's a different story. People generally don't commit that crime twice.

I've already asked to give me examples of ANYONE...athletes/celebrities...whomever... who commit these type of traffic violations consistently throughout their career.

But obviously, you can't.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #243
Drunken.Broncoholic

Takakjian & Sitkoff have made a good chunk of change representing habitual traffic offenders who are celebrities.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #244
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
He has yet to show otherwise
Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #245
lolcopter

Quote:
No,I think he can get another traffic violation. But it simply depends on the violation.

Now, if he's caught driving without a license again? That's a different story. People generally don't commit that crime twice.

I've already asked to give me examples of ANYONE...athletes/celebrities...whomever... who commit these type of traffic violations consistently throughout their career.

But obviously, you can't.

Oh so you think he's learned his lesson then? Alrighty sleep well
Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #246
NorCalBronco7

Quote:

He mad
Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #247
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Well first off, I look to see if the cause is that he's surrounded by bad people and friends... that's usually the hardest pattern to break. He's not. These are just traffic violations for being irresponsible which will most likely be fixed because there will be a point in time, it will be to his greatest interest to not commit this **** again.

Look at Dez Bryants situation in Dallas. If you followed that, you'd realize how small this Von situation is.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #248
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
He mad
I am mad. Mad our best defensive player has **** for brains
Old 09-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #249
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I don't expect Miller to be in the league much longer. Hall of fame skills attached to an idiot decision making apparatus.
This is the type of overreaction that just baffles me.

Brandon Marshall is still in the league. Michael Vick is still in the league...both being paid TOP dollar (one with 100 million dollar contract)...

And you sitting here talking about Von not being in the league because of traffic violations

Perspective. Get some.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #250
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

He got arrested during a background check BUYING A GUN.

If he can't get his stuff straight before going to buy a gun, on top of everything else, well, I don't know why anyone would expect this pattern to change.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote